wildflower_142

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2010, 05:58 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is your dd, Ashleigh doing with her diabetes? I was thinking of her and wondering how she's doing and handling it, etc..

April 7th, 2010, 06:00 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I hope she's doing well. I know it can be hard to deal with it especially at first.

April 7th, 2010, 06:00 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I had forgotten sorry, how is she doing?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 7th, 2010, 10:09 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
thanks for asking, she's doing pretty good. Handling the injections pretty well. I'm terrible at them. Ugh! the poor thing, i keep hitting capillaries and making her bleed. you really can't avoid them, it's just something that can happen. She did give herself 2 injections, but doesn't want to do it anymore. Says she'd rather deal with me making her bleed, than have to do them herself LOL! She does plan on doing them once we start using the insulin pens, right now we're still using syringes. She checks her own blood sugar and is good about writing down the number and how much insulin she takes per meal.

On Easter day we had our first low sugar. Ashleigh was watching TV, and told me she was feeling dizzy. took her blood sugar and it was 63 (endo's want hers to be between 80-150). I made her drink her juice box rechecked in 15 minutes and it was up to 111.

April 7th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Glad to hear she's handling it well. I use to give my veins all the time too and bleed, it hurt. But I don't blame her for wanting you to do them. It's so hard to do them yourself.
Have you seen the bracelets and necklaces for diabetics? The medical ones, incase she would faint or something, people know why. They make some cute ones that look like jewelry and are cute to wear.

April 7th, 2010, 10:17 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
paula yes, they have a lot of cute ones out there. We actually have a bracelet and necklace for her. When she was first diagnosed we just got a simple one at the drug store that said 'diabetic' on it. Now she has a necklace (she loves it, it's neon purple). On the back it has her name, type 1 diabetes, insulin dependent, and our phone number on it.

April 7th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Oh that sounds cute!! The first time I saw some of the I couldn't believe they were medical alerts and not just jewelry. lol

April 7th, 2010, 11:26 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm glad she's dealing pretty well with it. I know it can be pretty tough. That's cool that they make necklaces like that. It's definitely a good thing for her to wear.

April 7th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
that is great she is doing so well with it, that can be a hard thing to deal with

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search