Extremely fussy baby :( ATT Honu: I have a question posted for you

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2010, 10:34 AM
sunkissed_beachbabe's Avatar Veteran
Sevrina has been extremely fussy for quite a while now. im talking ear piercing crying off and on all day long. It has been going on for about a month now. They have changed here formula from Similac to Isomil which is a soy formula, in hopes that it might help because she was very constipated (only pooping like every few days) and she seemed really bloated and gassy. Since they have switched her formula about 2 weeks ago she has been tooting a lot more so the doc said she was probably having trouble releasing her gas with the Similac. She is still very unhappy. Dont get me wrong she smiles constantly but if she isnt smiling she is screaming at the top of her lil lungs. Its either hot or cold all day long! Im sooo exhausted im going insane. You have probably seen my other posts about the procedures she needed to have for the cyst on her umbilical cord (which turned out fine) and the pilonidal dimple which I dont think this has anything to do with that. Im at a lost.

Honu, What exactly were the signs they told you to look for with the chance of the intestines overlapping?

January 31st, 2010, 12:09 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like she's still not agreeing with the formula. Have you tried Similac Sensitive? Are you sure it's not reflux?

January 31st, 2010, 01:02 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sounds like a reaction to the formula

I hope it gets better for you soon

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 31st, 2010, 01:21 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tegan does this too. She goes from smiling to ear piercing screaming. Back and forth throughout the day. My DF calls her split-personality baby. For us it isnt around feeding time and she is half breastfed and still does it after a breastfeeding session so the doctor doesnt think it's formula related. We're just hoping its a developmental phase and will pass. If you find something let me know because we're in the same boat.
January 31st, 2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
It sounds like she's still not agreeing with the formula. Have you tried Similac Sensitive? Are you sure it's not reflux?
Yea I know its not reflux, she barely spits up and my oldest daughter had reflux extremely bad so I know its not that.
As for the formula he wanted me to go on the Isomil Similac cause not only is it lactose free like the Senisitive Similac but its milk free also

January 31st, 2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlica View Post
Tegan does this too. She goes from smiling to ear piercing screaming. Back and forth throughout the day. My DF calls her split-personality baby. For us it isnt around feeding time and she is half breastfed and still does it after a breastfeeding session so the doctor doesnt think it's formula related. We're just hoping its a developmental phase and will pass. If you find something let me know because we're in the same boat.
yea Ive heard a few comments about her being the bi polar baby lol.......Sevrina isnt only fussy at feeding times either its just that she had the constipation and when shes doing her screaming episodes she tightens and straightens her body out so my doc was starting with the easiest solution (not quite knowing the problem yet) and thinking its her stomach so changing her formula would be the first step....but of course it dosent seem to be working. i will definitely let you know if we ever find out the problem and solution. you do the same please

January 31st, 2010, 01:50 PM
Mama2EZ's Avatar Super Mommy
They said that I need to mention it to my doctor if we start to see blood in his stool. She had a hard time explaining it to me, because she didn't want to freak me out. What she said was that they would do an ultrasound and see if that was the problem. If it turned out to be the issue then they would blow air up his bootie and poof it would inflate or something.

I wish I could remember the name, but it was latin (difficult) and I think she was concerned that she was telling me too much. I would mention this to your pediatrician and let him/her decide if they want to do the ultrasound.

As for the gassiness, have you tried Hyland's Colic Tablets. You can find them at any natural food store or stores that have a section for natural remedies. Just follow the bottle and give baby about 2 tablets every 15 minutes for 6 to 8 doses. Then after that it is whenever they are uncomfortable with tummy ache. I was really skeptical at first, but after the initial doses whenever I gave him two tablets he would have a nice poop (and a gigantic smile). I couldn't get any for the last two weeks and we ended up in the ER. I sort of think that it was because I stopped for so long with the tablets. I also think it was teething pain, but is it a coincidence that I hadn't been able to soothe him with the tablets? :shrug:
Ezra Ray 7lb. 7oz. born at 4:20

Last edited by Mama2EZ; January 31st, 2010 at 01:55 PM.
January 31st, 2010, 03:07 PM
Ill look into that...Thank You

January 31st, 2010, 05:23 PM
Snowpeas
((hugs)) That has to be extremely trying. I hope it gets better soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search