boobs, poop and cereal....

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2010, 07:24 AM
CriscoNinja
Well, thought I'd throw a good 'ole update out there.

On the boobs front:

My 9 year old daughter wants to know when her "buttons" will get big and make milk!

Izzy is still nursing well, but it seems she's not spending as much time on the boob. I wouldn't normally give it two thoughts because she is gaining weight just fine BUT her poop is GREEN! I mean like green green not even a hint of yellow. So I think it's probably a hind milk issue, but again she's gaining fine so I'll just start block nursing and see if that helps. She's up 2 times a night to nurse still but she does go right back to sleep.

Poop:

Well, as you just read Izzy's is green. But my 10 yr old who has been having issues since he was 1 has been going for a lot of testing lately. Here's a quick rundown for those who haven't caught my random posts... (i'm quite random)
  • Jarrod has had not quite normal poo his entire life. At first we thought it was due to food issues but after spending 6 years on a restricted diet, and now 1 year on a unrestricted diet his poos are still the same ole same ole.
  • Jarrod's doctor ran some blood tests and noticed that his pancreatic enzyme amylase is 4 times normal in his blood and 8.5 times normal in his urine. His lipase is normal which is what was odd. If both were elevated it would point to pancreatitis. So onto a whole slew of tests.
  • His cystic fibrosis test was normal. His poo sample tests were all normal. His abdominal ultrasound was normal.
  • So, off to a Peds GI who ordered an abdominal CT scan w/contrast. Jarrod got to drink a big old barium shake (yummy) and then get in IV with contrast dye. He was very brave and was in the CT by himself. I was SO PROUD of him. The results are that his pancreas is completely normal. However, there is thickening of his intestinal walls through his duodenum and jejunum. The GI doesn't like that.
  • So, off for an endoscopy on March 4th to look and do biopsies. The possibilities are many, some that he mentioned: Blockage, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Chron's), and lymphoma . I'll take the IBD over cancer thank you very much. I've done a conservative amount of googling (don't want to freak myself out) and the chance of lymphoma is extremely rare, so that's how I'm sleeping at night.
  • The funness of the endoscopy is only heightened by the fact that my ex-husband will be there. I may just need bail money.
on the Cereal!:

Well due to Izzy's whole poop/not nursing very long yet wanting to nurse all the time I caved and decided to try cereal mixed with bm. She loved it! She was so happy through the whole thing and was a bundle of joy after and she actually DIDN'T urp afterwards. She urps after every, and I mean EVERY nursing session. Here's a pic:

If you've made it this far through the post, thank you!!
March 1st, 2010, 08:01 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awh to the cereal pix (:
i hope it come backs not lymphoma. what a crazy 10 years youve had with jarrod

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
March 1st, 2010, 08:40 AM
*Hayley*
Izzy is such a pretty, pretty girl . I hope the endoscopy shows that it's IBD and not lymphoma. It seems that if it were lymphoma there would be other signs of cancer KWIM? And I had to LOL @ your daughter's question about her buttons
March 1st, 2010, 09:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
love the pic

March 1st, 2010, 09:40 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
love the cereal pictures.

Xander's poop is brown and not yellow and he is EBF.

good Luck with your son. I hope everything comes back ok

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 1st, 2010, 01:31 PM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope everything turns out great with your son. Try not to hurt your ex....in front of your son - LOL.

Your daughters question was adorable!! It's funny how they connect things. YAY for cereal! I love the cereal all over her face - is that cereal over her eye too? LOL
March 1st, 2010, 02:24 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love the pics.

Good luck with the endoscopy. I'm sure between us all we could get bail money for you.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

March 2nd, 2010, 05:17 AM
CriscoNinja
Thanks ladies!! I'm thinking it's not lymphoma, you'd think like Hayley said he'd have other symptoms like elevated white cells or whatever...

And yep Gina, that's cereal on her eye.

And thanks for the bail money .... muhahahaha

I'll update Thursday about the endoscopy and the need for bail money.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search