Teething!!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my! We're teething for sure now. He was a little before, but wasn't too fussy about it. Now, he's fussy. Didn't sleep well at all last night and he's been sleeping through for a while. We stopped swaddling last week and he woke up once a night when we did that. I'd just go in, turn on his music, give him a paci and rub his belly (change diaper if needed) and he was out again. Last night he woke up every HOUR!! He didn't even do that when he first came home from the hospital! It was awful and a long day at work today. I'm hoping for a better night tonight because I'm so tired.

How is teething going with everyone else? Any LOs with chompers yet??
April 6th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
oh man! That sounds exhausting Honestly I don't know if Bailey is teething, for 3-4 weeks now she has been waking at night 2-3 times but that could be her ear infection. Neither of my boys EVER showed teething signs, the teeth just popped out with them happy as a clam..

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 6th, 2010, 07:03 PM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yup...Danica spent about 5-6 nights waking up every 1-2 hours, then a tooth popped out and she went right back to sleeping through. Hope it goes quickly for you.

And Nicole, you're sooooo lucky! NO signs of teething AT ALL??!!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

April 6th, 2010, 07:07 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Ugh teething can be so rough. Jillian's two bottom teeth are right at the top of the gum but haven't broken through yet. She is constantly chomping her fingers or anything else she can get her gums on.

Have you tried teething tablets? The Hylands brand work pretty well. My Dr also always suggests letting them chomp a cool wet washcloth.

April 6th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Miles' Mommy's Avatar Happy 1st time mom
Send a message via AIM to Miles' Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Miles' Mommy
OMG...it's hell... He has been teething like crazy for over a week. His two bottom teeth broke threw last Tuesday and are still on the move. Now his top teeth are starting.
We used to be able to sooth him when he work up by turning on his music and giving him his pacifier. Now he wakes up in so much pain nothing but cuddling and nursing will help calm him down. We have been using Teething Tablets and most night those work. Then other nights the only thing that helps ease his pain is good old infant Tylenol. Those are usually the nights when he wakes up every 30-40 mins.
It just brakes my heart when he wakes up in tears.
I hope tonight is a good night I could use some sleep.

April 7th, 2010, 05:04 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use tylenol too, but mostly Abby did ok. She was teething forever, drooling like crazy, chewing on anything and everything and finally her two bottom are through. She didn't change sleeping patterns though.
I hope you get some much needed sleep!!

April 7th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! About 2 weeks ago, Reagan's teeth were *really* bothering her and she was so crabby. The teething tablets seemed to work and sometime Tylenol if she needed it. We can see the 2 bottom teeth right under the gum, but they haven't popped through yet. Then, during the end of last week - her teething symptoms seemed to have disappeared and still no teeth - weird!

We also have a washcloth in the freezer, a vibrating teether (which she doesn't bite down hard enough to vibrate) and another frozen teether that she likes to use...

It is horrible- I have heard people say that for a little baby it feels like a horrible toothache.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
April 7th, 2010, 06:21 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Xander is cutting his first tooth I saw it on Sunday and you can feel it but can't quite see it when he smiles you can if you look for it.

He hasn't been all that fussy at all.

I am blessed both my kids so far teeth rather well.

i hope it goes fast for you

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 7th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
teething tablets ?
forgive me ... I am new at this Mommy thing

April 7th, 2010, 02:27 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think Lucy is teething. I'm not sure. I can feel bumps on her gums and her cheeks are pink but that's about it. She's not cranky at all.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 7th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Peytonsmomma
i use orajel, but she's been teething since 2months but the last few days she's woken up screaming, she has 2 teeth pushing through i can feel them just cant see them yet
April 7th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Miles' Mommy's Avatar Happy 1st time mom
Send a message via AIM to Miles' Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Miles' Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondn6ft View Post
teething tablets ?
forgive me ... I am new at this Mommy thing
I got them at Target they are by Hyland's and are 100% natural. I thought it sounded wired but they work great most of the time. You put 2-3 soft little tablets under LO's tongue and they dissolve into nothing. (so no chocking worries) It helps numb the pain and seems to help for far longer then teething gel.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search