Beach Baby (pictures)

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Took Addison to the beach overnight.
She LOVED her toes in the sand but wasn't to sure about the bright sun.
I DID have a hat on her and sunscreen ... but took it off for a few pictures.
Glad I did ... I love this ... even if she isn't smiling !

This was later that night on our way home.
We stopped to visit Great Grandma Jo (who just turned 92) and told her all about our first time at the beach. Addi was too happy to sit and babble to her.

Last edited by Blondn6ft; April 25th, 2010 at 08:45 PM.
April 26th, 2010, 05:18 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cute Picutres.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 26th, 2010, 05:39 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
cute! no need to explain to anyone your hat and sunscreen has someone actually asked you anything about that? lol! soooooo cute and i just love the pics...the beach one is so clear and pretty and the family one is precious

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

April 26th, 2010, 05:40 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Great pics! I can't wait to take Jillian to the beach!

April 26th, 2010, 05:47 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, I love your little beach baby! She always makes me smile!

April 26th, 2010, 06:34 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
she is such a cutie patootie!

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 26th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
that 1st picture is gorgeous!

I have to say that second photo made me a bit emotional, my nana was my BFF, I have tons of pictures of her with Thomas. When Collin was born she had just been admitted to the hospital and past a way a few weeks later, never getting to even meet Collin. Now when I see babies w their great grandparents it breaks my heart that my Collin and Bailey never had a chance to know nana

sorry for the rambling.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 26th, 2010, 08:34 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love them! Both of those are priceless!

April 26th, 2010, 10:32 AM
sunkissed_beachbabe's Avatar Veteran
Awww look how happy the two of them are....Priceless!!!

April 26th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscheriezach View Post
cute! no need to explain to anyone your hat and sunscreen has someone actually asked you anything about that? lol! soooooo cute and i just love the pics...the beach one is so clear and pretty and the family one is precious
Believe it or not ... 2 people made comments to me when I posted this on FB !
No one here ... so I thought I'd throw in the disclaimer !
I'm almost full blooded Irish ... do people really think I am going to NOT cover up my daughter the first time out in the sun ? ! Sheshhhhhh !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaDucks View Post
that 1st picture is gorgeous!

I have to say that second photo made me a bit emotional, my nana was my BFF, I have tons of pictures of her with Thomas. When Collin was born she had just been admitted to the hospital and past a way a few weeks later, never getting to even meet Collin. Now when I see babies w their great grandparents it breaks my heart that my Collin and Bailey never had a chance to know nana

sorry for the rambling.
Ramble away ... I totally understand.
We had some really iffy momments with Grandma while I was preggo.
I kept telling her she needed to stick around for Addi's sake.
My Grandpa passed away in 2007 before Tommy and I got married and
I missed him terribly at our wedding. I thanked him in the delivery room for keeping a watchful eye over everything ... then I bawled ... because I wanted him here to hold her.
She also has Great Grandparents in CT ... we are hoping to travel there this Spring/Summer so she can meet them at least once.

April 26th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
she is adorable and I put sunscreen on Elise and she still got a little burnt at the zoo so no need to explain here

April 26th, 2010, 04:38 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Adorable pics!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 27th, 2010, 06:21 PM
xoleaxo's Avatar Veteran
man oh man, she's such a cutie!! you've inspired me to finally upload all my pics off my camera

i know how (for lack of a better word) annoying people can be about scolding/giving unwanted advice about babies in the sun. i get it all the time.. do people seriously think we don't have all of this covered already?!

ps- does Addison have any aloha wear yet?? lmk..

April 27th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleaxo View Post
man oh man, she's such a cutie!! you've inspired me to finally upload all my pics off my camera

ps- does Addison have any aloha wear yet?? lmk..
Get those pics posted girlie !
She has one dress ... waiting for a nice day to get pictures of her in it.
Need more aloha wear that's for sure!
Can't have enough !!

April 28th, 2010, 06:04 AM
elsi2009's Avatar Veteran
I think it`s still a bit too early for the babies to really enjoy the beach right now. Although it is so nice to show them parks and beaches, and also they are so cute at that age.
She obviously enjoys talking to Grandma more than being at the beach? She`s yery cute!
We were at the beach too, today as we are in Spain right now ( visiting Grandma, too ). My pediatrician told me not to use sunscreen yet and keep her covered all the time, so we'll wait for next year to play at the beach with her. The doctor said okay to use sunscreen at the age of 1 year. But there seem to be different opinions on use of sunscreen and age.

edit: in order to avoid speculations I would probably leave the hat on when taking a photo of her in the sun!
but depending on time, the sun might not be that bright anymore, in the evening for example.

Last edited by elsi2009; April 28th, 2010 at 06:13 AM.
April 28th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsi2009 View Post
I think it`s still a bit too early for the babies to really enjoy the beach right now. Although it is so nice to show them parks and beaches, and also they are so cute at that age.
She obviously enjoys talking to Grandma more than being at the beach? She`s yery cute!
We were at the beach too, today as we are in Spain right now ( visiting Grandma, too ). My pediatrician told me not to use sunscreen yet and keep her covered all the time, so we'll wait for next year to play at the beach with her. The doctor said okay to use sunscreen at the age of 1 year. But there seem to be different opinions on use of sunscreen and age.

edit: in order to avoid speculations I would probably leave the hat on when taking a photo of her in the sun!
but depending on time, the sun might not be that bright anymore, in the evening for example.

Um ... just for info
* It was 10:30 am ... not high afternoon sun
* She did enjoy the beach ... wiggled her toes in the sand, grabing handfulls of sand and dumping it on her feet ... even picking up driftwood that was nearby
* The hat was removed for about 30 seconds so I could get her face in the picture
* The Pedi said sunscreen at 6 months was fine
* Just in case you didn't notice ... she is in long sleeves and a long pants (can't see those)

I guess I felt the need to defend myself here ... I took your post as a dig as to what I did or didn't do correct with my daughter.

This is 2 dementional here ... so forgive me if I read into your post.

I am almost 75% Irish and have skin cancer in the family ... the last thing I will do is put my daughter's skin (health) at risk.

Did I miss something here ?

April 28th, 2010, 01:03 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
this is a thread where Robin has shared pics of her daughter. it is not an open invitation to teach her about the sun. no offense to the poster but it does sound like a dig and i would have taken it personal as well. it isnt our business anyways, its not like there is anything bad going on in the picture. can we just let Robin share her photos in peace

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

April 28th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondn6ft View Post

I guess I felt the need to defend myself here ... I took your post as a dig as to what I did or didn't do correct with my daughter.
nope, I was thinking of using sunscreen too, I was more afraid Jasmin would try to eat the sand or so
Good to hear she liked the beach! I like the idea when they can play more actively there. So sorry for that!
April 29th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondn6ft View Post
* The hat was removed for about 30 seconds so I could get her face in the picture
I assumed that, but I can image that people might comment on it.

I don`t think there's a huge difference in risk between
a.) using sunscreen and having baby covered as much as possible and being at the beach for a while
b.) using sunscreen and having baby covered as much as possible and having a 30 sec photo shoot without the hat at the beach
c.) not going to the beach

I was thinking about baby and beach, when I saw this photo of Kim Kardashian in In Touch Magazine http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4072/...cdaa0ab736.jpg a while ago
April 29th, 2010, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscheriezach View Post
this is a thread where Robin has shared pics of her daughter. it is not an open invitation to teach her about the sun. no offense to the poster but it does sound like a dig and i would have taken it personal as well. it isnt our business anyways, its not like there is anything bad going on in the picture. can we just let Robin share her photos in peace
Blondn6ft mentioned 2 people asking on FB for sun protection ( if I understand correctly) and she made a disclaimer on having the baby covered up in another post here before I commented, so the thread was not only about sharing photos anymore. Probably I should have quoted.

Last edited by elsi2009; April 29th, 2010 at 01:17 AM.
Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search