Mean Moms Online

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Sadly this is way too common.
We should all be supportive of each others parenting.

Good Morning America on ABC News - ABC News

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 29th, 2010, 04:52 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 29th, 2010, 04:58 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Grown Up Mean Girls: Mom Bullies - ABC News

your link didn't work. lets see if this one will.

echo is fussing. i'll reply more later.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 29th, 2010, 05:58 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
ok i'm back.

i do think that cyber mom bullying is a problem. it does seem like a case of mean girls grown up sometimes. if done in a constructive way though i feel like some things should be said. if i were doing something that could be dangerous for my child i would hope someone would speak up and try to educate me about it. in the end of course it should be assumed that mom knows what is best (except in cases of blatant abuse) for her child.

hope that makes sense. i'm going on 4 hours sleep a night for the last week because a baby i know doesn't feel that more is necessary.

April 29th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Thank you, sorry about that!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 29th, 2010, 09:29 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I work this way - I may not like how you are parenting your child or agree with what you do but who am I to tell you this....it is YOUR child...it is YOUR job to do what you think is right for YOUR child....so I just keep my mouth shut and move on....
April 29th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Peytonsmomma
Mommaducks~ i wrote a little comment about it on FB on your post i have to be careful what i write on there so i'll explain more here
my cousin was the one i was talking about, everyone in the family has given her advice, she's extremely young and her baby is extremely underweight this is where i step in for advice she BF's & FF's which may not seem like a problem but here's the kicker she's nurses him no joke 30 seconds and like alot of babies he falls asleep so instead of flicking your boob or waking him up she just takes him off of the boob and says he's full, and then the next feeding gives him like a oz of formula he's almost 4 months old! every feeding is like that so the baby is SCREAMING all day long b/c he is hungry and then she says he's full b/c he spits it up -umm no that's called a burp, i'm a blunt girl and really have tried to work on that but it irritates me so bad when she posts stuff on her FB about how come he is crying and what should she do??
April 29th, 2010, 12:36 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peytonsmomma View Post
Mommaducks~ i wrote a little comment about it on FB on your post i have to be careful what i write on there so i'll explain more here
my cousin was the one i was talking about, everyone in the family has given her advice, she's extremely young and her baby is extremely underweight this is where i step in for advice she BF's & FF's which may not seem like a problem but here's the kicker she's nurses him no joke 30 seconds and like alot of babies he falls asleep so instead of flicking your boob or waking him up she just takes him off of the boob and says he's full, and then the next feeding gives him like a oz of formula he's almost 4 months old! every feeding is like that so the baby is SCREAMING all day long b/c he is hungry and then she says he's full b/c he spits it up -umm no that's called a burp, i'm a blunt girl and really have tried to work on that but it irritates me so bad when she posts stuff on her FB about how come he is crying and what should she do??
Most babies don't spit up just because they burp. I wonder if maybe he has reflux.

I saw that story yesterday and actually blogged about it too. Having been part of groups like these for a few years now I've seen mean moms. Sometimes I think people don't intend to be mean but it's hard to figure out someone's tone from an online post plus we all get defensive when it comes to our own parenting. However, there are some women who are just intentionally mean and always seem to try to prove that they are the better mom.

April 29th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Peytonsmomma
it's like little spit up, not the reflux kind like when peyton burps and little spit up comes out i don't consider that reflux, she's been to the dr. they've warned her and have been concerned about what she is doing but she doesn't stop, so we just stopped giving her advice
April 29th, 2010, 01:50 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Peytonsmomma,

Could your family pitch in to get a lactation counselor to visit her? Or call your local LLL? She might take advice better from a professional instead of her relatives. I hate to see a baby suffer.

April 29th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Peytonsmomma
ThatGirl~ she refuses to see a lactation consultant, and i know that all the dr.'s she has seen she doesn't listen to anything they say, i know b/c she admits that they are very concerned about her sons weight but she doesn't think there is anything wrong with him... idk he did great when i watched him b/c i fed him like he should be eating!
April 29th, 2010, 02:59 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Having very recently been on the receiving end of these "mean mums" my opinion now is that they are like the high school bully. They simply have low self esteem and do it simply to get a rise out of the person they are picking on. I took the same approach to them as I would have the high school bully. Cut off all contact, which is far easier to do online than IRL. Its now 10 days later and I haven't heard a thing for about 8. I'll admit I'm still on edge that "mean mums" could re-start their little thing against me, but I also know I am a much better person.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 30th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Wow.. I just watched it.. I do agree that people tend to be rude. If I have been, I don't mean too.... Just like what happened to FishySticks.. After being in her situation, I can completely understand what she is going through. She actually helped me get A.J to eat again.. I do feel bad that she got attacked.. Some people don't understand until they are in their situation..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; April 30th, 2010 at 06:37 AM.
April 30th, 2010, 08:22 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It can be hard online. You cant tell tone at all so you dont know if someone is making a pointed comment towards you or just a passing thought that they dont even realize might offend you. Also there is a variety of controversial issues regarding parenting (CIO, rear-facing carseats...etc) where people feel really strongly one way or another. As a mom that is the one thing that surprises me is how defensive I feel if anyone questions a parenting choice I have made, I'm usually fairly laid back but that will get my hackles up in a second...lol.

I also think it is very hard to judge a mom based on online postings. You have no sense of the full picture, what she is going through. I would hate to lose the amazing resources of JM because I felt I was being judged as a bad mother!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search