Guess what I bought myself!!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
An ERGO!! I've wanted one for a couple of months, and I found one used for $60. They run $110 here, so it's a good deal. It's in awesome shape, hardly used at all. Woohoo!! I can't wait to try it out.

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for this beautiful sig!

April 28th, 2010, 11:51 AM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want one too but don't have the money to spend on one right now.

April 28th, 2010, 11:52 AM
~*Kel*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Kel*~
That is great! I want one too but I don't have the money either.

April 28th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Laura353's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AWWWWW YEAH!!!! You gangsta now.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

April 28th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
i got mine about a month ago, bought it new but mom paid half for me for an early mother's day present

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 28th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
MAN I wish I would have known you wanted one. I want to sell mine!!!

April 28th, 2010, 12:19 PM
~*Kel*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Kel*~
How much Lyz out of curiosity?

April 28th, 2010, 03:10 PM
JT_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Laurie is trying to sell hers too, unless she already did. I think she wanted what she paid, $75.
April 28th, 2010, 06:32 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
How are they different than a Bjorn? I love our Bjorn. If it's simliar or better I will buy one.

April 28th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have a Bjorn, but I looked them up and they look similar to the Snugli (which I really don't like! Maybe they aren't that similar).

The Ergo is supposed to be very ergonomically designed, and will allow you to carry your baby up to 40lbs. The Bjorn goes to 25lbs. The Ergo was rated one of the top 20 products in the last 20 years by Parenting magazine as well. Drawback is that you can only wear your child facing in, or on your back - so they can't face out like I believe they can in the Bjorn? There is more info at their website: ERGObaby - baby carrier - back pack

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for this beautiful sig!

April 28th, 2010, 06:59 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
I don't have a Bjorn, but I looked them up and they look similar to the Snugli (which I really don't like! Maybe they aren't that similar).

The Ergo is supposed to be very ergonomically designed, and will allow you to carry your baby up to 40lbs. The Bjorn goes to 25lbs. The Ergo was rated one of the top 20 products in the last 20 years by Parenting magazine as well. Drawback is that you can only wear your child facing in, or on your back - so they can't face out like I believe they can in the Bjorn? There is more info at their website: ERGObaby - baby carrier - back pack
Thanks! Brady doesn't like to face in anymore, he's too darn curious. I might try him facing in with the Bjorn a few more times, if he seems ok with it I'll consider getting an Ergo. I love wearing him

April 28th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
love.ergo.

Makes my life much easier. I think I need to order the sucking pads or Saffi's going to gnaw right through the strap

April 28th, 2010, 07:50 PM
jovon_84's Avatar Super Mommy
yea! Slaton and I love his, we use it everyday.

April 29th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Cool! Let me know how you like it. I ordered one awhile back but it is still sitting in Oregon so I haven't tried it. I am worried he won't like it because he only likes to face outward in the Baby Bjorn. I'm thinking the back carry might be good for cleaning stalls, mopping and vacuuming.

Lyz, could you not get Bella to like it? Or is it too complicated to use?

Juli, I think Natalie said the main differences. In the Bjorn, babies always ride on your chest, riding either facing you or outward. In the Ergo, you can do facing you on your chest, a hip side carry, or on your back (but not facing outward). The Ergo is supposed to be better for baby's spine because there is sort of a 'shelf' for them to sit on, and in the Bjorn they are suspended from their crotch. But honestly, I think at 6 months old, they are just fine in either position. I have both of them, but haven't tried the Ergo yet. Jaxon is okay with the Bjorn facing outward for maybe 20 minutes tops and then he wants out. But yeah, my kid is difficult. Takes after his father
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches

Last edited by **jessie**; April 29th, 2010 at 12:48 AM.
April 29th, 2010, 02:27 AM
berryblue031's Avatar Mathias' Super Mommy!
hehe I just bought one too and I love it! I got the chocolate brown organic one and it's sooooo soft and comfy

The ladies asking about the difference to the baby bjorn, when babies hang from the crotch like they do in the bjorn it's actually really unhealthy for their development. With the Ergo they are in a more natural sitting position.

I was also worried about facing in only because he hates facing that way in the baby bjorn but it hasn't been a problem at all in the Ergo he can look to the sides and see all kinds of things, and then best part is I can see him! I love looking down at him and then he turns and looks up at me with a giant smile on his face! Or when he is scared or sleepy he turns in and buries his face in my chest. Which both just make me smoother him in kisses. With the Ergo's sitting position he isn't pulled as tight to my body as he was in the Bjorn which gives him more freedom for looking around and moving his arms all over.

Mathias: Born Nov 10 2009 weighing in at: 9lbs 2oz & 22inches (4150g 54cm)

Anna Elizabeth: Born Aug 24 2012 weighing in at: 8lbs 6oz & 20.5inches (3795g 52cm)

Last edited by berryblue031; April 29th, 2010 at 05:35 AM.
April 29th, 2010, 05:41 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
$60 is a great deal! I'd love to have one, but can't afford the $100 price tag.

May 5th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmond_girl View Post
How are they different than a Bjorn? I love our Bjorn. If it's simliar or better I will buy one.

I have both so I can answer this - the Ergo is easier on my back now that Meg is getting heavier. I have an original Bjorn so I'm not sure if it's the case if you have the Active one. The Ergo is a bit more difficult to get on since you have to buckle something behind your head but once on it's much more comfortable on your shoulders and back, and you can sit down easier. In the Bjorn I always worry about squishing Meg's legs but with the Ergo her legs aren't in the way.

The biggest problem with the Ergo is I can't figure out how to go to the bathroom wearing it, which is convenient if Meg is asleep and I don't want to take her off. She can't see out of it as well as she can the Bjorn yet so I've only been using it at home when she wants to snuggle, but I'll use it more out and about soon.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
May 6th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Bella loves to face out so she's not a fan of facing in. We've used it a hand full of times when she's cranky and doesn't want to be put down. She'll end up falling asleep in it.

I've decided to keep it because my sister took back her bjorn so we need some sort of carrier.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search