UUUGH, What happened to my good sleeper???

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2010, 07:59 AM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lately Ty has been going to bed at 9-930... sleeping 4 hours, then up every two hours until 730????? I try to just give her her Bink and let her put herself back to sleep, but she wants to nurse.... However she only does for a few minutes ( except for one good feeding around 3)
.....Any suggestions??

Im exhausted.

April 6th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
not sure but I know I went through somerthing simliar a few weeks ago, we are almost back to normal but still having a few issues
I am sure in time it will work itself out

April 6th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We went through the same thing! Could she be teething and perhaps its bothering her enough just to wake her up a little? Or perhaps its a bit of sleep regression due to her learning a new skill? It passed after about a week or so...

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
April 6th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
same thing here! Bailey had been sleeping through the night from 6 weeks, 8-830 to 7-9 then about 3-4 weeks ago started sleeping 8-830-midnightish then up every two hours until 9ish. I hate it. I miss my sleep. I could use some advice as well, she only nurses for a couple minutes and goes back to sleep except one really good feeding around 5-6 am

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 6th, 2010, 10:32 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It could be teething or a growth spurt.

i am sure it will work out in the end.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 6th, 2010, 11:17 AM
my goodness I sure hope so! Good to hear Tys not the only one thats gone through this

April 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When Reagan was doing it - I just gave in and let her nurse back to sleep every time b/c it was the quickest and easiest way.... so I don't have any advice! I tried to have my husband go and "soothe" her back to sleep, but she would just get mad and start crying and then it was hard to calm her down. In total, it probably lasted about a week.

This is SOOOO silly to say - but now that she's STTN and I'm weaning, I miss those times during the night when she wanted her mommy

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
April 6th, 2010, 12:16 PM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This happened to me with Danica 2 weeks ago. She was waking every 1 or 2 hours and I had to rock her back to sleep every time. It lasted about 5 or 6 nights. It was exhausting.

Then...out popped a tooth and she's back to sleeping 10 hours straight.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

April 6th, 2010, 12:21 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
This is why I love cosleeping. I can sleep on my side and pop a boob in her mouth and she goes right back down.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 7th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy Cow ... are these kiddos talking to one another !
Addison started this a few days ago ...
Down to sleep around 8:30 - 9
Awake SCREAMING around midnight ... pop back in the paci
Back to sleep ...
Awake screaming around 2am ... braking down ... giving her a bottle
Back to sleep ...
Wakes up happy around 6:30am ... another bottle
If it is our day off ... she comes and snuggles with us until around 8:30 - 9am

She had been sleeping straight through the night and then all of a sudden ...
We are guessing growing spurt or maybe teething, since we are seeing alot more dooling and chewing (especially on my hand if I am holding her)

April 7th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Peytonsmomma
oh girl! i feel your pain except Peyton has always slept like a newborn ALWAYS up every other hour no matter what i do
April 7th, 2010, 09:51 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
this happened to me for a while, still dont know why, but she returned back to sleeping normal again and so will your little one

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

April 7th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Well, guess the conclusion is she will get over it... seems most of you guys have gone through or are currently. Either way, it isnt fun. Last night wasnt QUITE as bad.... Asleep at 10, up at 2 for a good nursing session, up at 4 for binky and 730 for the day and another feeding

ThatGirl,
We started off co-sleeping and it was nice... now she sleeps in a bassinett right by the bed... Once she wakes up she comes to bed with us for the rest of the night Co-sleeping does make it easy, esp with nursing

Last edited by ** Tay **; April 7th, 2010 at 09:55 AM.
April 8th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can sympathize. Claire has NEVER slept through the night. The best she's ever done was a 2 week period back in Jan. where she only woke twice between 8pm and 7 am.

She now wakes AT LEAST 4 times a night, and that's before we bring her in to bed with us somewhere between 3 and 5 am. I am so beyond exhausted, it is not funny.
April 9th, 2010, 07:34 PM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
for the past few nights, Damian refuses to sleep in his crib... he gets a bottle to sleep, then i take him up and put him in his crib he will last about an hour, then he screams, so i go in pick him up he quiets down back to sleep.. as soon as his head hits the mattress he screams bloody murder... pick him up, repeat.... what gives?? I really do not want to co-sleep it makes it really hard when DH is home on the weekends from work. but it seems like lately thats the only way he will peacefully sleep... right now hes sleeping on the couch!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search