Pet peeves

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2010, 12:57 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
We all have them! What are your biggest pet peeves?

1. People who use "retard" as an insult. It's highly offensive to many people and it makes me sad when people use it. I've used it in the past and I cringe thinking about it now and I'll never say it again.

2. People who scrape their fork on their teeth. *shudder*

3. People who turn with no turn signal and people who drive under the speed limit for no reason.

April 19th, 2010, 01:01 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes i have the same pet peeve but the pet peeve is myself! i used to use the word all the time and it occaisonally slips out still. i am really working on that one. I hate myself when it does. there is a woman at my curves who has a disabled son and some other woman used the word the other day and even though it rolled off her shoulders (it seemed to anyways) i could still tell that it HURT her.

pet peeves..when family asks really personal questions or who try to interfere with your lifestyle choices, esp when they are not dangerous or bad. let me live my life thanks!

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

April 19th, 2010, 01:10 PM
^It can be a hard habit to break and it's one that I think a lot of people don't realize how hurtful it can be. It's good that you're trying to change it. That says a lot about you!

Ugh and I hate when people get in your personal business! Drives me crazy.

April 19th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
dirty dishes in the sink before I go to bed or when I get up in the morning

kitchen cabinets/drawers left open

kids that push/shove/swear at the playground

when parents don't take care of their own kids

I have more but thats all I can think of ATM

oh and parents who push their beliefs on me

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 19th, 2010, 01:52 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaDucks View Post
dirty dishes in the sink before I go to bed or when I get up in the morning

kitchen cabinets/drawers left open

kids that push/shove/swear at the playground

when parents don't take care of their own kids

I have more but thats all I can think of ATM

oh and parents who push their beliefs on me

haha be glad you arent married to ME!!!!
i also dislike when parents push their beliefs on me. kind of goes with what i said about letting me live my life!

ooh i thought of another. AlthoughI LOOOOOooooOOOOOooooVE doggies, I hate it when people let them bark excessively in the backyard.

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

April 19th, 2010, 02:17 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Adults who stoop to the level of 8 year olds.

People who don't obey road rules.

People with huge egos.

Knuckle cracking.

Parents who let their young kids play in the street. Its a street not a playground!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 19th, 2010, 04:53 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
People brushing up against my arm.... ( lightly)

Bad drivers

Overuse of the work "Like" ( "she like when to the store and like.....")

Hearing people crunch ice

Seeing people chew gum like a cow.

April 19th, 2010, 05:40 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bad drivers, I get so irritated and worked up. Is it so hard to GO when the light turns green? Do do NOT need to wait for a certain shade of green. Your car comes with blinkers for a reason, use them!!

People who don't buckle their kids up. Omg, I get so ticked off!!

Bible bangers who feel the need to try to convert me. Seriously, leave me alone. This goes for the door to door crap too. Along with this goes the hypocritical bible bangers. So it's not ok for someone to be gay, but it's ok for you to drink your BOX of wine and then drive home. Nice. (Cough cough my FIL cough cough)

Welfare suckers! If you don't actually NEED it, then don't! If you do need it, by all means, that's why it's there. But people who cheat the system, drives me nuts!

People who take up two parking spots. Thanks JERK!!

I'll agree with whoever said loud gum chewers. So annoying!!

People who talk during a movie! If you want to talk, stay home and wait for the DVD!!

People who allow their kids to do whatever/whenever. Your job is to be their parent, not their friend. Being their friend comes AFTER they are grown, that's your reward for being a good parent.

Again, whoever said dogs that are allowed to bark all the time. We've got "Yippy and Yappy" right across the street that bark 24/7.

The people who drive around the carts at Walmart because they are too fat to walk. Leave them for the people who NEED them.

George Bush

People who text while driving. It's just as bad as drinking while driving! And that goes for the idiots who do the 1000 other things I've seen them doing, make up, shaving, READING. Pull over!!!

Ok.. I'm done for now.

April 19th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I swear Paula we must be soul mates! I agree with every one of those.

I went to the grocery store the other day and this jerk took up 2 spots on purpose. The store was super busy for some reason and there weren't really any other parking spots. So I squeezed in next to him! I'd love to have seen the look on his face when he came back and his precious truck was practically blocked in. If you want to do stuff like that go park way way out where no one else parks. I wasn't lugging my baby that far in the cold rain just because you're an idiot.

April 19th, 2010, 05:50 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
The people who drive around the carts at Walmart because they are too fat to walk. Leave them for the people who NEED them.
I've only ever seen 2 or 3 people who weren't elderly in those things. For some reason they made me want to tell them that maybe if they walked they wouldn't be too fat to walk.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 19th, 2010, 06:20 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellieB View Post
Adults who stoop to the level of 8 year olds

Knuckle cracking.
I crack my knuckles, wrists, knees, toes, ankles, neck and back. so nah nah nah nah.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 19th, 2010, 06:47 PM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll just post a few...

-people who excessive use word, to fill the gap in between other word OR for lack of education of better suited words (ie.. umm, like, yea, etc)

-people who try to prove a point when typing, yet use horrible grammar and punctuation, in what seems to be a formal setting. (me, when I type 9 times out of 10 I use horrible grammar and punctuation, but it irks me)

-I can't stand when someone has diarrhea of the mouth JUST to hear them selves talk, or type for that matter

-and people who think they KNOW IT ALL, seriously shut up, your car is not faster than mine, just because you have more kids than me you can NOT tell me how to raise mine and the list goes on!

April 19th, 2010, 07:07 PM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
I crack my knuckles, wrists, knees, toes, ankles, neck and back. so nah nah nah nah.

ewww my husband cracks his back, and its even worse when he asks me to crack it for him!

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search