No solids yet. Are we the only ones?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2010, 12:55 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Are we the only ones who haven't started solids yet? I know Jillian is quite a bit younger than most of the babies (she wasn't born until Nov 4th) but I always end up feeling so behind.

We plan to wait until 6 months. Is anyone else waiting or did anyone else wait until 6 months?

April 10th, 2010, 12:59 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
i've given echo little tastes of things to see if she likes them but nothing regularly. she's not really interested in it. well except for the pudding i caught my mom giving her. she loved that!

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 10th, 2010, 01:24 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gave Ben rice cereal a couple of weeks ago and some banana last week. I just pureed it. So he's only had solids twice. He did fine with the cereal (maybe a tablespoon), but the bananas made him poop all day long the next day so I'm really being cautious with the solids. My oldest was pretty much EBF for a year with little tastes of things here and there...I don't think I am going to be able to do that with Ben. He's really interested in food and he has made me lose more weight than I wanted so I'm trying to put that back on.

So, no to answer your question you're not the only one. Ben is 6 months now, but we're treading lightly.
April 10th, 2010, 03:21 PM
MrsSarah1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Peyton will be six months on Monday and we are barely getting started. I'm not in a hurry really. The few things that we have given to her, she has spit up almost all of it, so I don't think she's even digested anything yet, lol.
April 10th, 2010, 03:42 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started Billy on solids at the end of 5 months. I did give him rice cereal before that, but he really wasn't ready to eat from a spoon. He has eaten squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, sweet peas, and just started on apple sauce today. Oh and he gets oatmeal twice a day. He hasn't rejected a single food! He gave a funny face when he tried the green beans, then proceeded to eat the entire container.
April 10th, 2010, 04:45 PM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were planning to wait until Ashlynn turned 6mo on April 4 but on March 31 I got slight food poisoning so to play it safe we gave her some Organic Brown Rice Cereal and 'Prunes & Apples'. She has no idea how to take a bottle (we've tried every brand on the market) and I don't blame her for turning her nose up to formula. LOL! I tasted the formula and it tastes gross and smells bad compared to Breast Milk which is light and sweet.

She did really well but it sure has affected the texture of her poop. Wowzers! ;p But nothing that I didnt' expect. She has had so far 'Apples & Prunes', Sweet Potatoes, Sweet Peas, Pears and her Organic Brown Rice Cereal which I mix with pumped breast milk. She has done really well! We're taking it slowly though...

I've been staying with family in TX while DH was deployed so I bought the Gerbers Organic but I plan to make her food once I'm back home. Gonna put my Magic Bullet to good use. I feed her at most 2x a day... after her midmorning nap & before bed. Plus I don't give her a whole lot.

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

April 11th, 2010, 07:25 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are on solids here

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 11th, 2010, 03:42 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Peyton turned 6mos on the 2nd(APril) but we have only given her solids a couple times, or should I say tried to give her solids. She's interested in food, until we try to give her some then she doesn't want any...so we will try every couple of days until she wants some...
April 11th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I started at 4 mos, but its not something I do on a regular basis

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search