Baby Food

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2010, 11:19 AM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thought this may help others~

So I will be making my own baby food and upon researching that... stumbled on this site... I know some say order isnt important when introducing foods, But I would still like something to follow ( even if loosely) and I like their chart and recipes
I just really like the idea of whole, not processed, fresh foods (cereal,fruit,veggies AND meat) for baby... and I like even more the idea of feeding baby how you eat... We typically eat very healthy and I would feed her the same way
(more so applies to as she gets older... IE: we eat chicken and peas, so does she - obviously puree) and I think the best way for her to eat the best is mto make it myself That way I KNOW whats in it.

Heres their 'Food Chart'
Condensed Chart for Introducing Solids Solid Foods for Baby, Feeding your baby homemade solid food.

look around the site... Ive found lots of good tips and recipe ideas Esp. as a first time mom, I wasnt real familiar with the whole process, and its helped me I think were are going to get a grinder for cereals, and the beabe babycook (Beaba Babycook's Babyfood Maker: Create Healthy Meals for Baby Using this Steamer, Blender, Warmer and Defroster, All-In-One.) for me to prepare and freeze her food...we wont be really starting food till 6months (exclusivly breastfeeding till then unless she isnt thriving on it alone as she is now) but may play with cereal for practice here and there between now and then

Last edited by ** Tay **; February 24th, 2010 at 12:32 PM.
February 23rd, 2010, 02:31 PM
*Hayley*
Le Petit Appetite is a GREAT book with more than just recipes if you're interested in making your own baby food.
February 23rd, 2010, 06:38 PM
jesicaRN
I am glad you posted this Tay!!! Wanted to know if you or anyone has used the baby food maker you posted...or any baby food maker for that fact and what they think about them. I am thinking about getting one, but dont wanna jump in and get one and regret it later. I really like Baeba one from what I have read. Any suggestions? Is it worth making your own baby food???
February 24th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love that site too! I have been using the Baeba and really like it - its SUPER easy and worth the price for me because it cuts preperation time in half. So far, I've made apples and sweet potatos. The only "con" is that you can't make huge quantities for freezing...it only makes about 2 cups.

I feel better knowing Reagan is getting fresh foods...but I read somewhere that you should always buy organic when making baby food...otherwise the fruits, etc. have pesticides and other types of chemicals on the skin, which is not good for babies.

DH and I also eat pretty healthy and joined a farm co-op this summer, so will be getting fresh veggies every week. We'll just puree them for Reagan and she'll be eating what we eat.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
February 24th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Thanks Hayley, ive heard good things about that one.... I think Im gonna get this one too - Amazon.com: Top 100 Baby Purees: 100 Quick and Easy Meals for a Healthy and Happy Baby (9780743289573): Annabel Karmel: Books

Thanks Christine! I was hoping for feedback on the baeba.... I do want to freeze some, but since I stay home, its not a huge deal that I cant do big portions.... So it is pretty user friendly? We have a co-op too that I LOVE to buy produce from and a farmers market right up the road with a huge selection of organics. I will buy all the grains for cereal at the co op I think... I just need to find a good grinder

February 24th, 2010, 02:31 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is a great website that I used with Hugo.
Wholesome Homemade Baby Food Recipes, Make your baby healthy homemade baby food with our easy baby food recipes, solid food tips, baby nutrition & more!

February 24th, 2010, 03:07 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks for the site

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 25th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tay - yes, it is very user-friendly. Once you figure it out once, its a cinch. Basically, you cube the food, pour in the water (they give you a guide so you know how much water to use), lock the bowl down and turn to steam. Steaming takes about 10 minutes and when the light goes off, you know its done.

Then, drain the water (I put aside and use some for the puree), put the food back and lock the bowl. Turn the switch the other way and it purees in about a minute.

There are tons of reviews on Williams Sonoma's website if you want to read what other people say about it! I'm all about quick and easy, so it was worth the price to me.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
February 25th, 2010, 09:07 AM
THanks Christine... Helped me to decide to get it... I think I will for sure now

That is a great site.... its the same one I linked, but a different part of it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search