Peas

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2010, 03:30 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
Well she did good with rice cereal, oatmeal, avocado, green beans, butternut squash, and sweet potatoes. No spitting up or adverse reaction. So we decided to try peas today. Fed her a little bit of peas and a little bit of butternut squash. About 1/2 way through the peas she proceeded to projectile vomit the peas, butternut squash and formula out. I've never seen her throw up so much food/liquid. Her clothes were soaking wet (the bib did nothing). She was in her carseat and it got all over that. There was actually liquid leaking out of the bottom of the seat. It was that saturated. I was at my mom's, so she took the cover off and threw it and catie's clothes in the wash. I gave catie a bath and my mom washed out the plastic part of the carseat in the sink.
So maybe we'll try peas when she's a little older. And see if she can handle it then.

April 18th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Oh wow. I have never heard of such a reaction the very 1st time trying something. That must have been scary for you. I know everytime my kids throw up like that it freaks me out.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 18th, 2010, 06:37 AM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow.. that's crazy! Did she show any other signs of maybe being allergic... Mucus in stool, hives, fussiness or anything?
April 18th, 2010, 06:49 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Levi actually did almost the same thing. The peas got his gag reflex or something and he projectile vomited. I felt so bad. I'd never seen such an adverse reaction to food from a baby before. He did the same thing with green beans, so watch out for those! Nothing green for him for awhile. I hope it's just a phase.

April 18th, 2010, 07:51 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Oh that's a shame you had to clean up such a mess. I wonder if it was just a coincidence or if maybe it just triggered her gag reflex.

April 18th, 2010, 08:08 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tegan did the same thing with carrots. I didnt puree them enough and as soon as she got a solid chunk it triggered her gag reflex and then everything came up. I had to bake them twice and then puree them to get them smooth enough for her.
April 18th, 2010, 09:28 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
That must have been scary for you. Yes it was. I swear it was like something out of the exorcist

Did she show any other signs of maybe being allergic... Mucus in stool, hives, fussiness or anything?

Nope. She was fussy during the feeding, but one she threw up she was back to her smiling happy self.

He did the same thing with green beans, so watch out for those!

she's had green beans probably 6x's now, so hopefully that doesn't happen

i was wondering too if it just triggered her gag reflux. But i dont' want to take the chance so i'll probably wait a little longer to introduce it. I wasn't really sure what to do anyway. I was looking at a site that said to introduce peas between 6-8mos (she's 5mos). But i saw stage 1 peas at the store, so decided to give them a try.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search