Any crawlers yet?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Super Mommy
LO is still rocking, actually he moves one leg but has not figured how to move his hands. Rocks on all four, moves one leg then rolls over. They should be crawling by 8 months right? He turns 7 months on Wed.
April 30th, 2010, 11:23 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every baby is different. Ben started army crawling at 5 months and then crawling on all fours at 6 months..he'll be 7 months in a week.
April 30th, 2010, 11:56 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Every baby is different.

brandon isn't crawling yet. Breana didn't start to crawl until she was 12 months old.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 30th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
no crawling here yet but she is close and she is just about 7 months

April 30th, 2010, 12:54 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no crawling or rolling here. Tegan is content to sit up all day long and play with her toys. If you move something away from her she just yells at you to bring it back, no initiative to go and get it!
April 30th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
not yet, has gotten on all fours and rocked her way backwards 5-6 ft, but only 3-4x

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 30th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Super Mommy
Pearlica - LOL...that's funny

Catherine - Yay!!!! to Ben

It's just amazing how they reach each milestone at different times and you can never predict when they'll reach the next milestone, just because they start sitting early does not mean they will start crawling early or even crawl at all (heard some kids go straight to walking from sitting).
April 30th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
no but she is getting close!

April 30th, 2010, 03:19 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith2006 View Post
Pearlica - LOL...that's funny

Catherine - Yay!!!! to Ben

It's just amazing how they reach each milestone at different times and you can never predict when they'll reach the next milestone, just because they start sitting early does not mean they will start crawling early or even crawl at all (heard some kids go straight to walking from sitting).
It is amazing how they each hit milestones differently. Ben is doing everything a lot sooner than my oldest, but when I checked my baby book he is right on track with me. It really bothers me when people compare babies..they are little individuals and each do things in their own time. My gramma is bad for that...guess everyone is supposed to do everything exactly the same And be thankful you don't have a crawler yet...I am getting ready to pull my hair out today!
April 30th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Jennifer0911's Avatar Mommy of 2 Adorable Girls
Send a message via Yahoo to Jennifer0911
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith2006 View Post
LO is still rocking, actually he moves one leg but has not figured how to move his hands. Rocks on all four, moves one leg then rolls over. They should be crawling by 8 months right? He turns 7 months on Wed.
My little girl was the exact same way!!! WATCH OUT! Within a week or 2 he'll be a full blown crawler.
She started doing the army crawl at 5 months and at 6 months she started crawling. I used to love watching her just rock back and forth, it was so cute....well....no more of that. lol.

Check Out My Blog!!

3-13 @ 14 weeks
April 30th, 2010, 04:05 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lucy gets up and rocks and moves one leg before falling. She also throws herself forward.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 30th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Peytonsmomma
Peyton just now started liking being on her stomach, so not even close to being on all fours yet... is she behind?
April 30th, 2010, 04:26 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peytonsmomma View Post
Peyton just now started liking being on her stomach, so not even close to being on all fours yet... is she behind?
We were at the dr.s today for Tegan's check-up. The doctor said that her lack of rolling and crawling is just a personality quirk not at developmental issue since she is nice and strong. So as long as you dont think there are any muscle tone issues I wouldnt say she is behind. She is just choosing to wait a while before exploring the world in that fashion!

(I've become more zen about Tegan's immobility since she is so strong in other areas and none of the professionals seem concerned). Might as well enjoy the fact that I can leave her somewhere to play and know that she wont be across the room chewing on a power cord when I get back
April 30th, 2010, 04:32 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlica View Post
Might as well enjoy the fact that I can leave her somewhere to play and know that she wont be across the room chewing on a power cord when I get back
That is Lucy to a tee.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 30th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineclare View Post
It is amazing how they each hit milestones differently. Ben is doing everything a lot sooner than my oldest, but when I checked my baby book he is right on track with me. It really bothers me when people compare babies..they are little individuals and each do things in their own time. My gramma is bad for that...guess everyone is supposed to do everything exactly the same And be thankful you don't have a crawler yet...I am getting ready to pull my hair out today!
I completely agree! Saige also started army crawling at 5 months and then doing a Full Crawl at 6 Months. She turned 7 months old today. She is into everything, especially loves the fire place. That or the dog water & food, can't turn around for a second.

April 30th, 2010, 09:03 PM
MrsSarah1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Crawling is just beginning over here. She gets up on all fours constantly, and puts and moves forward a little, but she can't figure out how to move her butt with the rest of her body, lol.

The odd thing is.. she *still* can't sit up on her own, lol. If I sit her up on her butt, she'll stay upright for about 30 seconds.. then faceplants to the floor, haha.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search