Thinking ahead

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2010, 06:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Will you put a T.V. in your LO's room?
When will you let your LO start using the P.C?
When are you going to start potty training?

When are you going to turn your LO's car seat around?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
May 3rd, 2010, 10:05 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Will you put a T.V. in your LO's room? Nope.

When will you let your LO start using the P.C? Probably young.. for educational games

When are you going to start potty training? Actually I already bought Ben 2 potties. I am going to start working on pee training with him in the next couple of weeks. I figure if I can even catch half of his pees in a day that would be less diaper laundry.

When are you going to turn your LO's car seat around? Not sure. with my oldest I did at 1, but I think I will leave Bens turned around as long as its comfy for him.
May 3rd, 2010, 11:11 AM
elsi2009's Avatar Veteran
Will you put a T.V. in your LO's room?No

Jasmin plays rarely peek a boo online, she hits the keyboard using all fingers
I am not sure whether they have computers in Kindergarten

I still don`t know exactly, at 2 years, maybe earlier? It depends on the development of Jasmin

Jasmin will stay rear-facing as long as possible Child car seat advice questioned - Growing Up Healthy- msnbc.com so she'll stay rear-facing up to two years ( up to 30 pounds )
May 3rd, 2010, 11:52 AM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Will you put a T.V. in your LO's room?we put a 26" flat screen on the wall while I was preggo. It also has a bed in the room for us and we figured ... in case one of us had to sleep in there ...
When will you let your LO start using the P.C?she sits in our laps now and we go one Sprout on line
When are you going to start potty training? have no idea
When are you going to turn your LO's car seat around? at the last momment ... however with her long legs it may be sooner than later

May 3rd, 2010, 12:09 PM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
Will you put a T.V. in your LO's room?Not sure. Ashleigh has one in her room, but she hardly ever uses it. She'd rather watch TV in my room or in the living room. Madisyn and Emely do not have a TV
When will you let your LO start using the P.C?Well Catie already loves to pound on the keyboard
When are you going to start potty training?Probably around 2 or 2 1/2 years. My other girls didn't train until 3 1/2, so i'm not going to expect Catie to train completely before then.
When are you going to turn your LO's car seat around? Her seat is RF until 35lbs, so that's when i'll turn it around. For my kids that's usually between 2-3 years old.

May 3rd, 2010, 12:32 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Will you put a T.V. in your LO's room? Nope

When will you let your LO start using the P.C? We joke with her when she tries to grab ours that she can have her own when she turns 4. But I have no idea when we actually will get her started on one or have her own.

When are you going to start potty training? Probably around 2, as long as she seems ready.

When are you going to turn your LO's car seat around? Will keep her rear-facing for as long as possible. The seat is to 35lbs rear-facing so thats the goal.
May 3rd, 2010, 04:15 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Will you put a T.V. in your LO's room?Nope

When will you let your LO start using the P.C? Around 18 months

When are you going to start potty training? Just after her second b'day if she's ready

When are you going to turn your LO's car seat around? Not sure yet. Law here is 6 months, but Lucy is still fitting into her infant carrier really well and still has a while before she will have outgrown it. So maybe then.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

May 3rd, 2010, 04:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
nope never she can have one in her room when she is a grown up
no sure depends on intrest
when she seems ready
hmm no sure if depends on how tall she is she is already 29 or 30inches if she continues at this rate by the time she is 1 her knees will be in her chest

May 3rd, 2010, 06:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Bailey will probably have a tv in her room w/o cable, like the boys did when they were little-little. When we moved here they got cable, but only watch cartoons. Im thinking whenver she gets her own room shell have a tv

Bailey will be able to go on the PC when she starts showing in interest in it. Thomas was 2.5, Collin still cant really do any of the games that thomas plays..

we will introduce the potty when she is walking, but wont start pushing the issue until 2-3

Bailey will probably turn around right at 1, like the boys, If I can convince DH she may stay RF a bit longer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsi2009 View Post
Will you put a T.V. in your LO's room?No

Jasmin plays rarely peek a boo online, she hits the keyboard using all fingers
I am not sure whether they have computers in Kindergarten

I still don`t know exactly, at 2 years, maybe earlier? It depends on the development of Jasmin

Jasmin will stay rear-facing as long as possible Child car seat advice questioned - Growing Up Healthy- msnbc.com so she'll stay rear-facing up to two years ( up to 30 pounds )
The magnet schools around here have 1 computer in each of the preschool classrooms (3 and 4 y/o classes) and the kindergarten classes have 5 in each class. Thomas is thrilled about this.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Last edited by MommaDucks; May 3rd, 2010 at 06:53 PM.
May 4th, 2010, 02:39 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Not until she is 5-8 years old and only w/out cable. Xavier(5) has one in his room for purely white noise to sleep. He's like his dad and likes the whitenoise and flickering to sleep. He doesn't even make it through the beginning credits of a movie before he's fast asleep.

Whenever she is interested

Whenever she seems interested and the signs are all there. Not going to push the issue.

Not until she is at least 2 years old. I've talked to dh about it and we are both in agreement. We might even do it like the parents in Sweden and not turn her around until she's 4...we shall see, but definitely not until she's at least 2
May 4th, 2010, 04:49 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Will you put a T.V. in your LO's room? no
When will you let your LO start using the P.C? she will be using one at daycare for preschool things around 3 or 4
When are you going to start potty training? when he is ready
When are you going to turn your LO's car seat around? 18 months or so

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

May 4th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Will you put a T.V. in your LO's room? Probably.. When we built our house, we set up all the rooms for cable and internet..
When will you let your LO start using the P.C? I don't know when, but they will be exposed to computers.. It's in the genes.. lol. My DH is a professional computer geek
When are you going to start potty training? When they are ready
When are you going to turn your LO's car seat around? Don't know.. Probably around a year and a half.. But if we get a bigger car, they'll be RF until they are 35 lbs

May 4th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Veteran
Will you put a T.V. in your LO's room? Nope.

When will you let your LO start using the P.C? Probably around preschool time.

When are you going to start potty training? Both my boys were potty trained at 2 so I'll start her then.

When are you going to turn your LO's car seat around? I'm shooting for 2.
May 4th, 2010, 09:15 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Will you put a T.V. in your LO's room? Nope
When will you let your LO start using the P.C? Maybe around 5 or 6
When are you going to start potty training? Going to try next summer.
When are you going to turn your LO's car seat around? 30 lbs

May 4th, 2010, 03:46 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
TV in room? NEVER. We are building our next home and only putting cable jacks in the living room and our room.

PC use? Now. I let Hugo type on Word pad at 5 mos. Supervised of course.

Potty? I'd say once he walks but I think he'll be walking any week now. So once he can walk and sign/say "potty" or after his birthday, if he doesn't do all that before then. It will just be an introduction until he really feels ready to ask for it and use it himself.

Car seat? After he's 1 and over 20 lbs. Just because it makes our front passenger side so extremely tight and uncomfortable for any length ride. We're going on a trip around his b-day so when we get back that is probably when.

May 4th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Will you put a T.V. in your LO's room? don't know, if we do it will be quite a while from now.
When will you let your LO start using the P.C? Ava uses it now and has been for a while. So whenever he's interested.
When are you going to start potty training? Also whenever he shows interest. I know with Ava she was off and on for a while, then all of a sudden she was really ready.
When are you going to turn your LO's car seat around? I'm surprised (and happy) to see so many extended rear facers. I just turned Ava's around this weekend. As long as he's comfy he'll stay there. Ava never complained about it at all. Then last week she started saying her back hurt when we went in the car for any length of time. I think the angle of her body and legs just started to get uncomfortable.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search