I`m new ( but an old lurker )

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2010, 02:04 PM
elsi2009's Avatar Veteran
So I just wanted to say hello here in this Playroom as I have been lurking nearly every day since March 09 or so. I think it is really helpful to read the forums here. My LO 's name is Jasmin, born on October 15th 2009. The delivery took 9.5 hours, so I am kind of glad, that the delivery didn`t last longer and this is my first child. She was born at 6 lbs 5 oz at 19 inches or so. It is so amazing how my LO has grown in the last 6 months.
And I hope all the babies here are growing and developing well!

Last edited by elsi2009; April 15th, 2010 at 02:08 PM. Reason: time
April 15th, 2010, 02:15 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I love this board! It has been great to have such an amazing group of mommies to go to whenever I have questions. Tegan was also my first, she was born Oct. 2nd and was 6lbs, 15oz. She is now a chunky monkey at 18lbs!
April 15th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Welcome! JM is great, I have been a devoted member since Jan '05. My name is Nicole and my Oct. baby is my 3rd, my first daughter Bailey. She was born on the 2nd. I also have two sons, Thomas (4) and Collin (2)

How is Jasmin doing? Do you FF or BF? How much/often is she eating? Does she roll over/sit up/crawl? Are you feeding solids yet? What is your favorite part about being a mother?

Please jump right in and post away! We cannot wait to get to know you and your baby girl

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 15th, 2010, 04:26 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
do we get to see pics? you have to catch us up on the last 6 months!

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 15th, 2010, 04:44 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I agree, we need some pics.

April 15th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaDucks View Post
2)

How is Jasmin doing? Do you FF or BF? How much/often is she eating? Does she roll over/sit up/crawl? Are you feeding solids yet? What is your favorite part about being a mother?

Please jump right in and post away! We cannot wait to get to know you and your baby girl
Jasmin has a little cyst at her finger, but probably nothing serious as long as it isn`t infected. She has a little cough sometimes, but doctor said she sounds fine ( I was worried about allergies and asthma ) I do BF and Jasmin eats rather often ( every 2 -4 hours, mostly every 2 hours in the afternoon) and she likes to BF to fall asleep - I don`t know how it will be when I wean her. She likes to roll over both ways, she rolls through the room sometimes, but often she starts complaining when on the tummy. She`s not sittung up unsupported, she would fall over after some seconds. We introduced rice cereal 2 weeks ago and she did try banana yesterday. In the birth class we got some stuff to read and one was titled `the Gift of Motherhood`and I guess one mainly understands what it means when one has a child.
I am a little concerned as she stopped talking when she started grasping at 3 months, now shes making sounds, but not a lot of consonants, maybe sometimes `n`, she only said `ole` `oyeah` and `ja`a few weeks ago. I often try to talk like a waterfall to her now
April 15th, 2010, 10:05 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 16th, 2010, 04:48 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I am Cathy mommy to Brandon ALexander 6 months and Breana who is 2 1/2

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 16th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you came out from lurk-dome! Welcome and we are happy to have you.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
April 16th, 2010, 08:04 AM
thanks @all and yes, I will try to post an image of Jasmin soon...So now that I am registered here, II wanted to mention that today I signed a petition for kids against toxic chemicals ( I came to that as I did worry about some lipstick that I had on and passing of chemicals of it into breastmilk, so I found "Skin Deep" a cosmetics database ) here`s the link for the petition if anyone is interested
edit
I just received a message I need 10 posts before I can post a link, but if you search for "Environmental Working Group Petition " you`ll find the URL for the petition, too.
The found BPA and so on in umbilical blood , they tested 10 babies

edit 2
someone of you might consider maybe making an own thread with the actual link for the petition out of it?
just a thought

Last edited by elsi2009; April 16th, 2010 at 08:13 AM.
April 16th, 2010, 08:21 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
why you lurky so long!?!?!?! we wish we would have met you sooner!!!!!!
like another member said, dive in and post! sounds like you had some concerns that we could have helped you with along the way.....this is a great place to turn to ease the worries and find out things that are happening are usually very normal.
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

April 16th, 2010, 08:31 AM
I was often close to registering here , but also only reading was also very helpful
In case of doubt or worries, I`ll usually google for prolonged time, and then I try not to be overwhelmed by the worst case scenario found by google

Last edited by elsi2009; April 16th, 2010 at 08:33 AM.
April 19th, 2010, 09:33 PM
So finally I can post links now, here a pic of Jasmin at 5 months 1 week
http://i44.tinypic.com/21lix35.jpg

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search