hi :-)

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2010, 09:46 PM
just wanted to say hello

i've been lurking since i was pregnant...

my son, Liam , is 5 months old. He was recently diagonised with RSV. we have been trying to get through it. anyways, just wanted to know how other parents got through the rsv. its scares the crap outta me. havent had much sleep.
April 4th, 2010, 09:47 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 4th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Hello.. I heard RSV is different in each child.. Having RSV scares the crud out of me.

My son A.J had Bronchiolitis (which a big symptom of RSV, but my son tested negative for RSV, he also tested negative to H1N1 and Influenza).. My son was hospitalized for 5 days because he need oxygen, his 02 stats was 82 before oxygen.. His first night in the hospital was the scariest.. He had a heart rate of 212-220 (not even babies in the womb have heart rates this high), he had really bad retraction (difficulty breathing with oxygen) even the respiratory therapists (there was 2) have never seen that before.. He also had 105 temp.. He was dangerously close to his lungs failing and his heart stopping.. scary.. After he that night he slowly improved..

After a few days at home, he quickly recovered.. But we did need to force him to eat.. A few days before he was hospitalized he would only eat maybe 4 oz's a day.. When he was in the hospital he would only eat 2 oz's a day.. When we got home it took us about a week to get him to eat normally again.. The nurses did tell me that babies won't eat if they have a hard time breathing, so if you see this, take him to the doctors.. Do it every day if you notice it getting worse..

Did the doctor tell you what to watch out for? If you see retraction, take him to the Pediatrician ASAP.. I didn't go through the ER, I didn't want to pay $600 for the visit.. I went to the Pediatrician, then was sent to the hospital and I registered and I was up in the Peds unit in 5 minutes.. When I noticed my son was taking a turn for the worse, I woke him up from his nap and he was in coma like state.. His eyes were half way open.. He didn't have any retraction but I can hear a difference in his breathing.. It was around 7 pm that night he started the retraction..

so.. this is why RSV scares me..

What's crazy is he had his 4 month check up on a Tuesday and he just had a minor cold.. The next 2 days he had 102 temp, doctors just said give him tylenol.. On Thursday I took him to the doctors again, the doctor noticed a little bit of crackling in his lungs, then on Friday morning he was a happy baby with a cough, then late that afternoon it all went down hill.. It hit that fast..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; April 4th, 2010 at 11:11 PM.
April 5th, 2010, 05:07 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Glad you decided to post!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 5th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome - we are happy to have you! I haven't had any experience with RSV, but sorry Liam isn't feeling well and you haven't been sleeping - I hope it gets better soon and other mommies have more advice for you.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
April 5th, 2010, 06:06 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Hi! I don't really have any experience with RSV but I hope you son feels better soon. My son who is almost 3 just got out of the hospital for pneumonia so I know how scary it is to have a sick baby.

I agree with the above about the not eating. DS wasn't eating either only for him it isn't such a big deal since he's older.

April 5th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Welcome!

April 5th, 2010, 12:09 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
welcome is he still in the hospital?

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

April 5th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Welcome! I am sorry I dont know anything about RSV, but wanted to welcome you to the PR, please jump in and start posting! We wont bite!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 20th, 2010, 08:03 AM
thanks ladies!! We have had a crazy few weeks, and i havent been able to get back to this post. Liam is all better!! It took about 2 weeks to clear up completley...and lost of sleepless nights! We were doing breathing treatments at home every four hours, and had about 3 ER visits. But hes just about as happy as he can be now. Teething, his two front teeth are coming in at the same time...joy.

Thank you for all the "welcomes" and info! its much appericated!!
April 20th, 2010, 11:49 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I'm glad he's doing better.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 20th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I am glad he is doing better!

It's good to see you back! Please stick around!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search