Poop.

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Is your LO on a poopy schedule or all over the place?
Has your LO's poo taken on a new texture/color/smell since starting baby food?
Does your baby have blow outs? Often?
What do you do to take care of poop stains?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 14th, 2010, 06:07 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Xander's poo has gotten thicker and stinker since starting solids.

No more blow outs and he isn't on a schedule

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 14th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Bailey usually poops after almost every feeding except bedtime and during the night.
Yesterday I freaked as she only pooped once

Its always the same sticky yellow mush.
She has a blow out 1-2x a week. Still have no clue how to get rid of that yellow stain.

I am strange, I actually like the smell of her poop. smells almost like frosting really sweet.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 14th, 2010, 07:29 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^ Try soaking it in oxyclean for a few hours. That was the only thing that saved Levi's clothes. I break out in hives with that stuff though so I have to be really careful and wash it in regular detergent after.

He was blowing out 5 times a day until this week (poops after everytime he eats). We switched to size 4 diapers and that solved the problem. Guess he just has a big butt.

I love the picture of you and all your children BTW! That's impressive to get them all looking at the camera at the same time.

April 14th, 2010, 07:36 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Jillian goes usually once a day about an hour after she gets up for the day. Sometimes she'll go again later.

She does have blow outs sometimes. When she does I spray it right away with Shout and let it sit for a few minutes. Then I wash it right away. If you wait it almost never comes completely out.

Hers hasn't really changed consistency yet because haven't started solids. It isn't quite as runny as when she was a newborn though.

April 14th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica8 View Post
^^ Try soaking it in oxyclean for a few hours. That was the only thing that saved Levi's clothes. I break out in hives with that stuff though so I have to be really careful and wash it in regular detergent after.

He was blowing out 5 times a day until this week (poops after everytime he eats). We switched to size 4 diapers and that solved the problem. Guess he just has a big butt.

I love the picture of you and all your children BTW! That's impressive to get them all looking at the camera at the same time.

Thank you. It took my husband over 50 tries to get that picture and this one was the only one with them all looking

April 14th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! When she started solids, she started pooping less often and it became solid balls the consistency of play-dough (sorry if TMI). I asked the pedi about it and he said it was fine and was only constipation if the poop was hard?! It is definitely more stinky. She usually goes 1-2x per day.

She doesn't have blowouts anymore - but she used to have 1 a day when she was only a few months old. I keep a tubberware bin with OxyClean and water next to the washer. Anything stained goes into the bin until its time for wash - then I throw everything in and rinse it before washing. My neighbor told me that tip and it has saved a lot of clothes and time!!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
April 14th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Super Mommy
Is your LO on a poopy schedule or all over the place? Not on a schedule, every other day and sometimes have to give him prune juice to make him poop
Has your LO's poo taken on a new texture/color/smell since starting baby food? Even before baby food, his poop started becoming harder since 2 months due to constipationDoes your baby have blow outs? Often? It's been a while so no not often
What do you do to take care of poop stains? Regular Dreft seems to work for us
April 14th, 2010, 08:35 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
Is your LO on a poopy schedule or all over the place? Not a real schedule like every day at 9am she poops LOL! But she usually poops 1-2x's a day

Has your LO's poo taken on a new texture/color/smell since starting baby food? Oh yes. All i have to say is P.U! It's thicker, pastier, and greener now. I miss the breastmilk and formula poops.

Does your baby have blow outs? Often? She hasn't had one in quite a while now.

What do you do to take care of poop stains? I have some shout stain remover that i spray on her clothes.

April 14th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Jennifer0911's Avatar Mommy of 2 Adorable Girls
Send a message via Yahoo to Jennifer0911
Samantha is kinda on a schedule. She only poops once every other day or every 2 days (doctor says that it's okay and that we should consider ourselves lucky).
Her poop has changed since eating baby food. It's more of a paste right now. Sometimes it's soft. But the smell is a lot stronger.
She doesn't have blow outs. But she used to.
With stains I used dreft stain remover. Worked great.

Check Out My Blog!!

3-13 @ 14 weeks
April 14th, 2010, 10:30 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Is your LO on a poopy schedule or all over the place? All over the place. Sometimes she will go days without pooping. She's not constipated though and her ped says she's fine. Some kids just don't go everyday. She once went 6 days and I was a wreck but she was fine.

Has your LO's poo taken on a new texture/color/smell since starting baby food? I haven't started solids yet.

Does your baby have blow outs? Often? Well since she goes days without you can imagine that when she does go it's a massive amount of poo!

What do you do to take care of poop stains? I rinse the clothes immediately and put some dawn dish soap on the stain and let it soak for a few hours in really hot water. If I have a load to do then I just put it in the wash and if not I let it air dry until I do. I have yet to have a ruined outfit. It's all come clean so far.

Ok so my really gross poop story seems like it would fit in here. The other day I took Echo to the grocery store and she hadn't pooped in 3 days. Sure enough as soon as pull into the parking spot and turn off the car I hear the "thunder!". I got into the back seat and pulled her out and didn't think that there was anything leaking so I would be able to get her into the bathroom but then I noticed that my arm was covered in poo and it was leaking out on her pants. It was cold so I couldn't open the car door and change her on the seat so I had to strip her down (poop down to her socks!!!) and change her standing on my lap. Yuck. Then the only change of clothes I had were summer ones because it had been so nice the previous week. So I put her in those, stuck her in the moby and covered her in my sweatshirt to run into the store. Luckily it was a catchall store and I found her a cute carters monkey sweatsuit on sale. Ok, that was my gross poop story for the week.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 14th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Veteran
Kadence's poop is still the same because she isn't eating solids. She poops a few times a day and only has blow outs when she is wearing something new. Seriously. There is nothing she owns that she hasn't gotten poop on. OxyClean works well, but doesn't always get the stain out for us. I'm probably doing something wrong with it.
April 14th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Peytonsmomma
Peyton's poop has always stunk! even the meconium poop from when she was first born! it's awful makes you wanna gag-literally, it's a lil bit thicker now, and a green color, since switching to formula she poops once a day. i use dreft
April 14th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
Is your LO on a poopy schedule or all over the place? All over the place. Sometimes she will go days without pooping. She's not constipated though and her ped says she's fine. Some kids just don't go everyday. She once went 6 days and I was a wreck but she was fine.

Has your LO's poo taken on a new texture/color/smell since starting baby food? I haven't started solids yet.

Does your baby have blow outs? Often? Well since she goes days without you can imagine that when she does go it's a massive amount of poo!

What do you do to take care of poop stains? I rinse the clothes immediately and put some dawn dish soap on the stain and let it soak for a few hours in really hot water. If I have a load to do then I just put it in the wash and if not I let it air dry until I do. I have yet to have a ruined outfit. It's all come clean so far.

Ok so my really gross poop story seems like it would fit in here. The other day I took Echo to the grocery store and she hadn't pooped in 3 days. Sure enough as soon as pull into the parking spot and turn off the car I hear the "thunder!". I got into the back seat and pulled her out and didn't think that there was anything leaking so I would be able to get her into the bathroom but then I noticed that my arm was covered in poo and it was leaking out on her pants. It was cold so I couldn't open the car door and change her on the seat so I had to strip her down (poop down to her socks!!!) and change her standing on my lap. Yuck. Then the only change of clothes I had were summer ones because it had been so nice the previous week. So I put her in those, stuck her in the moby and covered her in my sweatshirt to run into the store. Luckily it was a catchall store and I found her a cute carters monkey sweatsuit on sale. Ok, that was my gross poop story for the week.

That is hilarious! Makes me remember when Thomas was a newborn, I think 4-6 days old and Tom took him in the am so I could sleep in. He went to change his pee pee diaper and he started pooping, projectile, across the couch onto Tom's lap, down his leg, everywhere. He came running in the bedroom screaming help

Thank goodness nothing terrible has happened yet to me. Wait, for a week Collin decided poop was a toy

April 14th, 2010, 05:46 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is your LO on a poopy schedule or all over the place? She goes when she goes. No real schedule.

Has your LO's poo taken on a new texture/color/smell since starting baby food? A little but not much

Does your baby have blow outs? Often? Lucy has never had one.

What do you do to take care of poop stains? N/A

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search