BFing moms-help.

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Bailey has always been a perfect nurser. Even during her growth spurts, I never really felt frustrated. Until Now.

When she wakes during the night and her 1st feed of the day, she nurses great.

But every feed during the day and at bedtime she just will not nurse. She latches on for 2 minutes, unlatches, fusses. Latches for 30 seconds-2 minutes, unlatches, fusses. She does this until I either give up trying to feed her or she finally gives in and falls asleep within minutes. Never sufficiently nursing for more than 2 minutes at a time. Her normal nursing usually lasts 10-30 minutes.

My husband gave her a bottle today when I ran out and he said she took 7 oz w/o a problem at all.

Can this be the 6 month growth spurt? Or is this a teething sign?

This has been going on for 2 whole days now and I really wish she would take a binky. I am so tired of fighting with her to get her to eat. And she is fussing all day long since she is hungry.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 17th, 2010, 04:24 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm. I am not sure. It just sounds like a growth spirt to me. I am sure your supply will catch up to her.
April 17th, 2010, 05:03 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a growth spurt. But right now Xander is doing the same thing. He is teething and his nose is stuffy so I think that is it.

Good Luck I hope it gets better soon

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 17th, 2010, 05:55 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
It's so confusing when they do stuff like that because it can be a few different things. Is she showing any other signs of teething?

It's probably a growth spurt and they can be so frustrating. Try feeding her before she really shows any signs of being hungry. See if she'll latch better then. If that doesn't work maybe try giving her just a bit from a bottle first to take the edge off the hunger and then see if she'll latch.

April 17th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Phoebe has been doing the exact same thing. She had one tooth break the day after Easter and I can see the 2nd but it's not through. None of my other kids ever had teething issues so I have no clue. I hope that's what it is.

April 17th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Miles' Mommy's Avatar Happy 1st time mom
Send a message via AIM to Miles' Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Miles' Mommy
Miles does that to me when he's tired.
When his teeth started coming in he refused a binky and would fight the bottle at daycare. This went of for 3 weeks. He now has 4 teeth and is starting to take a binky again when he goes to bed. Though he still gives daycare a hard time with the bottle. I think that might be because he wants solids if he can't have the good stuff.

Hope it gets better.

April 18th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Pautzie's Avatar Veteran
Ansley is doing the same thing. She fights the bottle from my mom though. I've just decided it's a growth spurt and she's enjoying the solids. I just wish she'd nurse so I wasn't so engorged.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search