Enfamil Nutramigen

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Do you fed this to your little one?

We just started this on A.J last week and boy has he been a poop machine.. Is this normal? or Did your LO take a while to get use to it. Did it also slow your LO's weight gain. I just feel like A.J isn't gaining like he use too, before he was hospitalized.. I've also read online that Insurance will pay for this since it's insanely expensive.. I wonder if this is true..

We switched to this because A.J's eczema and cradle cap/eczema is still bad.. I'm at my wits end with this..

March 30th, 2010, 08:17 AM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, Bella is on it. Has been for a long time now. Her poop has always been like pea soup on it - gross, but since she has been eating more and more cereal and food, it has firmed up a bit. Still looseish (like that's a word), but it's better. It took a few days for her to adjust to it. Yes, it is crazy expensive. I never looked into if my insurance would pay for it, but I buy it at BRU and joined their rewards club, so I am always getting coupons for formula - "spend $50 on formula and get a $10 gift card" which is great since one case is about $55. Also, if you get their credit card and buy the formula on that all the time, you also get coupons and rewards through the credit card. Between all the rewards you get and coupons they send, it really helps with the cost of the formula. But, regardless of how expensive it is, it's totally worth it in my opinion. She is so much happier on it! Good luck!

Oh, sorry, and no, it did not slow her weight gain. She always gained perfectly on it. She's probably almost 17 pounds now, if not more.
March 30th, 2010, 08:19 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Billy has been on this since almost day 1. Poops are runnier and stinkier on it. As for weight gain, I'm not sure. Billy got used to it pretty quick, but the pooping consistency and smell won't change much. As for the insurance paying for it, it depends on why he is on it. If it's for a medical reason, then it should be covered. It's not covered for me because Billy was not put on it for a true medical reason. We started him on it because he seemed to be having trouble with excessive trapped gas. When we found out he had a hernia, we were told to stay on it in order to make pooping easier. We have kept him on it because he's used to it. BTW, I didn't know AJ was in the hospital. Poor guy. I hope he's okay
March 30th, 2010, 08:43 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I breast feed so I am no help.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 30th, 2010, 12:10 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Emily was put on Alementum in the hospital and our insurance wouldn't cover it. So it depends on your insurance and why they are on it.

March 30th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy COw Batman ... I need to find out if the insurance will cover this !! $33 a can for the powder.

But we have seen a GREAT improvement ... Addison hardly ever spits up anymore, and if she does it is just a small amount.

Her poops are also the lovely split pea soup color and consistancy ! However since we have been trying out foods ... it has been changing up a bit.

She isn't nearly as uncomfortable as before ...
We started with the Premium Lipil, then the Gentlease, then the A.R. and the Doctor finally said ... Nutramigen. We have been on this for just about 3 weeks now.

Calling the DR in the AM to find out about the insurance thing !!

March 30th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Thank you for all of your wonderful responses..

I did call the insurance company and they don't cover it.. But that's okay.. If this helps my little man with his eczema, I'm all for it.. And thanks Gina for the BRU advice.. If this formula works for us, we will buy in bulk.. Oh, and his #2 at first looked was a light tan color.. Then today it started to look like Split Pea soup.. But he's not going as much as he use too.. It must be his body getting use to it..

We've only been on this formula for 4 days.. So far, there is no improvement.. The doctor did tell us to give it 3 weeks.. I'm praying this works.. **crosses fingers**

March 30th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jennifer* View Post
BTW, I didn't know AJ was in the hospital. Poor guy. I hope he's okay

A.J was hospitalized with bronchiolitis 2 weeks ago.. He just had a bad cold that went into his lungs.. He was admitted for 5 days because he needed oxygen.. It was horrible.. His first night in the hospital his lungs almost collapsed and his heart was dangerously close to stopping due to him having a high heart rate, 212-220 (even growing babies in the womb don't have that high of a heart rate ).. Then add on a temp of 105.. Luckily he had a great team of nurses and respiratory therapist taking care of him. He tested negative for RSV and Influenza.. He also had a hard time eating.. He would only eat 2 oz's a day.. Even when he was discharged from the hospital he was only eating 4 oz's a day.. They did say that if a baby has to struggle to breath, they won't eat.. A.J lost his appetite a few days before he was admitted, I wish I knew then that was a sign.. Luckily Jenny (Fishysticks) gave me great advice on how to get A.J to eat..Now he's back to normal..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; March 30th, 2010 at 10:41 PM.
March 31st, 2010, 09:49 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How terrifying that must have been. I am so glad he is okay. Glad you got some good advice from Jenny to help you. Sounds like it helped.

BTW - Just wait until you start solids and have him on Nutramigen. PEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUU!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search