Babywearing.

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Who here is wearing their LO?
What kind of carrier are you using? How are you carrying baby? (ex: on your back, in front, face to face, facing forward, on the hip, cradle hold, etc)
How often do you use your carrier?
Those who BF, do you nurse in your carrier? If so, do you have to switch positions of the baby to nurse?

I use my moby wrap for trips to the park or outings, if its for less than 90 minutes, she faces forward now, if I don't know how long we will be or will be for a while, she faces me so we can nurse when she is hungry.

I use my snugli for quick trips to the grocery store or spur of the moment activities. I keep it in the car since it takes 10 seconds to put on.

I need to re-try out my peanut shell sling now that she is big enough for the hip carry. I am kinda excited about it, as the pattern is just sooooo much pretty than my plain blue moby or green and beige snugli

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 14th, 2010, 05:05 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use my jeep carrier when we go to hockey games and he is facing me

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 14th, 2010, 08:12 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
Who here is wearing their LO? not all the time, but i do wear catie

What kind of carrier are you using? How are you carrying baby? (ex: on your back, in front, face to face, facing forward, on the hip, cradle hold, etc) Well i have 3 different kinds. I have a ring sling, moby wrap, and mei tai. lately i've been using the mei tai a lot. I wear it in front, baby facing in. Catie usually falls asleep in it.

How often do you use your carrier?
Mostly 1x a week, when i do my grocery shopping. I keep the mei tai in my car, in case i need it

Those who BF, do you nurse in your carrier? If so, do you have to switch positions of the baby to nurse? I've tried with all 3 of my carriers, but i can't get the hang of it.

April 14th, 2010, 09:05 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Who here is wearing their LO? Me!

What kind of carrier are you using? How are you carrying baby? (ex: on your back, in front, face to face, facing forward, on the hip, cradle hold, etc) I use my homemade moby wrap and I am now looking into making a woven wrap but I'm not sure what kind of fabric to use. I do the face to face carry, I've not tried facing out because I've read that it's bad for their backs. When she gets bigger we'll try the hip carry.

How often do you use your carrier? Anytime I go anywhere, it's so much easier than her stroller and carrying her in my arms kills my neck and back.

Those who BF, do you nurse in your carrier? If so, do you have to switch positions of the baby to nurse? I haven't gotten the hang of that yet. It's the whole untucking your shirt thing that I don't like. I wear a tank under but it rides up when I'm wearing the moby. I don't care who sees my boob but I really don't want people seeing my back/belly/muffin top!

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 14th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Veteran
I use the Moby everyday when I take my kids to the park. We basically live in a park so we're there everyday. I carry her facing out, but she has been getting fussy with it lately so I might try a different hold. I can't get the hang of nursing in it because I can't figure out how to get my clothes where they need to go.
April 14th, 2010, 11:46 AM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
I just use a regular carrier when we are going somewhere it would be hard to push around a stroller or if we are going outside and I want my hands free to play with jeffrey.. which way I put him depends on the mood he is in.. if he is tired he faces me and falls right to sleep but if he wants to see whats going on (which he usually does) he faces forward. I'm not a huge fan of it but we stopped at kmart on the way to chuck e cheese one day to see what they had (was the closest store) and that was all we found. I don't use it a ton anyway..

April 14th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Who here is wearing their LO? I am
What kind of carrier are you using? How are you carrying baby? (ex: on your back, in front, face to face, facing forward, on the hip, cradle hold, etc) I use a Mei Tai.. Right now I only use it in front with baby facing me.. I did order a BabyHawk Oh Snap! I can't wait to get this carrier.. I can just buckle and go..
How often do you use your carrier?Just when I go to the park, but once A.J is big enough to go in the back carry, I'll wear him while I do stuff around the house.

April 14th, 2010, 02:50 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We use the baby bjorn with Lucy facing out. She loves it but cannot fall asleep in it. She never has, even as a newborn facing in, she has never fallen asleep in it. Therefore we only use it when she doesn't need to sleep while we are out.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 14th, 2010, 07:46 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
What kind of carrier are you using? How are you carrying baby? (ex: on your back, in front, face to face, facing forward, on the hip, cradle hold, etc) Moby and she faces in. We do the hug hold most of the time now.

How often do you use your carrier? Now that the weather is nice I use it more when I take DS out to play. I also use it if I go to the store with both kids and DH isn't with me.

Those who BF, do you nurse in your carrier? If so, do you have to switch positions of the baby to nurse? I haven't nursed in it because I just haven't really needed to and it's hard to manage so I just take her out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search