Anyone with kids a year apart?***Update***

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Super Mommy
I was just wondering if any of you ladies have kids a year apart. If you do:

1. Was it planned
2. How many months was your baby when you got pregnant
3. Did you feel ashamed if it was not planned

Thanks

***Update***
Sorry for not updating sooner but been crazy busy. AF actually showed up on Monday so bitter/sweet I guess. I was begining to accept possibility of being pregnant and I was going to start trying next month anyways. I just hope when I actually start AF stays away. Thanks ladies.

Last edited by faith2006; March 5th, 2010 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Update
February 26th, 2010, 03:57 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Breana and Xander are 26 months apart so I am no help

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 26th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Addison is our first ...
but we plan to start "trying" for #2 as early as July of this year.

I will be 41 ... gotta hurry before my egss turn to dust !

February 27th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Veteran
We just have the one, but are starting to TTC next week - which will put them 13 months apart. I only want two children and want to have them close together so they can enjoy the same things at the same time.

February 27th, 2010, 11:27 AM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
My boys are 18 months apart.. we werent exactly trying but I am not ashamed about it.. Jeffrey was 9months when I got pregnant.

February 27th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Super Mommy
Well I don't know if I am but I have the funny feeling I might, different from the paranoia feeling I get every month. Like Blond6ft and Exicted4Oct, I was planning on trying for no. 2 soon but I wanted to wait until LO was at least 6 months that way they'll be at least 18 months apart. Anything sooner just seems too soon, I don't know what'll do. I'll be worried about work, what people will say, etc. I'm in my late 30s too so I was going to def try this year.

Mommy2Boys - Could you please paste the link to the closely spaced children board, I can't find it.

If I am, glad to know there are other people actually planning on trying soon.

Thanks ladies
February 27th, 2010, 02:31 PM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
Oh KUP I'm curious to know!

And I wouldn't worry too much about what people say as long as you have the means to support and care for another child its no ones business. I dont blame you for wanting another so soon.

February 27th, 2010, 05:15 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're going to try again in May. I do feel a little silly for wanting them so close together, but I think it'd be so cool to have a sibling so close for his sake.

February 27th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My first 2 are 19 1/2 months apart, so a little more than a year but still thats pretty close.

No, not planned AT ALL! Actually, none of my kids have been planned, all surprises but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Alyssa was 10 months old when I got pregnant with Kaden

No, I wasn't ashamed at all, I was very happy and excited and so was DH once he got over the initial shock lol...he went through the "stunned" phase with all 3 kids, so when I got preggo with Cole, I knew what to expect from him when I told him, he has never been excited right at first, just because we were never trying so it was always a shock at first...
February 27th, 2010, 08:08 PM
*Hayley*
My boys are 20 months apart, but the 2nd pregnancy was planned. My first wasn't and I was ashamed and disappointed in myself but it turned out great. Sometimes the things we least expect turn out beautifully! If you are pregnant, I think you'll do just fine.
March 1st, 2010, 08:19 AM
Super Mommy
Mommy2boys - Thanks for the link. You are right, I found the board very helpful. I haven't posted questions yet but I've seen posts that address my worries and concerns.

Thanks ladies - If I am I should know in about a week, too scared to test now. My cycle has been 24 days and today is 25, been getting preg nausea since last week, period feels like it's going to start but nothing yet....it could be that I'm going back to normal cycle of 26-27 days. Will keep you updated.

Romaine - Wow Twins!!! Congratulations!!! Will you be joining the Closely Spaced Children board? Once I find out and it's + I guess I'll be on 3 boards, Nov DDC, CSC and this board.

Thanks
March 1st, 2010, 08:25 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Genevieve is my first but DH and I want to try again in June of NEXT year, if everything goes according to plan (which i know is silly to think it will ) We will only try again if I have a job after I grad from Massage Therapy school next April, and if DH knows whats going on with the job he's at now and he stays there. We want Genevieve and the next to be close in age and she'll be like 2 and a half if we get prego first time in June. (hahaha first time for me? I should probably start trying now because it'll probably take another 14 months! Genevieve was planned, but yeah im not much help either just wanted to share, and i agree with what disturbedangel said, if you have the means to support both of them its no ones business

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
March 1st, 2010, 05:25 PM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
My two oldest are 11 months apart. They are just like twins basically. They eat together, pee together, poop together (thank goodness for 2 bathrooms). KJ was not planned, but Owen was. I wanted to get pregnant right away. But, i really regret not having William right after Owen.

Thanks to cavewoman

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search