Sergio's 6-month and general update

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2010, 05:33 AM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't updated in quite a while, thought I would share about Serg's appt.

It was yesterday even though he'll turn 7 mos. this coming week. He weighed 17 lbs 12 oz and measured 27". So he's not as fat as I perceived, lol.

He got 2 shots and did very well holding my hair and sucking his thumb. He understands "All done" so stops his minor fussing when you tell him that.

I was very proud because he demonstrated everything as the dr. was asking about it- sitting, reaching out grabbing things, putting them in his mouth. He even clapped at the end of the visit and I thought that was so cute b/c I hadn't realized he learned to clap this week (my mom has been with him).

He doesn't crawl but he moves around the floor via rolling or scooting. He does still prefer standing and walking holding my hands. This past week he's trying to push me away and stand independently. It's only for a couple seconds each time til he falls but it gives him a thrill and he is all smiles about it. I wonder if he will crawl or not.

I wouldn't say I'm worried about his speech but I have noticed his babbling is not where his brother's was at the same age. Still, he is doing more motor skills than his brother at that age. Maybe it's just that babies tend to work on one developmental area more than others at one time.

I would like to find him some sort of neat cause and effect toy that he could sit and play with, that would be interactive but not too much mess or noise. Let me know if you have any suggestions! I was thinking something like a ball popper but it might be hard to keep up with all the balls going everywhere. I saw a thing at Target that looked like a bubble gum machine that you put balls into and turn a knob to let them come out and I was considering it. (I have the 2nd child guilt with him and want to be sure he gets something special once in a while.)

May 1st, 2010, 05:39 AM
OH, I forgot the food update. We asked what he could start besides baby food b/c he still has no teeth!! (I am happy b/c I'm still nursing part time but puzzled b/c he has been teething hard forever.) The dr. said soft foods are fine. He doesn't have the pincer grasp yet but sure does grab and eat food. So we are going to give him soft meats and veggies from now on. Also yogurt.

I have weaned him for all but the evening after work and want to keep nursing him some for the next few months if my milk stays. He's waking up a lot less at night and we are going to move him to the crib in the very near future.

You're awesome if you read all this!

May 1st, 2010, 07:16 AM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
CONGRATS ... sounds like he is doing FANTASTIC !!
Gonna have a walker soon in that house of yours !
Go Go Sergio !!

May 1st, 2010, 07:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
sounds like he is doing great

May 1st, 2010, 08:09 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Sounds like he's growing well and doing great. I think you're right that some babies work on one developmental area while other babies may develop in another area first. I wouldn't worry to much yet.

May 1st, 2010, 01:07 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like he is doing well.

Good to hear from you

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

May 1st, 2010, 04:19 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like he is doing great! Good job Mama!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

May 1st, 2010, 06:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
He is doing great!! What a big boy you have!
We have a ball popper that the balls shoot up onto a 'track' then go back down into the body of the toy and then pop up again, no mess!
Thomas babbled alot as a baby, then when Collin came along I was constantly comparing, Collin never really babbled at all as a baby. He still doesn't and is just starting speech therapy, now Bailey isn't babbling as much as Thomas, but a lot more that Collin. I am learning every child is very different.
Please come around more often!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
May 2nd, 2010, 06:06 AM
I will try to come in more often! Mostly I am lurking and trying to keep little hands off the computer!

Nicole, can you post which popper you have that lets the balls go back into the machine?

It's hard not to compare with 2 kids especially close in age. I know they're different kids but sometimes I do a mental time warp and think I'm holding my older one when S is in my arms!

At the same age, my older son had teeth and was starting baby signing and babbling more often. But he didn't wave or clap or stand until about a month later than Serg did. But they were different starting from in utero. Sergio was always much more physically active than his brother.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search