Milk Supply ??

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2010, 12:36 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just have gotten over a stomach bug and I have noticed my supply is down a little.

I pump in the morning about 3 hours after he has nursed (I am working full time) and I can get my normal 4-5 ounces total but about 3 hours later I am lucky if I can get 2 ounces and it takes a while for the flow to start.

I know I had to drink while I was sick but it was very hard when you couldn't keep anything in. I did continue to nurse while I was sick but he was all frustrated and restless like he wasn't getting anything.

Is there anything that I can do to help my supply?

I have been eating oatmeal and drinking water, I also started to take my Fenugreek today I forgot over the weekend.

TIA!!

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...#ixzz0eJobT8w4 (Milk Supply ??)

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 1st, 2010, 12:51 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I was sick all last week and half of the week before and I noticed my supply dropped too. I even made sure not to take any decongestants even though I was absolutely miserable.

Just nurse and pump as much as you can. How much Fenugreek are you taking? I kept forgetting when I was sick but now I'm back up to 9 a day and that seems to help. You can also take Blessed Thistle. Make sure you drink a lot. If you're eating oatmeal make sure it's the kind you have to cook from the canister not the little flavored packet ones.

February 1st, 2010, 12:59 PM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you are doing everything you can! It will just take a while for your supply to bounce back. Can you try pumping every 2 hours at work? Or try power pumping? I've never tried it, but I think theres some info in the pumping forum or kellymom.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
February 1st, 2010, 01:44 PM
Snowpeas
It should come back up now that you're feeling better. Pumping or nursing more often than normal will help too.
February 1st, 2010, 01:49 PM
Mama2EZ's Avatar Super Mommy
Any of the nursing teas are great. I believe it is the fennel and milk thistle in them that contribute. When my milk was taking forever to come in I drank at least three cups a day. I do feel a difference. Have you ever heard of Yogi teas. They have a nursing tea in their stock.
Ezra Ray 7lb. 7oz. born at 4:20

February 1st, 2010, 02:07 PM
Veteran
Brewers yeast is supposed to work too...I am thinking about using it to up my supply so I can get away from the house for more than a couple of hours at a time! Good luck!
February 1st, 2010, 03:08 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK the oatmeal is the flavored backs.

Would the original kind work?

How many Fenugreeks can you take? I usually take 3 pills a day all at once.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search