carseat advice needed

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2010, 04:26 PM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
front seat up a lot (no way DH would be able to drive). We also tried out Britax Roundabout 50 and Britax Boulevard in the car. Both fit nicely and we didn't need to adjust the drivers seat at all. DH is leaning toward the roundabout since it's like $100 cheaper (money is a big issue. We don't have it LOL! The carseat money we do have was given to us by our church. We have $220 if that helps.) I know the roundabout goes up to 50lbs, but the boulevard up to 65. How many babies actually stay in the seats that long? Do a lot of them outgrow the height first? Beside the extended weight what makes the boulevard worth spending the extra $100 that we don't have LOL!

Also nothing to do with safety, but do you know where i can get the roundabout or boulevard in a pretty girl print. All BRU had was gray or blue fabric. This is my 4th girl and I want a girly print. I never had girl fabric with my other daughters.

April 25th, 2010, 05:11 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have an evenflo for Breana don't have one yet for Xander.

If you don't have the $100 I say don't go for it unless you save for it.

Have you tried garage sales or even consignment/goodwills?

Good Luck

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 25th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
i get lots of things 2nd hand, but carseats are one thing i won't. You just never know if that person was in a car accident or not. Thanks anyway.

April 25th, 2010, 05:18 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
There are lots of good seats out there for the money you have to spend. If you don't have the extra 100 to spend for the more expensive seat I wouldn't worry about it at all as they are both good seats and there are other great seats on the market.

Check the car seat safety board because they have lots of reviews about different seats there and even some that tell you what seats work best in a smaller car if space is an issue.

April 25th, 2010, 05:52 PM
i can't find the carseat board. I keep scrolling up and down the message boards, but i seem to be missing it

April 25th, 2010, 07:02 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
they say that more money does not equal a better carseat, its just whatever carseat works well for you and your family. if this is the seat that works for you, try babiesrus.com or amazon.com. with something as expensive as a carseat, you can usually get free shipping.

ps someone i know who money is no object has a britax and likes it fine, but she likes evenflo better. she bought the safetyfirst air and hated it and likes the evenflo cause its softer on the head side impact things.

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

Last edited by mrscheriezach; April 25th, 2010 at 07:04 PM.
April 25th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
heres the car seat board: Car Seat Safety - JustMommies Message Boards

I have never seen a baby out grow the height 1st.. Personally I would go with the least expensive of the two

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 25th, 2010, 08:00 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd go with the one that goes to 50 pounds. I guess the question would be if you want to get her a booster seat down the road or not. I think that would be the difference between the weights. Either one is a great seat.

April 25th, 2010, 08:24 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Why does it have to be Britax? Because of the name? Evenflo had the safest carseat stats and is WAY cheaper!

April 26th, 2010, 06:55 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I agree with the Evenflo. I love ours. They are highly rated for safety (just as good as Britax) and yet they are softer and much more comfortable looking.

DS has been in his Evenflo since he was 7 months and he's almost 3! It RF until 30lbs and can be used until 50lbs so he won't need another seat before it's time for a booster type seat.

I think I'm going to get the same type of seat for Jillian.

April 26th, 2010, 08:51 AM
i ordered the car seat. I decided to go with what i wanted, and what i wanted was a Britax. With all of my girls I've wanted one, and have never been able to afford it. Someone gave us $220 and so we had the money. I ordered a marathon in a girl fabric for $169.99. I've read reviews on it and the positives far out way the negatives. I like that it's a skinner looking seat. They fit nice in my van. It's already a pain fitting the infant carrier and 2 booster seats plus Ashleigh. I just hate wide looking seats (like most of the Evenflo or Graco seats that I've seen). You may think that I'm a terrible mom because I'm not buying the seat with the highest r/f limit (and I've gotten that impression from people, not necessarily on this board) but why buy something if you're not going to be 100% happy with it.

April 26th, 2010, 09:40 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Woohoo! I'm excited for you. I'd do to same thing. You were given money for the seat, so why not spend it? You're going to love it!

April 26th, 2010, 10:19 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you got the one you want.

i am sorry if you have felt people giving you grief here. I hope that wasnt' the case!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 26th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Peytonsmomma
Britax has the highest safety ratings, i did alot of research before purchasing hers she currently has the cowmooflage one by britax i got it off of craigslist brand new for a $100, and she loves it!! it's super comfortable, very easy to get in the car and doesn't take up that much room! i'm glad you got the one you wanted!!
April 26th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I'm glad you got what you wanted and for such a great price. Just make sure your child is properly restrained.. One of my Navy Co-workers had a Britax and she was involved in a really bad accident, her car rolled over multiple times.. Her 1 year old son was in the back RF in a Britax but she didn't have the straps properly tighten and when the chest clip broke her son was thrown out of the car and the only reason why he survived was because she knew CPR.. Even the great Britax can fail if it's not used right..

I've heard great things about Evenflo.. I personally like the Recaro Signo.. I have 4 seats.. I got them on sale for $200.. Saved $100.. And this will be the only seat I will need to buy since it goes up to 70 lbs and 50 inches or up to 8 years old..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; April 26th, 2010 at 11:35 PM.
April 27th, 2010, 09:31 PM
rachelwilber's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rachelwilber
I didn't read all the responds but We got a Britax Marathon for 169.99 free shipping and no tax at AlbeeBaby where you can find all your Baby needs! Strollers, Car Seats, Highchairs, Baby Carriers, Bouncers, Toys, Activity Gyms, Potty Seats, $100 Gift Certificate$50 Gift CertificateActivity Gyms & ArchesAngel Line - 513 High ChairAvent - 4 oz Bott

Just thought I would share since you don't have much money to spend.

April 27th, 2010, 09:37 PM
rachelwilber's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rachelwilber
Now I see that you got a one. Probably the same one I have I love it. If it is I called the company that I got it from and asked when it was made and it was made in Feb 2010. So it should last us a good long time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search