No more swaddle and transitioned to her crib!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know I'm probably a little behind other mommies but...

We went cold turkey with no swaddle this past weekend and Reagan did great. Actually, she slept better without it! It takes a little longer getting her settled to go to sleep, but she didn't wake up even 1x and STTN from 9:00 - 6:30, ate and then back down to 9:30.

And... she's sleeping in her crib now. She would have slept fine in her crib months ago, but I was selfishly keeping her in my room so I could be closer to her. Last night was her first night sleeping the entire night in her crib - I felt like she was so far away - it was probably harder on me than her!

She's getting to be such a big girl - hahahaha - but what makes me even more sad is now that she's not waking up to eat or sleeping in our room, I don't get to snuggle or even hold her before work in the morning

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
April 5th, 2010, 07:07 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Awwww. That would make me sad too. I'm glad she's handling the transition well!

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 5th, 2010, 07:18 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure it was harder on you than her. I remember with Kayla, she was in her crib in her room at 2 weeks and she slept fantastic but I'd get up and just look at her a few times a night.

April 5th, 2010, 07:28 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad she did well. I know what you mean just means that they are growing up.

but it is a great milestone also.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 5th, 2010, 02:55 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad she did well with it.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 5th, 2010, 03:21 PM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
glad it went so well . We still swaddle. I keep thinking we should quit, but i'm afraid LOL! We tried to stop about a month ago, but she kept scratching her face or hitting herself in the face. We were waking up more than normal so we went back to swaddling. Right now she's waking up 1-2 times at night.

April 5th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
that is great she did so well

April 5th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
What a big girl! I gotta say I am a tad bit jealous, I keep putting off moving Bailey to her crib but I know its time

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 5th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're weaning off the swaddle. He has always loved being swaddled, but seems to do ok without. He has been sleeping all night for a while, but now he wakes himself up. Last night it was 2x but the other nights (we've done about 4) he's woke up once. I go in, turn on his music, and give him his paci. He calms right down. Right now I'm still wrapping him up from the chest down, more for warmth than anything. I know I love to be covered up and he seems to like it. too

Good to hear your little one did so well with it though. It is a little sad though...I got sad tonight seeing that we only have 10 more 2 diapers left LOL...
April 6th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies!

Wildflower- I was SO scared to b/c she's always loved it. We decided to try it on a Friday night. I also made sure it was a day she was exhausted so passed out and slept hard.

MommaDucks- We had been putting it off too, but since she's sleeping later than we go to work, we would wake her if she was sleeping in our room.

Sara_Ann- sounds like he's doing well weaning from the swaddle! Reagan kicks off her covers, so I ordered a sleep sack - we'll see how that works out.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
April 6th, 2010, 06:17 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Peyton still lvoes to be swaddled. Though I'm also still working on her sleeping through the night. She's in her crib until about 1am when she wakes up then I just stick her in bed with me....I'm just so tired it's easier (though probably not the best)....
April 6th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Miles' Mommy's Avatar Happy 1st time mom
Send a message via AIM to Miles' Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Miles' Mommy
I'm glad it went well. Sorry you are missing some of the extra cuddle time, but I kind of envy your full night of sleep.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search