how many non-rollers left?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2010, 08:59 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tegan is 6 and half months and still shows no sign of rolling. She doesnt even push herself up onto her arms. She gets really angry if you put her in that position. She sits unassisted for long periods and is starting to stand a bit with help. We were referred to the infant development program here about 3 weeks ago. They told us they would send someone out to do an assessment within a week. When we never heard back I phoned them and they had lost our info so we have to be put into their computer system again. It has been another 2 weeks and I'm getting kinda mad because I havent heard anything again. I remember last time we talked about lack of rolling one of the other moms said they had an appt. for their baby but I cant find the thread and dont remember who it was. I was wondering how it went and what they did/said.
April 12th, 2010, 09:09 AM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tylee can roll, just does not do it regularly....and mopst def. does not just roll around the house.

She sits though, and she pushes herself up, and can pull her legs up under her..... I think she just doesnt care to roll.
The only time she will do it is to get a toy or something.
I bribe her with my cellphone and she will roll both ways.

April 12th, 2010, 09:10 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Jillian started rolling back to belly about a week after she turned 3 months which was a bit early.

Tegan probably should be rolling by now but I wouldn't freak out to much since she can sit unsupported and all. I'd definitely keep up with the infant development people. My son went through Early Intervention (that's what it is called here) for his speech delay. They were really wonderful and have been a big help. I hope they get their stuff together and help you soon!

April 12th, 2010, 10:30 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
echo has rolled 5 times. yes i know how many exactly. she doesn't like to be on her belly at all.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 12th, 2010, 12:13 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Xander has only rolled from back to tummy twice and he jsut likes to scootch all over the place.

He can not sit up by himself yet though

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 12th, 2010, 12:26 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Abby can roll but HATES being on her belly still, so she doesn't do it a lot. I wouldn't' worry too much since she seems to be well within range in other areas. Some babies just skip doing things, some skip crawling and go straight to walking. She might just skip rolling but eventually she'll figure it out.

April 12th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Claire will be 6 months tomorrow and does not roll. She's rolled belly to back a handful of times and never back to belly w/o us helping her. She sits completely unassisted for long periods of time and can stand with support for quite a while, so I am not too worried. We'll see what her ped says on Thursday.
April 12th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Veteran
Kadence only rolls from back to belly now. She rolled from belly to back a couple months ago and not since. My oldest didn't roll til 6 months and then went crazy. The ped wasn't worried about it then. He crawled right after that and then walked at nine months. I'd follow through with those people, but not worry about it.
April 12th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're making me worry now!

Reagan can roll from belly to back but not the other way - she gets stuck on her side.

She still isn't really sitting up unassisted. Only about 10-15 seconds and then topples over.

She's a little older than some of the other babies in our PR since she was born in September - should I be worried?

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
April 12th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no rolling here ...
sit assisted ... teaters over unassisted ...
Hates being on her tummy still ... be is getting better ... up to 15 minutes the other day !
We see the pedi on the 28th for her 6mo check up ... will see if there is a concern ... I don't think so ...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search