Levi is (and pics!)

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2010, 11:51 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
rolling all around now too! Oh my.... he just did it this second when I turned away... very stealthy. It's back to belly all the time. I just got him out from his nap and he was on his belly with his arm wedged in between the rails and the mattress . Is there anything I can do about him rolling in his crib? I don't want him to get hurt! I'm told all the time that he's so active, so I know we are going to have to take any precautions possible.

He's also trying to crawl. He yells at his hands as if he's saying "take me somewhere!"

We're going to completely baby proof this week. Any top of the stairs gate suggestions would be appreciated. Actually any baby proofing tips in general from BTDT moms would be appreciated. Thanks!

And some pics from yesterday and today!

Spinning and kicking the side in his crib... oh boy

March 2nd, 2010, 12:21 PM
Mama2EZ's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh I love the curly mohawk. I don't have any advice about the crib. That is the reason I haven't put up the crib yet. Ezra moves up to any surface he can shove his face against. Last night I got up to go to the bathroom and when I came back he had his head pressed up against DH's back. I am trying to figure out a way to sidecar another bed or toddler bed against ours. I have no idea. That saga is for another thread entirely.
Ezra Ray 7lb. 7oz. born at 4:20

March 2nd, 2010, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Elise did that for awhile so I used a baby positioner for a few weeks untill she stopped rolling in her crib

March 2nd, 2010, 03:28 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yeah for rolling.

He is so handsome I love his hair you should enter it into the contest!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 2nd, 2010, 09:26 PM
*Hayley*
adoooooooraaaaable! both my boys had hair that grew heavily in the middle like that, but Abe's was not as full as Levi's so I cut it and now he looks like Charlie Brown lol. not sure what to suggest about the crib unless you can swaddle him...
March 3rd, 2010, 07:38 AM
jesicaRN
I agree with mommy2boys...
Jared was a mover and a shaker...crawling at 4 months walking at 81/2--needless to say we were ever so busy with him!!! we took him out of his crib at 11 months because he would use his toes and money up the bars of the crib..I walked in and he was inches away from toppling over the rail!!!!

Just baby proof, baby proof, baby proof and when you think you are done...baby proof. Like she said get on all 4's and really look around...like cords on the ground, look at different latches and locks--some of the easy peasy ones Jared was able to open!!! We established a play area free from EVERYTHING and we did keep one cabinet open he could get into (kept tupperware in it) and it seemed to keep the curiosity at bay with rest of kitchen!!! the outlet plugs he was able to get off so we did the ones solid flat front then you move to access plug. I can't think of it all, but when/if I do I will post ideas. he crawled and monkied on top of coffee table...so we moved it after a bump on the head and eye!!!

as for rolling in crib...ugh! I feel your pain!! positioners I found to be just as much as a worry with Jared because he was sooo active and good at moving around he would tangle up in the piece between the wedges!!! so we took off bumper and out came positioner...no blankets just warm sleepers and night checks. we figured broken arm and good breathing was best for him.
March 3rd, 2010, 08:15 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks! I know I have my work cut out. Is there such a thing as "too active"? Just the looks people give me. Because of his size and movement people usually think he's 8 months old. When I say he's 5 (or 4 previously) they give me that "good luck. I feel sorry for you" look.

Good points, too. I would rather have him hurt his arm than suffocate. I think he'd have a field day with an infant positioner.

He was in his sleep sack last night with jammies on under. He managed to wedge a foot out of his pajamas and unsnap the whole thing by kicking. SO said just his arms were in his outfit . I always thought pajamas with zippers were annoying, but now I understand their beauty!

March 3rd, 2010, 08:27 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh and I LOVE zipper sleepers! When Emily got to the stage where they take their jammies and diapers off, we cut feet off and turned them backawards! Worked like a charm!

For the plugs, don't get the things that plug into them. Useless! Emily got those off at 8 months. Just get the ones that replaces the whole cover and slides to the side to put a plug in.

We never used cupboard locks, just made sure nother was low enough that would hurt them.

Baby gates, we just use one for the livingroom. Bedroom dorrs are shut, so no need for a stair gate. Though I know Target sells a nice one. They had it at the vacation house we stayed in and it worked well.

For rolling in bed, as long as he can roll and lift his head don't worry about him sleeping on his belly. We've all passed that critical SIDS milestone, thank goodness!
I always used the bumper in the bed, never had problems. Again, if they can move their heads, shouldn't be anything to worry about. I just didn't put any blankets in there for quite awhile.

Anchor dressers, bookcases, etc.. Make sure toy boxes have lock hinges or no hinges at all.

Doorknob covers to any doorway with stairs!!!
A latch hook at the top of your doors, because they can and will unlock the doorknob locks. Houdini's I tell you!! lol

March 3rd, 2010, 01:13 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's so cute.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search