When your out and about for the day

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2010, 09:53 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How do you deal with changing your babies nappy/diaper if there are no changing room facilities?

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

March 28th, 2010, 10:06 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Ugh I actually had to deal with this today and was so annoyed. I went to a baby shower at a restaurant that had banquet rooms. I brought Jillian with me and needed to change her diaper. I went into the bathroom and they had no changing table.

They had a chair in front of this skinny counter and mirror where women could fix their makeup. The counter wasn't really safe enough to change her on so I had to sit in the chair and change her on my lap. Luckily, it was just a pee diaper.

Other times I've gone out to the car or if there is someone where safe and clean enough I'll lay a blanket down and do it on the floor or something.

EWWW one time I went into a bathroom and a lady was changing her toddler on the bathroom floor. Nothing for him to lay on or anything. I wanted to snatch him and give the kid a shower.

March 28th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
out to the car ...

March 28th, 2010, 10:28 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We change in the car or even just in the pram if the capsule isn't in it and we are a fair distance from the car. Huggies make some really great disposable change mats that I totally love for such an occasion, coz babies are all firm believers in Murphey's Law and will poop everywhere while you are out.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

March 29th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I usually do it in the car if we need too. Unless it's somewhere clean enough for the floor like PP. Last week we were at my school (I'm a teacher) for a family night and I had to change his diaper. Just did it on a blanket in my classroom.
March 29th, 2010, 05:07 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In the van, I just put the back up and lay the seats flat so I have a nice flat surface and change her there.

March 29th, 2010, 05:39 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I would have changed her in the yesterday except that it was cold and raining.

It really annoys me when places don't have a changing table.

March 29th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My diaper bag came with a changing pad - so we'll put it down anywhere (bench, floor, etc.) thats discrete - or in the car.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
March 29th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
the bk I go to (with a play scape) doesnt have a changing table, I change her on the floor on a changing mat in the play scape area, since its nothing but parents and kids, so far I have only gotten sympathy since there isnt a changing table

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 29th, 2010, 07:13 AM
jesicaRN
In the car or on my lap...pretty much anywhere if there is no changing table--which drives me nuts!!! Why in the heck would there not be a changing table?? I think there needs to be one in (almost) every public bathroom...babies are everywhere!!!!
March 29th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It really annoys me when "family" places don't have them. I mean Burger King with a play area, but not a changing area? HELLO??? Ours is just like that, a play area and no changing area.
March 29th, 2010, 08:12 AM
jesicaRN
ugh...makes you wanna scream!!! especially with poopy diapers!!!! hello!!!! lol
March 29th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Jennifer0911's Avatar Mommy of 2 Adorable Girls
Send a message via Yahoo to Jennifer0911
I totally agree! There needs to be one in EVERY bathroom! I HATE it! It annoys me soo much! But my diaper bag came with a changing pad. So, I do it on the floor! Which I TOTALLY hate! But its gotta come off. I don't think I'm talented enough to do it on my lap! lol... MIL is though!

Check Out My Blog!!

3-13 @ 14 weeks
March 29th, 2010, 08:52 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I change him in the car if there isn't a changing table around

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 29th, 2010, 09:01 AM
jesicaRN
bahahaha....changing on the lap...practice makes perfect!!! jk jk!!!
March 29th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Super Mommy
LaSean and I just went to dinner at a restaurant with a bunch of girl friends of mine on Saturday, and they didn't have a changing table. I went into the handicap stall, put his thick blanket down on the floor, and changed him there. Other times when I didn't have a changing pad or a thick blanket, I've put his light blanket down on the counter between the sinks and done it there. I've never had to go out to the car to do it.
March 29th, 2010, 12:35 PM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
i've changed her in the van before or in her stroller. I've only actually had this happen twice where there were no changing tables. Once was at a Wendy's and the other was at a park.

March 29th, 2010, 12:36 PM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Knock on wood, I haven't had to deal with that...YET. I know now that I've said it, tomorrow it will happen! LOL But I always have her changing mat & a blanket in her diaper bag, so I guess I would just do it on the floor if I absolutely had to.
March 29th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I use the changing pad so I can lay her where ever, shoot on a plane DH and I layed her down on our trays and changed her( she was much smaller then I don't think that would work anymore)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search