Baby with eczema need some advice

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Araceli has really bad dry skin she is constanly scratching her belly and legs and it just breaks my heart to see her scratch like she wants to rip her skin off i just started using eucrin lotion hopefully that helps.

Well i think she has now gotten in her diaper area and i feel so bad for her,she wears cloth diaper and i though that maybe it was her diaper but i found online that babies can get eczema in there diaper area i have put cream and put her back in disposible and the rash still has not clear , the rash looks irritated red ,dry , swollen and wrinkly looking from where she scratches it, i try to keep her hands away when im changing her diaper but she cries from not me not letting her scratch down there , even after i put her diaper on her she scratches the top of the diaper.

I havent found any diaper cream that is for the itching and wanted to know if any of you mamas have have dealt with this before or can suggest a cream that will help im just at my wits end with this i feel so bad for her. i wanna cry

she dosent sleep to well because of this too. so any advice will be greatly appriciated!

April 19th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Peytonsmomma
my babies daddy has that -lol that sounded kinda trashy
do you put lotion on her when you change her for the day?
i use desitin and baby powder on her and noticed that the only diapers that didn't give her a rash was the costco brand -i hope this helps
April 19th, 2010, 12:47 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Eczema can be such a pain. DS has it and I've noticed Jillian seems to have a bit.

As far as for the diaper area let her have as much diaper free time as possible. It's good for it to air out because the moisture will just make it itch more. Just lay her on a towel or something in case she pees or poops (try to time it for after she poops so you can avoid some mess).

Eucerin never helped much for DS but the Aveeno body wash and lotion seems to help. We also have a prescription cream.

Is she on any solids yet? It could be an allergic reaction to something (a new food or something you've eaten and she got through your milk).

April 19th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I don't remember where I read it, but breastmilk can be used to help w treat the eczema. I wish I had more suggestions. I would see the doc for a Rx.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 19th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ2 View Post
Eczema can be such a pain. DS has it and I've noticed Jillian seems to have a bit.

As far as for the diaper area let her have as much diaper free time as possible. It's good for it to air out because the moisture will just make it itch more. Just lay her on a towel or something in case she pees or poops (try to time it for after she poops so you can avoid some mess).

Eucerin never helped much for DS but the Aveeno body wash and lotion seems to help. We also have a prescription cream.

Is she on any solids yet? It could be an allergic reaction to something (a new food or something you've eaten and she got through your milk).
no she is not on solids yet but i have giving her a taste of some baby food but that was once and about 1wk ago. I havent ate anything out of the ordinary that would make me think she could be allergic to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaDucks View Post
I don't remember where I read it, but breastmilk can be used to help w treat the eczema. I wish I had more suggestions. I would see the doc for a Rx.
Mmm.. do i express some and rub it on her itchy skin

i have an appt tomarow for her , ill have to ask about that. never heard of it.

April 19th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
thats what I read, lemme find it..

Quote:
Acne/Eczema/Diaper rash: Breast milk can help to clear up these nasty skin disorders. All you need to do is to wash the infected area of the skin with clean water, and then you can apply the breast milk all over the infected area. You should then let the milk air-dry.
(quote from page 2: Breast Milk and Its Many Uses - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com)

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 19th, 2010, 06:14 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'd try the breast milk. It may not help but it certainly won't hurt any!

April 19th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Welcome to my world of eczema.. The itching part of it sucks.. My son has to have socks on his hands at all times or he'll rip his skin off..

A.J has had severe eczema since was 3 months old.. I will admit, I did laugh at trying breast milk.. I doubt that would work in my sons case.. Not even steroid creams worked (I was vary conservative with them though) I guess BM would work best on normal dry skin. But as you already know, there is no cure for eczema.. The trick is to try to calm it down.. So far what works for us is Vanicream (with a pump) for his body that doesn't not have dry patches, but this helps prevent the the eczema from coming back. I did find a product that has helped out for his face and head.. It's called Triple cream.. I just apply every hour.. Just like Vanicream, this Triple cream is hard to find.. I did find a small tube at Target (the last one of course) but they do sell it in big tubs, but I've only found it online.

http://www.amazon.com/Triple-Cream-Dry-Skin-Eczema/dp/B000ZIVMNG

Amazon.com: Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream 16 oz (453 g): Beauty

You can try a little bit of hydrocortisone (ask the doctor of course) and if that doesn't help, maybe a prescription steroid cream, like Desonide ointment or Aclovate..

As for the diaper area.. I like Triple Paste.. I just slather it on..

Amazon.com: Triple Paste Medicated Ointment for Diaper Rash 16 oz (453 g): Health & Personal Care

I also give Probiotics, this has helped out a bit since it's promotes intestinal health..

Amazon.com: Jarrow Baby's Jarro Dophilus: Health & Personal Care

Natural Treatments for Eczema

You can find this at Super Supplements.. It's actually on sale right now.. You can mix it with food or formula. it's just 1/4 teaspoon a day. Just make sure that the food or formula is not too warm..

I hope this helps and good luck..

Edit:

If you do buy Vanicream, get it with a pump because it's preservative free and free of chemicals, etc.. Using the pump will prevent bacteria getting into the lotion.. And as for sleep, we still swaddle A.J.. Swaddling prevents him from rubbing/scratching his face and body..

With eczema, you may have to try different kinds of products to find what works for your little one..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; April 19th, 2010 at 09:41 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search