What do you do during the day??

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2010, 11:16 AM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm just wondering what you ladies do with your LO's during the day. I'm running out of things and to be quite honest, I think I'm missing working a LOT. I hate to admit that, because I know I'm lucky to be able to be a SAHM, but it seems a bit boring and sort of like the movie Ground Hog Day. It's the same thing every single day. Breakfast, bath, dress, nap, lunch..... That sounds so horrible for me to say! I feel crappy for saying it, but it's true. Any suggestions to get me out of this rut?
April 21st, 2010, 12:33 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I understand how you feel. It'll get better as Isabella gets older and you can do more things with her. Check around your area to see if there is a local mom's group or something. Once Isabella is older you'll be able to take her to play more in the park or do more playdate kind of stuff.

Try to plan one special thing a week or something just to break things up a bit. Go out to lunch or shopping. Take Isabella for some nice longs walks!

April 21st, 2010, 12:37 PM
Oh, we walk everyday. But lately she gets fussy even on walks! I try in her stroller, in her Bjorn and sometimes just carrying her, but she still fusses after a little while. I think that's part of my problem too. She's going through a fussy spell lately. I tried finding a local moms group, but the only thing I can find is a stroller group that you have to pay for and I'm into having to pay to make friends. LOL And most of the groups are for older kids. I'm sure I'm just going through a phase and it'll pass.
April 21st, 2010, 01:36 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
the mom group i went to was at a birthing center. you could try that.

i've been buying echo toys for me, i mean erm her, to play with.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 21st, 2010, 02:30 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I ditto the mom's group. Hmm...are you on facebook? I found a few local groups by me through facebook and there is always meetup.com. There is usually all kinds of free groups for moms on there. Good luck...and I understand the fussy phase, been having that a lot here this week. It will get better, just hang in there
April 21st, 2010, 02:35 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Toys are a great idea! If you have the $. If not, check on Freecycle, or yard/consignment sales for inexpensive things. You can also let her play with all kinds of things around the house, kitchen utensils, clothes in the closet, empty boxes, mirrors, etc. Let her bang on a pot with spoons or set up some type of music station w/ CDs to hear and instruments one time a day. Same with outside- going on nature walks, pick up sticks, sit in the grass, make a pile of rocks. She could sit by you while you do laundry and talk about colors of clothes and do peek-a-boo. You could do a book theme or animal each week and try to find books or activites to talk about with her on the theme.

Local libraries often have infant-toddler storytimes. Hugo started going 1x a week last year and now Sergio goes with him.

I envy you in a way b/c I got to know Hugo so well and now that I have 2 I feel like I don't spend as much quality one-on-one time with Sergio and it's hard to create opportunities for just him. Enjoy it b/c yes it's monotonous but it goes by fast.

April 21st, 2010, 02:51 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been having the same problem. We do the same stuff all the time and it's getting old. His new favorite thing to do is whine. He doesn't want to be in the stroller, be held, or on the ground... he really just wants to get into stuff (luckily not crawling quite yet... Im gonna have my hands full!).

I'm looking forward to spending more time outside. We've talked to some other moms at the park while he swings, so I bet once it's warmer out that will be easier. He's also signed up for a baby swim class at the Y, so I'm hoping we can meet some more local people that way. I'd like to do a story time thing too (more for me). The whole paying to get into a group definitely does not appeal to me either!

April 21st, 2010, 03:36 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most of our activities are focused around Jassie right now. We do a lot of just sitting on the floor and playing, singing and talking.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 21st, 2010, 05:08 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I work but on the weekends we go outside and all.

Good luck and I hope you get out of the rut

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 21st, 2010, 07:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I am newly a SAHM, and I got bored quick. I go to my moms on M, W, and F while Thomas is in school, go to my BFF's house for a play date once a week (her kids are 3 and 9 mos) and now that its ncer out we hit the park 1-2x a week.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 21st, 2010, 08:22 PM
Peytonsmomma
I work two days a week and love it, i put her in her walker, let her play with toys, there is this dvd by sights and sounds that she LOVES!!!! it's a bit of heaven for me!
April 22nd, 2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the ideas ladies. I think I was just having an extremely off day yesterday. Today was much better!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search