sleep regression??

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can completely relate! For a few blissful weeks Claire was sleeping 8ish-7:30 with one waking around 3am. I'm not sure what changed, but she is now up twice at night to eat plus has big issues falling back to sleep.

This is no fun! I would LOVE even 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Even my older DD, who was not a good sleeper, was sleeping way better at this point
January 29th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have heard a lot about the 4 month 'wakeful period' (try googling that) or 4 month sleep regression. Its definitely a real thing....but from what I've read theres nothing you can do about it...it usually passes after a few weeks? They just become so interested in their surrounds, learning, moving, etc. that they don't want to sleep and become easily aroused...

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
January 29th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Snowpeas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine_D View Post
I have heard a lot about the 4 month 'wakeful period' (try googling that) or 4 month sleep regression. Its definitely a real thing....but from what I've read theres nothing you can do about it...it usually passes after a few weeks? They just become so interested in their surrounds, learning, moving, etc. that they don't want to sleep and become easily aroused...
Olivia went through the same thing. I remember thinking after she was out of the newborn phase that babies sleep all night. Ha. Maybe for some lucky people but in my experience a month or two of good sleep is usually followed by poor sleep for awhile, then back to good sleep, and then repeat. Every time they learn a new skill or about to it seems they have a lot more trouble sleeping for awhile.
January 29th, 2010, 08:50 AM
*Hayley*
ditto sara and christine. i hope she starts sleeping better for you again and soon!
January 29th, 2010, 06:42 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG levi is doing the same thing. I'm a walking zombie. Crying every hour or two, when he was sleeping from 8-4:30 straight.

What do you do when she wakes up?? I don't know if I should let him squawk, put his paci back in, feed him or what. I guess I don't know if he's waking because he's hungry or if he's just waking.

I'm starting to put the wrong words in sentences because I'm so tired.

January 29th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally get the frustration/dread/anxiety...when Claire went through the really rough time a month or so ago I ended up going to my OB to be put on PPD meds to help with the anxiety. I dreaded night time and got so anxious at one point that I could not walk in to her room day or night without getting a huge sinking feeling in my stomach.
January 29th, 2010, 08:40 PM
i've been trying not to feed him either and just doing the paci. I'm sure it's because he's older, but his cries seem sooooo much louder, too, and my SO is waking up as well. He had huge bags under his eyes today from waking up last night.

Levi's already woken up once since he was put down at 8 .

I do believe in CIO to an extent, because I think he does need to learn to put himself back to sleep. I've been letting him cry for 15 minutes before doing the pacifier. He puts himself back to sleep sometimes now, which he never did before. Although I ended up feeding him at 12:30 last night (used to make it till 4:30) because he was soooo loud.

It's nice to know it's not just me Erica. We've been spoiled with good sleep since he was 3 weeks. I kept trying to figure out what I'd done differently, not even taking into account that he's probably just going through a phase.

REALLY??? He's awake again!

January 29th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
HUGS ladies I hope they start sleeping better, I am hoping Elise starts doing better but I think part of her problem is she still has ezema on her belly and I think it itches her but who knows I feel luck at least she is going 4 hrs for one strech at night

January 29th, 2010, 10:26 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sending lots of sleep dust to your babies.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 31st, 2010, 01:58 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope all your kiddos start to sleep better

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 31st, 2010, 02:20 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Same thing is happening here.
February 3rd, 2010, 01:06 AM
Veteran
Our son (15 weeks) was never an 8-hr sleeper...the longest we usually get is 5 1/2 hours. But 5 nights this week he's been up 5+ times a night - and in the many weeks before, we've gotten used to 3+ times, easy. Which I thought was normal, actually, but it appears in this board and with my friends, that it's not.

I'm debating doing Ferber - I go back to work in 2 weeks so am getting worried about this high lack of sleep. Just feels so early, he can't even roll over or sit, he's just such a little guy. But then so many of my friends did it before now.

So you ladies are definitely not alone!

All thoughts appreciated
February 3rd, 2010, 08:56 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh I have no advice but just wanted to add that we are in the same boat over here. After weeks of sleeping through the night we are at 2 weeks of night wakings. Sometimes as bad as every 2 hours. Sometimes we get a 6 hour stretch. Cant wait for this to be over!!
February 3rd, 2010, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
how are the babies doing now, I am lucky scine we cleared up Elises exema she is doing soooo much better

February 3rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
SO keeps suggesting we give Levi tylenol, too. I'm going to wait until his 4 month checkup tomorrow to see what the doc has to say.

Last night he was up every 40 minutes. Thank goodness SO took over a little... I think he's finally starting to realize that I'm exhausted. He's so much worse than when he was a newborn. I hope he gets back to himself.

Do you feel any teeth starting to come in Erica? I know Levi is starting to teethe, but there are no signs of teeth yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search