Ultrasound Questions

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2010, 11:21 AM
sunkissed_beachbabe's Avatar Veteran
Sevrina has to go in for two ultrasounds tomorrow. One is a Renal Ultrasound cause of a large cyst on her umbilical cord when I was pregnant with her and the other one is a Pilonidal Utrasound cause she has a very deep Pilonidal Dimple on her back side that dosent seem to have a bottom to it. She also has to go in next week for a Sweat Test for Cystic Fibrosis cause I am a carrier and we are not sure if her father is. He had no medical and the test was pretty expensive so my OB told us to wait till she was born cause knowing if he was or not wouldnt change anything in my pregnancy unless termination was an option for me. (which there was NO WAY it was) We arent to concerned with the Cystic Fibrosis Diagnosis cause she dosent seem to have any symptoms but we are taking all precautions. I was curious has anyone had any of these procedures done with their children or know of anyone who has and can share the info with me??? Any information is highly appreciated.

Last edited by sunkissed_beachbabe; January 28th, 2010 at 12:56 PM.
January 28th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Snowpeas
Josiah's had an ct scan but not an ultrasound. Want to wish you and little Severina all the best!
January 28th, 2010, 12:08 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Emily had several u/s when she was little, on her heart. She had EKG's and u/s's.
She was younger, but they gave her sugar water, and it puts them in a daze and the u/s didn't phase her. No drugs, just the sugar water.
I hope everything is ok, I'll be thinking about you guys. KUP!

January 28th, 2010, 12:48 PM
*Hayley*
Both of my boys have the dimple, and Cohen had an u/s for it because his was/is pretty deep and he had hair on his lower back and that is another indication that the spinal cord didn't close properly, but his results were normal. DH has it too, so I'm guessing it's genetic.
January 28th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Emily and Abby have a butt dimple too but it was never mentioned that it can be a problem. They just said to make sure to wipe them well.

January 28th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hayley* View Post
Both of my boys have the dimple, and Cohen had an u/s for it because his was/is pretty deep and he had hair on his lower back and that is another indication that the spinal cord didn't close properly, but his results were normal. DH has it too, so I'm guessing it's genetic.

Yes it is hereditary my oldest son has it and so does my grandson too but theirs dosent seem to tunnel. The doc can see a bottom to theirs..............The paperwork says to please do ultrasound of sacrum r/o pilonidal tract and r/o tethered cord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
Emily and Abby have a butt dimple too but it was never mentioned that it can be a problem. They just said to make sure to wipe them well.

They probably didnt mention any problem cause they can see the bottom where it closes off meaning it dosent tunnel to the spine.

January 28th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Can, you can see the bottom of both of theirs. I've never heard of it tunneling to the spine. Learn something everyday.

January 28th, 2010, 01:29 PM
i can see the bottom of my oldest son and my grandsons but not Sevrina's thats why we are doing the ultrasound.

January 28th, 2010, 03:17 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Zac had a sweat test done four very unnecessary times. Babies don't seem to mind it at all. Its non-invasive so there is no pain. They'll just stimulate a bit on her arm to produce some sweat, then wrap her up really warm to help her sweat some more. I held Zac all wrapped up for 2 of his to get the most amount of sweat as possible.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 28th, 2010, 07:45 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i said a prayer for her good luck please kup.

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

January 29th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Genevieve got one on her neck but not for the same thing.... I just wanted to let you know Im thinking of you and your LO and hope for the best for you. GL

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
January 29th, 2010, 08:41 AM
*Hayley*
Cohen's is deep and you can't see the bottom, but Abe's you can. GL today, let us know what they say.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search