I caved.

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I just gave Bailey a bottle. I nursed her w/o a problem at 3:30, come 5 she was rooting and fussing so I went to feed her again and she just wouldn't, pulling the latching and unlatching and fussing act all over again. After a half hour of this I caved. I made her a bottle and now she is super content in her swing. I am starting to feel like a failure. The nurse on call said it sounds like she is weaning. I know she is not. I know this is temporary. She nursed fine all day today for the 1st time since Wednesday. I am just so tired of hearing my baby girl cry. I don't mind typical baby crying, then fixing whatever it is making her cry, but this... I trie holding her, rocking her, walking with her, putting her in the swing, exersaucer, on her playmat, having the boys play with/hold her.. nothing stops her crying when she gets like this, except a bottle I have found out just now.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 19th, 2010, 03:21 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 19th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
never mind about the contentment. She is crying again.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 19th, 2010, 03:47 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh sweetie. Crying like that gets to me too. I wish there was something I could do from here to help you. Even if it was just to take her for a walk for you to give you a break.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 19th, 2010, 04:48 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You sure its not teething? Maybe give her some teething tabs and see if it helps???

April 19th, 2010, 05:48 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm sorry. I've been going through similar stuff and I know how rough it can be. I really hope that it's just teething and that a tooth pops through soon so she gets back to her normal self. Hang in there!

April 19th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope its teething. Unfortunately my husband just got home so I can't get anything until tomorrow afternoon. Chewing on toys and cold teething rings aren't helping.

I wish I knew for sure. My boys never showed any teething signs, they were always happy and content when their teeth popped through She was happy as a clam from 7 to bedtime.

April 19th, 2010, 06:04 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to say teething too. Which is why she might like the bottle nipple right now, because of the rubber to it.
Have you tried some tylenol? I've definately dealt with my fair share of Abby crying and it's really hard to handle continuously.

April 19th, 2010, 06:08 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
it could be a nursing strike, if it is you can make it through it and continue with your bf relationship. it will take some work though.

kelly mom nursing strike

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 19th, 2010, 06:29 PM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
{{Hugs}} It'll be ok. And you're right your baby is not weaning! Babies do NOT wean before a year old, no matter what anyone says. If i child weaned before a year there were circumstances that led up to it (nursing strike, solid foods, illness, ect)

Catie's been the same way lately. Acting like she's hungry, but then not wanting to nurse when I offer it. I know how frustrating it can be. She must have been really hungry today, because she ate 4 tablespoons of solid foods at meal time. This is the most she's eaten, normally she only eats 2 tablespoons. Plus after the 4 tablespoons she drank down 2oz of formula!

Do you think it's a growth spurt? I wonder if Catie's going through one. But on the other hand they just might be distracted by the world around them.

April 19th, 2010, 07:34 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs!

April 19th, 2010, 09:49 PM
elsi2009's Avatar Veteran
I wonder if babies prefer bottles as the sucking is easier. When my LO was younger I supplemented her giving bottles sometimes and she started crying when I tried BF sometimes, sounded like angry, latch, unlatch, ( I also thought she was going into a nursing strike ) complain etc. But she also was gassy, especially during BF, she seemed to have trouble with gas. She rarely has bottles now and seems to prefer BF now!
I hope Bailey is doing better soon! Here`s an article on distraction kellymom.com :: The Distractible Baby
My LO recently cried and nothing really helped exept watching TV, She was doing better after having watched the Baby Einstein, but I really try to avoid putting her in front of the TV

Last edited by elsi2009; April 19th, 2010 at 09:53 PM.
April 20th, 2010, 08:25 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Could be teething. I am going through some of that with Xander but he won't take a bottle either

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 20th, 2010, 01:40 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i thought i heard that when babies are teething they may refuse to eat?

i hope its that!

as a FF mom, i must say 6 months of BF is NOT a failure, give yourself a break!!!! this too shall pass and she will probably BF just fine again. can you pump?

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

April 21st, 2010, 05:55 AM
Veteran
That really sucks!! I agree. She isn't weaning. I think it has to do with the sucking and how it feels for her right now. Kadence isn't teething, but with my boys it was awful!! They were bottle fed, but they would refuse that too because the sucking did not feel good to them. They more liked eating solid food then because they liked chewing on the spoon. I bet she likes the way the bottle nipple feels on her gums because it's harder. If Kadence refuses to nurse, I have to stand up and nurse her while swaying back in forth. It's difficult, but for some reason it calms her down enough to eat. I hope it gets better soon. I can't imagine how frustrated you are!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search