Kind of exciting news....Baby modeling possibility

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2010, 11:20 PM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kind of exciting news....

First, we are currently stationed in NJ & since we are so close to NYC, I figured what the heck & submitted a few pictures of Ashlynn to a well known modeling agency (they have been featured on TLC & Discovery Health Channel). To my suprise (I wasn't even sure if they represented babies so young), they called the day before yesterday wanting to schedule an appointment for us to bring her in. I'm not sure how much of it we will allow for her to do (that is if they sign her) but it's kind of an adventure. They are in Manhattan & we have an appointment next Thursday.

We have done alot of research on what a reputable agency would ask for.
Below is what they emailed me in our appointment confirmation.

Quote:
Following is a list of what you should bring with you:

- Two cute outfits for Ashlynn to be photographed in.
- A favorite toy or book to help her relax and smile for photos.
- A comb/brush for her hair.
- Hard copies of her photos/headshots.
- An electronic copy of her photos/headshots (i.e. CD, USB drive, etc.) with each photo saved as a jpeg and sized to 700 KB.

For reference I've attached examples of the kinds of photos we'll be looking for. * they sent some headshot images.
So instead of just taking the train up (about a 2hr train ride) we've decided to drive up and stay overnight, do a little sight seeing (I've never been to NYC), eat somewhere nice and then take Ashlynn to FAO Schwarz. I will make sure to take pictures from the trip to post and will keep you posted on what happens. Thanks for letting me share. I am a stay at home mom now that we've had Ashlynn so this is the most excitement I've seen in a while.

I am not sure about what outfits to take but I'm thinking of using the picture below for her headshot. I took it this afternoon after I got back from a day of shopping with my mom.

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

April 10th, 2010, 04:19 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
How exciting!

Just make sure they don't charge you anything to take her pictures. When my oldest ds was younger we went to a modeling agency that was referred to us and he did a couple small prints. One of the points the rep told us is NEVER pay for portfolio pictures... She said "If they(a modeling agency) want your son(child) bad enough and think he will make them money they won't charge you anything to get them started."

Let us know how it goes...it's a GREAT opportunity...
April 10th, 2010, 04:47 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How exciting. I hope everything goes well.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 10th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good Luck ...

Those beautiful blues will have them mezmerized !

April 10th, 2010, 07:38 AM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls! DH found a good site that discussed things a legitimate agency will never ask for and some of the things they might. We're making a family trip of it with DH's grandma who lives in NJ about 1hr from us. She is moving in June (her husband died just before xmas) to be near DH's mom n dad and she was with us in the delivery room when Ashlynn was born so we think it would be a fun trip and also nice to have an extra set of ears with us.

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

April 10th, 2010, 11:52 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
That's really cool and I hope it goes well. She really does have beautiful blue eyes!

April 10th, 2010, 12:02 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
how fun, good luck!

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 10th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have fun and I hope all goes well - she does have beautiful eyes!!! I love NYC - my brother and best friend live up there, so visit often.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search