so how many babies..

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2010, 11:02 AM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
are sleeping through the night?

Jordan had his 6 month checkup today and the pedi said since my son is not we should start having him CIO or he never will.. I don't think I could do it!

So I was wondering how many babies are still getting up at night...

April 28th, 2010, 11:11 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Abby does, but I do agree that if you don't sleep train him now, you'll have a heck of a time with it!

April 28th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Addi sleeps from around 8/9 pm through to 5am
Takes a bottle at 5am and goes back out until 8/9 am !!
She has been doing this since about 3 months old !
We are blessed in the sleep area!
However ... I still stare at the monitor all night waiting for "something" to happen, so I still don't sleep worth a darn ... hahahaaa

April 28th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Veteran
Kadence hasn't since she was 3 months. I don't know if I could let her cry it out and I don't think I've even thought about letting her. It never occurred to me that it could affect how she sleeps in the long term. She wakes up at least once, usually twice to eat.
April 28th, 2010, 12:04 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
i'm not a fan of CIO...

peyton has a hard time staying asleep...so we will be working on a "gentle" approach...i have a couple books i'm reading now...
April 28th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Peytonsmomma
Peyton just finally after 6 1/2 months started sleeping through the whole night CIO did not work for me that was 2 weeks of horrible crying all night long and she didn't wear herself out-just cried
April 28th, 2010, 01:27 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CIO isn't just allowing them to scream for hours on end. It's training them to sleep better. It's letting them fuss for as long as needed (Fuss, NOT cry). If they are crying, 15 minutes at a time. Then you check then and soothe them, and try again.
The longest any of my girls have cried is about 45 minutes and that was with checking on them 3 times. They are all 3 excellent sleepers now. Abby sleeps 7:30 pm - 7:30-8am.

April 28th, 2010, 02:37 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brandon still gets up at least once a night and I know it is because he is hungry so I nurse and back to bed he goes. He actually falls asleep on the boob. Last night though he didn't get up.

I would let him cry like fuss but not screaming his head off for a little while to see if he calms down.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 28th, 2010, 04:55 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lucy sleeps through most nights. I am another one who is very against any sort of cio. Its still normal for them to be waking at night for a while yet. If they are waking and crying then they clearly have reason to (hunger, cold, hot ect...)

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 28th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Miles' Mommy's Avatar Happy 1st time mom
Send a message via AIM to Miles' Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Miles' Mommy
Sleeping through the night is touch and go. Most nights he wakes up once to eat around midnight. Some nights it's twice (usually the nights he goes to bed early). It's been much better now that his teeth popped threw and he will take his bink again. Nothing like 4 teeth coming in back to back.
DH and I take turns when he's fussy. We give him his bink and check on him. Most of the time he goes right back to sleep. If he wont take the bink we try to let him just fall back to sleep. Though most of the time it goes from fussing to crying. So I end up feeding him and rocking him back to sleep.

April 28th, 2010, 07:15 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
T sleeps through. 7-7 if she takes 3 naps and 6:15pm-7am if she only takes two.
April 28th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Most of the time he does. I don't do CIO either, but on those times when he does wake up I don't rush in until I hear he is really awake. I try not to take him out of the crib though. I change him, give him his paci, and rub his belly. I did this with Ava too. I don't want him to think it's playtime.
April 28th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
the pedi I saw told me to let Bailey CIO as well, especially since she had been STTN for so long then suddenly stopped. I'd rather just take her to bed w me and put her on the boob and go back to sleep than listen to her cry.

I never let my boys CIO and they both started STTN at 6 weeks (as did bailey but that all changed at 5.5 mos) The both sleep great, go to bed at 8:30 8:45, thomas gets up between 730 and 830 and collin between 830 and 930

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 28th, 2010, 09:36 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
It's still perfectly normal for them to not sleep through the night at this age. I don't know if I could bring myself to go back to a Dr that told me to start doing CIO.

I've had a long talk with our family doctors (there are 2 in the practice) and neither of them support CIO.

I won't get into it anymore than that because I don't want to start a debate but if you want info on not CIO feel free to PM me!

April 28th, 2010, 11:29 PM
elsi2009's Avatar Veteran
I would tell the doctor of the high cortisol levels during CIO, it is still controversial and controlled crying too, not only from psychological point of view, but also from medical point of view. And yes, it is normal not to sleep through the night at that age (at least 30% which don`t sleep through @6 months or so. I personally would wait and see When can my baby start sleeping through the night? | BabyCenter )
Jasmin sleeps through the night without waking sometimes, but often she wakes 1 -3 times a night and needs to be nursed ( well - I also go to the refrigerator sometimes during night to eat a little bit, especially when I didn`t eat a lot during the day )

Last edited by elsi2009; April 28th, 2010 at 11:32 PM.
April 29th, 2010, 05:59 AM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
yea.. definitely not for us.. I let him cry for a few minutes last night and then poked my head in to put my mind at ease cause I hated just leaving him there crying and well now he gets on his hands and knees and rocks... he was doing that and banging his head into the crib rail.. never again!

April 29th, 2010, 06:07 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
i'd like to know what your doctor considers sleeping through the night. If he means 7pm-7am then no Catie does not sleep through the night. If he means 5+ hours a night, then yeah she is . Last night Catie went to bed at 8:30pm woke up at 4:30am to nurse and was up for the day around 7am.

also keep in mind do you sleep completely through the night? I don't there are times i have to get up to use the bathroom or get a drink of water. So i don't expect my kids to sleep 12 hours straight at night without waking.

April 29th, 2010, 06:37 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
i also don't do cio. echo has good nights and bad nights. buy hey, so do i.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 29th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Elise sort of sleeps through the night she doesn't go 12hrs but she goes 8 to 10hrs 1st strech and then goes another 2 tp 4 hours. so she still wakes around 4or 5 hungry and goes right back to sleep

April 29th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Veteran
I took Kadence for her 6 month checkup yesterday and that sheet they give you for what they should be doing now said to talk to the dr. if your baby wasn't sleeping through the night yet. I told him she wasn't and he said OK. He was not at all concerned.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search