Depressed

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2010, 10:14 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies. Hope you don't mind me venting a bit. I've been getting depressed lately. I have to go back to work on Friday. I am so upset. I don't want to be away from my son. The only thing keeping me from totally losing it is that my mom is going to watch him 4 days and my m-i-l 1 day. My son absolutely adores my mom. Then I think about where I work. I don't want to be there and have not missed work one bit. I know I shouldn't be complaining, but when you work in a city where there is always trash on the floor and tagging (graffiti) on every other corner, you really don't want to be there. On the plus side, at least I have a job with good pay and good benefits.***************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *****************I'm also upset over the fact that I may never have another baby. Not only do I want Billy to have a sibling, but I also loved being pregnant. I loved every moment of it. I even loved my doctor's appointments and delivering my son. It saddens me that I won't have that feeling again. I went into my marriage fully aware that my DH wanted only 1 child. I am hoping he will change is mind, but having a baby around has really taken a toll on him. DH doesn't just come home from work and sit there. He picks up the slack around the house. He has never complained, but he is exhausted. Also, I mentioned that DH has nerve damage and lives in constant pain. It's a lot for a person to deal with. Plus, he adores his son so much that he is happy having just him. Hopefully that love for his son will lead to him wanting to give him a sibling, but I'm not holding out much hope. We'll see how he feels in a year because now is not the time to bring it up.*********************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************* I hate how I look right now. I'm still 20 lbs heavier than before my pregnancy. I have no confidence in how I look. I've been getting hormonal breakouts too. Good news is that my ob/gyn refilled my Spironolactone prescription. Helps with breakouts and excessive hair growth (get it with taking the pill. Plus I lose weight while on it.*********************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** I have more to add, such as the cleaning lady running over the cord to my Angelcare sensor pad. Then there was last night when the replacement pad arrived and was for the wrong model. Not that that mattered though since the cord was completely severed. Any way, thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited by *Jennifer*; February 24th, 2010 at 10:17 AM.
February 24th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks Vesta.

DH tried to repair the one that the cleaning lady vacuumed over and was unsuccessful DH is very good at fixing and building things. I'll just have to return it and have them send me a new one.
February 24th, 2010, 11:47 AM
*Hayley*
February 24th, 2010, 04:30 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

February 24th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Super Mommy
(((Hugs))), it is tough going back to work. I've been going to the office 2 -3 days a week but I resume back to 5 days a week next week and I'm not kooking forward to it. Like the other lady said, it does get easier.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that hubby changes his mind...you never know.

I hope you are a feeling a little better.
February 24th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks ladies. I can always count on this PR for hugs and words of encouragement.
February 25th, 2010, 05:41 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I hope things get better for you. Returning to work is hard but I promise it gets easier.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 25th, 2010, 10:13 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're having a rough time. It's not possible for you to stay home? I really wish being a SAHM was considered a "job".
I'd be ticked about the cord as well, I hope they replace it easily for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search