That boogie sucker thing

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2010, 02:18 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Ugh I hate that thing (the bulb thing). I have a battery operated one too and that isn't a whole lot better. Jillian has a cold and is all full of mucus. It gets really bad at night when she tries to sleep so I have to suction her several times during the night or she starts to choke.

I hate using that thing though. It doesn't seem to help much and she screams when I do it.

Definitely one of my least favorite mom jobs. Ranks right up there with nail clipping.

April 9th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Peytonsmomma
i use the baby saline squirt it in her nose and suction everything out works like a charm
April 9th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
baby nose spray then suction with the hospital one, its the only one I have that really works, the battery operated and store ones never did the job.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 9th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I do use the saline spray and that helps but she's got so much stuff and it's so far up that it just doesn't all come out.

This hospital never gave us one for some reason.

April 9th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Peytonsmomma
you may have to try it a few times cuz that happened when peyton got sick
April 9th, 2010, 04:54 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree about the hospital one. For some reason it works best. We have two from the hospital. I always feel mean when I have to use it.

April 9th, 2010, 05:38 PM
I feel mean too Paula. It always makes her cry. Part of the problem is that she hates to be held still.

April 9th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
do I have the only kids that like the thing? Bailey doesnt make a sound when I do it and Collin still lets me do it when he is really stuffed up

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 9th, 2010, 06:32 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
you can get a hospital grade boogie sucker thingy from your pediatrician. the store ones don't work for squat.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 9th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Miles' Mommy's Avatar Happy 1st time mom
Send a message via AIM to Miles' Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Miles' Mommy
When Miles had a cold we used one and when I told the doctor he said not to use it. That they cause more mucus. He said to use salt water drops. It will loosen the mucus and baby will sneeze it out. I guess the snot sucker can irritate the delicate membranes in the nose. When this happens they body produces more mucus to help heal it. Once I stopped using the snot sucker he started to clear up. Plus he was getting more out when he sneezed then I was with the snot sucker.

April 9th, 2010, 08:17 PM
She definitely does get more out when she sneezes. I use the saline drops but they don't always make her sneeze. She ends up sucking up hard with her nose and then it goes down her throat and she starts gagging.

April 9th, 2010, 10:40 PM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness girls! Get online and order yourself a NOSEFRIDA snotsucker...that thing is just freaking amazing!! It works like a charm if you aren't grossed out by it. It works better than ANYTHING i've come across and I've tried the bulb, electric etc. You can order it for cheap on Amazon.com

Nosefrida The Snot Sucker

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

April 10th, 2010, 04:56 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate to use it. The only ones I have are the ones from the hospital.

I hope Jillian feels better soon

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 10th, 2010, 12:15 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreMommy2B View Post
Oh my goodness girls! Get online and order yourself a NOSEFRIDA snotsucker...that thing is just freaking amazing!! It works like a charm if you aren't grossed out by it. It works better than ANYTHING i've come across and I've tried the bulb, electric etc. You can order it for cheap on Amazon.com

Nosefrida The Snot Sucker

i just went and looked at the website. so, um, do the boogers get in your mouth?

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 10th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
i just went and looked at the website. so, um, do the boogers get in your mouth?

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...#ixzz0kpgEJ9Jv
LOL! No...they are sucked up into the tube which has a filter. It's a long tube so they would have to have some massive snot going on for it to even reach all the way up to the filter. Ashlynn never cries from it and just giggles at me when I use it. I use the Saline drops along with her Nosefrida and it ALL comes out. I keep a Kleenex handy when I use it so I can blow out the snot and congestion into the kleenex.

I HIGHLY recommend the nosefrida. Go to amazon.com and read the reviews on it. It has over 150 5star reviews and 12 4star reviews. Here is a link to the reviews...one lady put it perfectly. It's the Grossest thing I've ever LOVED! ;p

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator

April 10th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Miles' Mommy's Avatar Happy 1st time mom
Send a message via AIM to Miles' Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Miles' Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ2 View Post
She definitely does get more out when she sneezes. I use the saline drops but they don't always make her sneeze. She ends up sucking up hard with her nose and then it goes down her throat and she starts gagging.
wow...she's one stuffy baby...the poor thing. The hospital one is the only one that works when it comes to snot suckers. When the saline isn't doing enough.

April 10th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Quote:
wow...she's one stuffy baby...the poor thing. The hospital one is the only one that works when it comes to snot suckers. When the saline isn't doing enough.
I strongly disagree....I've got our snot sucker bulb from the hospital and doesn't even compare to the nosefrida which gets out about 85-90% if not more. Plus! it doesn't require sticking something uncomfortable up their poor little noses.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search