Not happy!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2010, 07:33 PM
jesicaRN
awe so not cool!!! aquafour, I think that is how you spell it...anyways...I love that lotion!!! It works so darn good for us. I have eczema and so does my son and it is so hard to treat but this stuff works wonders!!!! We used aveeno on my daughter when she was a baby--used the oatmeal bath I think (again 9 years ago--wee foggy on it) because of her dry patches!! But my son and I have it so bad.

But on the other note sorry for this miserable lady wrecking your day. try not to let it get to you.
March 3rd, 2010, 07:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I use Eucerin on Elise and it works really well and if you do get a scrip from your doc my guess they will give you a low dose of steriod cream( I had to use it on Elise)
And i do think that lady was out of line

March 3rd, 2010, 08:10 PM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's uncalled for on the lady's part.

We've been using Cetaphil for Danica's Eczema/dry spots and it has been working wonders!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

March 3rd, 2010, 08:27 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Vents are always good! Sometimes people need to watch what they're saying. Stuff like that isn't ever right to say, but at a daycare in particular. You wouldn't want the wrong person hearing that.

March 3rd, 2010, 10:36 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Some people are seriously stupid.

When Ben gets a super dry patch I have been using Aveeno Creme for Eczema. Comes in a medium size tube and a little bit goes a long way. Stuff is awesome! Hope her little face gets better soon.
March 3rd, 2010, 11:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I think that lady is a witch Erica, don't listen to her, in fact, I would say something to her, maybe make a comment on how the wrinkles on her face look like bee stings...sorry, I'm so mean! but seriously, what she is doing is wrong and she needs to be repremanded for talking out of turn by a director or someone who handles these types of matters.

I use Burt's Bees Baby Lotion and it works like a charm! It soaks into the skin instead of sitting on top of it, it makes skin feel so soft and supple, takes away the redness and it smells good too! If the other stuff doesn't work I would highly recommend trying this stuff, it works!
March 4th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylas_Mommy View Post
did the steriod cream work well?

maybe i shouldve tried the eucerine before i called the dr. but she said at ehr 4 month to call back if it gets worse. and its pretty bad now

o yea..the lady said "it looks like she has welts on her face" umm excuse me! WELTS?!?!?! how on earth does dry skin look like welts????

Hi..

I've battle a severe case of eczema with A.J for a month now.. The Demeratologists are the ones taking care of his problem, not the peds.. My advice is use a steroid cream as a last resort.. I'd save your money and not buy Eucerin, but either by a jar of Cetaphil or Vanicream.. Or better yet, at night when you put her down to sleep.. Coat her dry areas with Patrolem Jelly.. Just avoid the eyes and the mouth.. Patrolem Jelly is what's in Aquaphor but twice as strong.. Compare the labels.

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; March 4th, 2010 at 09:37 PM.
March 4th, 2010, 05:42 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Oh and I can understand why your upset.. Did you know the daycare called Infection Control on my son? It was because he had a really bad case of cradle cap and it was oozing clear yellow liquid for almost a month.. I had to get a note from the doctor saying it was not contagious.. What got me upset was why not talk to me about it.? Oh well.. Oh and it was the Dermatologists that was able to fix my sons poor head.. This was one of the reasons why I went to a Dermatologist because I wasn't getting any answers from the Pediatrician..

March 4th, 2010, 08:21 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I have a port wine stain birthmark under my left eye. My entire life people have asked me if it's a black eye. I even had a doctor ask my mother to leave the room and ask me if I was abused when I was a kid. It used to really bug me but now I just see it as people expressing their concern for me. The only ones that bug me now are the people who don't let it drop after I explain that it's a birthmark. I actually had one lady give me a card to a battered womens shelter "for when I stopped lying to myself and was ready to get help".

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
March 4th, 2010, 08:51 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I think that even that woman though was trying to do something good for me. In her own misguided way. Is it possible that the woman in your daycare might think that there really is abuse going on? I would be furious if someone suspected my baby was being abused and kept quiet. Even if it turned out that there was nothing going on.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
March 4th, 2010, 08:55 AM
*Hayley*
you should tell her to not be so concerned with you daughter and that you're taking care of it and that she should stop making abuse accusations at work, especially when you work at a DAYCARE!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search