Sunday Services

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Do you do to church on Sundays?
Do you mind sharing your beliefs?
Are you/Did you baptize or christen your LO?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 18th, 2010, 01:01 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romaine View Post
Do you do to church on Sundays? No
Do you mind sharing your beliefs? I'm Athiest!
Are you/Did you baptize or christen your LO? No. We are letting our children choose their own beliefs, if they want to get baptised when they are older, so be it.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 18th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
another

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 18th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Pautzie's Avatar Veteran
I'll be the odd one out...

Do you do to church on Sundays? yes
Do you mind sharing your beliefs? We are Catholic - I was baptized and confirmed just 4 years ago. My parents weren't very religious and didn't attend church, though they didn't ever discourage it. I always felt lost and confused as to what I believed. Once I discovered where I belong there has been a sense of calmness in my soul. My DH was baptized Catholic, but his parents never followed through. Growing up his grandparents took him. When we were pregnat with my oldest we decided we would look for a church - we went to a Catholic church first and he felt he no longer needed to look. He was confirmed four years ago and hasn't looked back.
Are you/Did you baptize or christen your LO? Yes we did - all three

April 18th, 2010, 04:49 PM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
Do you mind sharing your beliefs? I was raised protestant but I guess I would say athiest.. idk what to believe in anymore..
Are you/Did you baptize or christen your LO? Jordan has not been baptized.. MIL has been freaking out over it but I'm not sure I want to do it.. doesnt help that my family church closed down last year so now I don't even have a church. The way my pastor sees baptism is welcoming the baby into the church and as we don't go to church I dont really see the point? idk. LOL MIL has been going to a protestant church (even though she is catholic) just to try and get us to go I think.

April 18th, 2010, 06:16 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you do to church on Sundays? Yes, we go to church every Sunday.

Do you mind sharing your beliefs? I'm Catholic. I go to the pre-1960 Traditional Catholic Church where the mass in still done in Latin, women wear veils and skirts/dresses and men wear suits. I used to attend the post Vatican II church (regular catholic church you would normally see on the corner), but for years felt like it was missing something. I noticed the mass changing from year to year and I didn't like it and eventually fell away. Found the traditional mass my mom and grandmother were raised in 10 yrs ago and never looked back.

Are you/Did you baptize or christen your LO? My oldest is baptized and I will be baptizing Ben very soon.
April 18th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Mama2EZ's Avatar Super Mommy
Do you do to church on Sundays? Yes

Do you mind sharing your beliefs? We go to a non-denominational church. They are all over though, Calvary Chapel. They read straight from the bible and believe that Jesus is our Savior and died so that we could live. Pretty basic and I love it.

Are you/Did you baptize or christen your LO? We will be giving him a blessing. Basically the same as getting married. You ask the Lord and the congregation to watch over him spiritually, emotionally, and physically.
Ezra Ray 7lb. 7oz. born at 4:20

April 18th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Do you do to church on Sundays? When I work, I go on Fridays, but on my days off I'll go on Sundays..
Do you mind sharing your beliefs? I grew up as a Catholic, but found God when I was 14 years old.. So now I'm a non-denominational Evangelical Christian. we read strait out of the Bible and believe the Jesus is our Savior.

Oh and at my church you don't have to dress up, you come as you are..

Real Life Ministries

Your more then welcome to check out the link..
Are you/Did you baptize or christen your LO? We do a dedications, which is a commitment before the Lord to submit a child to God's will and to raise that child according to God's Word and God's ways. When my children except Jesus as thier Lord and Savior, they will get baptized..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; April 18th, 2010 at 11:23 PM.
April 19th, 2010, 07:25 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romaine View Post
Do you mind sharing your beliefs? I'm Athiest!
Are you/Did you baptize or christen your LO? No. We are letting our children choose their own beliefs, if they want to get baptised when they are older, so be it.
ditto!
April 19th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you do to church on Sundays? Just started to attend...

Do you mind sharing your beliefs? I was raised non-denominational, but belief system closest to baptist. My husband was raised Catholic. We both have very distinct views of organized religion and haven't attended church as a married couple until recently. We found a Unitarian Universalist church in our area that seems to work for both of us. It's basically liberal religion, where all beliefs are welcome and values personal spirituality no matter what race, religion, sexual preference, etc.

Are you/Did you baptize or christen your LO? My MIL keeps asking us if we are going to Reagan christened - but since we aren't raising her Catholic, I don't want to just b/c MIL wants to. We may do a blessing, but its still undecided.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
April 19th, 2010, 09:03 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to go every Sunday.

I am baptist.

I got both kids dedicated which means that I promise to raise them in the eyes of the Lord.

They will get baptized when they get saved and understand

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 19th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Peytonsmomma
Do you do to church on Sundays? Yep every sunday, me and Miss Peyton go
Do you mind sharing your beliefs? of course well i was raised Pentecostal, and i grew up in a strict religious freak household, my church was the kinda church that makes you wanna hate Christians b/c they are so hypocritical, so when i was 18 i moved away from home and I hated God and anything to do with religion b/c of how i was raised, two years ago i started looking for another church and found the one i go to now, it's non-denominational and they are non judgemental- heck i'm a single mom who had a kid out of wed-lock, peyton is a favorite among many there !
Are you/Did you baptize or christen your LO? We dedicated her in December
here is my church Life Center
April 19th, 2010, 11:16 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you mind sharing your beliefs? I don't really have beliefs. I believe in angels and spirits but I don't really believe in a God.
No

April 19th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Veteran
Do you do to church on Sundays? Every Sunday that we can make it on time.

Do you mind sharing your beliefs? We're Protestant. We learn straight from the Bible and believe that Jesus is our Savior.

Are you/Did you baptize or christen your LO? No. We don't really do that at our church.
April 19th, 2010, 12:57 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you do to church on Sundays? my ideal church is a messianic church (Jews who believe in Christ) which meets on friday nights when sabbath starts. i cannot find one i like in my city. we do go to a methodist church but we havent been in soooooo long because its far from our house now that we moved and i havent found a church nearby that me and DH both like
Do you mind sharing your beliefs? not at all. Im very religious Christian, DH believes in God, he lived in Israel for 18 years but doesnt affiliate himself with any religion. I am really picky about church, i know that all churches will be flawed but i like churches that merge with Judaism since Jesus was Jewish, thats just my personal favorite kind of church.
we are planning to, DH has another daughter who is Jewish. He has no problem with me wanting to baptize Neta. id really like to.

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search