Your relationship

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Now that everyone is 'used to' their baby's being around. How much has your relationship with your other half changed?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 16th, 2010, 02:30 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It hasn't really.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 16th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I remember after Thomas was born, Tom turned into such a sweet heart. Always wanting to do everything for Thomas.

After Collin, not so much, it is when we started 'taking turns' at baby duties.

After Bailey, well he is working more than ever now so when he gets home he is 'too tired' to do much with the kids But on the weekend he is always playing with all three.

We don't DTD much anymore as one kid or another wakes up on any given night and we are both just too tired.

We don't go out much at all anymore.

But we fight less.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 16th, 2010, 05:42 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
With our first it changed and it was even better. I loved seeing him with our son. This time it's about the same. I love seeing him with our kids and we parent pretty well together.

It can be a lot harder to find time to DTD and the whole time when we do I'm think "I hope my boobs don't leak everywhere!"

April 16th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Miles' Mommy's Avatar Happy 1st time mom
Send a message via AIM to Miles' Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Miles' Mommy
Most days it's great. On the nights LO is having a rough night sleeping we get short with each other. Mostly because we are so tired ourselves. DH is doing better with stepping in to help with baby duties. Which has been great. When it comes to DTD it's been hard. DH is a little freaked out by breast milk and LO seems to wake up every time we try. I think it's just been bad timing. Sadly it still kind of hurts. I'm hoping that over time it will stop hurting all together. It has gotten better with time.

April 16th, 2010, 08:00 PM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
It really hasn't changed because of jordan.. we appreciate our time together more now but thats only because I'm back in school so we dont see eachother until after 9 most days and then its mostly getting the boys ready for bed and maybe watching a little tv and getting some sleep ourselves but we have saturdays when he gets home from work and all day sunday.. its nice cause we aren't constantly stepping on each others toes but we still have some time.. I thing its perfect.. but of course once I start actual work if everything goes to plan we will have even less time to spend together

April 17th, 2010, 01:45 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Well because of the deployment situation it's different all together...

We got married and he "inherited" Derrick. They got along ok the first eyar and better each year until 2008 when things hit rock bottom. They are still trying to mend their relationship but that is hard when dh is thousands of miles away.

With Xavier dh was gone until he was 3 months old. Then he was only home for r&r(2 weeks) and he helped a lot. When he got home for good Xavier was a little over 6 months old. He helped a ton, infact I just kind of relaxed the first 6 months or so.

With Peyton he was home for the hard part - the first 2 months. He held me when I cried, held Peyton when she cried...etc. Now that he is gone he offers words of support but that is about all he can give now. We will see him in July when Peyton is about 9mos old for 2 weeks then he won't be home until after her 1st birthday...so we are the "exception"...in a way I'm a single mother - but I still depend on my husband for emotional and verbal support.
April 17th, 2010, 04:36 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It hasn't changed really.

The only thing that has changed is DTD we are both just too tired to do it anymore so it has slowed down

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search