RSV babies

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2010, 05:57 AM
Veteran
We took Kadence to the ER last night and they said she has RSV. Any advice on how to make her comfortable? She's miserable!
March 2nd, 2010, 06:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
my oldest had RSV when she was 2 months old. One be prepared it will take a while for her to get 100% better. To help with her breathing we would put Athena On the couch with a pillow to prop her up. Because she wheezed so much my dh and I would sleep on the floor right under her so we could hear her breathing.Do your best to keep her nose clear of any mucus so that she doesn't have anymore issues breathing. The good news is is that once a baby is over 2 months old its more a severe cold and she will get better quicker without hospitalization. Oh and Tylenol to keep her fever down if she still have one. It took Athena a month to start eating normally again and about a month and half before she started to breathe normal. Unfortunately there isn't much more you can do since its a virus. It must run its course. Hope this helps.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

March 2nd, 2010, 08:09 AM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've been dealing with RSV for 7 weeks now and I haven't found much that really helped with the symptoms. We've been lucky in the fact that Parker has been happy throughout the whole ordeal.
They gave us advice to prop him up but it never made much of a difference. He liked having his chest on my shoulder and getting pat on the back to help break up all that crap floating around.

I guess the one thing that really helped (because none of the nebulizer treatments, inhalers, or anything else did) was instead of a bath he would take a hot shower with one of us. Kind of like a humidifier effect

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

March 2nd, 2010, 08:23 AM
*Hayley*
Both my kids have had it this winter. Abe is still rattling a little bit, but it;s like 99% better now. Get a humidifier (you can get them cheap at Target $15) and/or take hot showers. Keep her elevated when she sleeps. We also did breathing treatments with both boys that did nothing; I actually think they made Abe worse if that's possible. GL, it's not easy or fun
March 2nd, 2010, 08:39 AM
.kristen.'s Avatar Raising Little Marines
Send a message via AIM to .kristen. Send a message via Yahoo to .kristen.
humidifiers work great! Owen had it and was hospitalized without a diagnosis for 2 weeks. But he was also 2 months old and that was 4 years ago. William because of prematurity is getting a shot for it, but the dr said that if he had RSV it wouldn't surprise him yesterday, but luckily it was just a virus.

Thanks to cavewoman

March 2nd, 2010, 09:38 AM
Veteran
Thanks girls!! I called her ped this morning and talked to a nurse. I told her the breathing treatments didn't seem to help so she is going to talk to the dr., but said I should stop doing them. I'm going to try the running a hot shower thing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search