Took Abe to the doctor this morning

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2010, 10:54 AM
*Hayley*
because I'm so fed up with the non stop crying. I might get two hours a day when he's awake that he's not screaming his head off. Soooo she said to try supplementing with formula, even though he weighs over 15lbs now, and if in a couple days that doesn't work to start him on Zantac which he has an Rx for now. When we were in the office, he sucked down two bottles of formula that she game me (alimentum) and when we got home he ate more. Yesterday he was attached to me ALL DAY LONG. I'm really hoping he's just extra hungry during the day since he doesn't eat at night from 8-8. I really don't want to be him on meds if he doesn't need to be.
February 2nd, 2010, 11:06 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alimentum doesn't have any protein, so be sure to BF more than ff if using that.

Does he show signs of reflux? It helped Abby sooooo much, she's like a new baby and I get to enjoy her now instead of dreading her being awake. She's on Pepcid.

February 2nd, 2010, 11:20 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ahhhhh....poor thing - it must be SO frustrating when your LO is not happy. I was VERY leary of putting Reagan on Zantac or Prevacid - but I quickly realized that she was not in pain/uncomfortable when on it, so the benefits outweighed the risks for me.

I hope the formula makes him feel better - but just a heads-up: I can tell when Reagan's reflux is acting up b/c she wants to nurse/eat all day long - I think the milk feels good on her esphogus or helps eliminate the burning sensation. So she will overeat and then spit it all up - which makes the reflux worse - and its a cycle.

Again, I hope this isn't Abe's problem and he becomes a happy little man soon!!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
February 2nd, 2010, 12:02 PM
Snowpeas
I hope he is feeling better very soon. KUP
February 2nd, 2010, 12:52 PM
*Hayley*
I have no idea if he really has reflux or not. He always spits up, most of the time not for an hour after he's eaten. And, after I stopped eating soy and dairy the amount of spit up has been less, but the frequency hasn't decreased all that much. The doctor told me to nurse him normally and then feed him an extra two ounces after each feeding if he still acts hungry. He's gotta be eating at least 6 ounces every feeding now, which is every two hours.
February 2nd, 2010, 01:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
oh I hope he gets better soon

February 2nd, 2010, 03:06 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just my two cents, It sounds like reflux. Babies with reflux over eat because the only time their little throats are not burning, is when that liquid is going down to cool it.
I'd try the meds, see how he responds and then go from there. If it is reflux and it's not treated, it can cause serious damage to his little throat.

All my girls have had reflux, but my first two were treatable without meds. So, I was nervous about giving Abby meds, especially so young but once I saw how happy she was and I knew she wasn't in constant pain anymore, it was so worth it and I know the right decision.

February 2nd, 2010, 05:18 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmm i wonder why so many babies have reflux, i am wondering if Neta has it too because she over eats and spits up a lot.

i hope the meds help, i am pretty sure those tummy meds are extremely safe.

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

February 2nd, 2010, 06:37 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I hope you find something that works so that he's much happier. I know that must be really rough. Maybe if he's that hungry during the day you should wake him for a night feeding?

February 2nd, 2010, 08:45 PM
*Hayley*
I asked the doctor if I should be feeding him at night and she said absolutely not. He's gaining weight really well and the last thing she would do is to disturb his sleep pattern since it's so great. The rest of the evening went well with no spit up! I just can't figure this out. With the extra formula he stretched to three hours, and then I gave him only formula and he didn't spit up at all. I'll see how tomorrow goes.
February 2nd, 2010, 08:50 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i hope you figure it out very very soon. like i said before the tummy meds are some of the safer meds from what i know but i havent researched too much on them. someone said the ailementum doesnt have protein? why doesnt it? do you know why your doc chose that formula and not regular? i am just curious cause i dont know much about the different formulas.

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

February 2nd, 2010, 10:44 PM
*Hayley*
Abe is allergic to milk/soy protein so he can't be on regular formulas...it's either this one, or the enfamil version (some other people have their babies on this in the pr).
February 3rd, 2010, 05:50 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope he starts to do better for you

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 3rd, 2010, 03:17 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you can figure it out soon.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search