Date night?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2010, 06:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Have you and your DH/SO gone out yet, alone?
What did you two do?
How many times did you call home?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
May 3rd, 2010, 07:35 AM
Jennifer0911's Avatar Mommy of 2 Adorable Girls
Send a message via Yahoo to Jennifer0911
Have you and your DH/SO gone out yet, alone? Yes. MIL watches her for us every Friday.
What did you two do? We usually don't do too much. We go out to eat and rent some movies. Woohoo! LOL!
How many times did you call home? None! I know she's in good hands. I completely trust my MIL!

Check Out My Blog!!

3-13 @ 14 weeks
May 3rd, 2010, 07:54 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have been out on a couple dates. We went to Avatar and out to lunch. My mother in law watched her and we didnt call. We left her overnight with my mom once and we checked in at night and first thing in the morning. We spent the whole night away watching videos of her and looking through her photos!!
May 3rd, 2010, 11:18 AM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you and your DH/SO gone out yet, alone? We did when she was 6 weeks old
What did you two do?We had tickets for TSO (Trans Siberian Orchestra) a friend of mine sings with them and I couldn't miss the show. Had the tickets for MONTHS before she arrived
How many times did you call home? I only called once ... SHOCK huh ?!

May 3rd, 2010, 04:07 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you and your DH/SO gone out yet, alone? Yes

What did you two do? Went to dinner

How many times did you call home? None, we were only gone an hour

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

May 3rd, 2010, 05:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
nope we just take her along, she does great out so taking her with us is no big deal

May 3rd, 2010, 06:04 PM
Miles' Mommy's Avatar Happy 1st time mom
Send a message via AIM to Miles' Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Miles' Mommy
Have you and your DH/SO gone out yet, alone? Twice...once when LO was 2months old DH was in a wedding and again when LO was 5months we got free tickets to a concert.
What did you two do?Wedding and a concert
How many times did you call home? for the wedding only once he was with my mom and doing great but sent a few text. For the concert about once an hour he was crying so I was worried about him.
I think we would do more if we lived closer to my mom. My in-laws are great but they freak out when LO starts to fuss even just a little bit. It makes me very uneasy about letting them watch him. So we just tend to do things where LO can come along.

Last edited by Miles' Mommy; May 3rd, 2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: add more
May 3rd, 2010, 06:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Tom and I have gone out 3 times alone, all 3 times we went to bars.
On my birthday we went to so shmancy resturant, then met another couple at a bar, it was my friends boyfriends birthday too. I called home after the resturant, but that was it.
The 2nd time we went to a billiards bar, shot pool and had a few drinks.
3rd time we went to the bowling alley I used to work at, had a drink, then went down the street to a bar that was just opened by one of the regular bowlers, they were supposed to have a dj playing 'oldies' and when we got there they were play old skool rap/hip hop, it was hilarious, it was pretty fun watching my 6 ft 4, 175 lbs total white boy hubby 'rapping' to the music, as it was all stuff we knew.

hopefully we will be going out this weekend, as friday is our 5 yr anniversery.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
May 4th, 2010, 09:10 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We go out a decent amount... at least once every other week. Next week we're leaving him for 5 days, while we go to Jamaica.

We usually get dinner, go out for drinks, or go to a sporting event.

The first time we left him we called twice I think, now I don't call at all. He's out for the night at 6, so usually he's asleep before we even go out.

May 4th, 2010, 03:44 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have left him once or twice.

DH and I went to the movies.

I didn't call home she was with my mom and was in good hands.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

May 4th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The first time we went out alone after he was born he was about a month and a half old. We went to dinner and to see New Moon. We've gone out a few times since then, but not a lot. Usually our neighbor watches both of our kids when we go out. I didn't actually call home at all this time around. I knew if something was up she'd call me
May 5th, 2010, 05:03 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
We've gone out twice since Catie's birth. Once in November and once in March. I just told DH we need to go out again. Both times we went out to eat and to see a movie. i think the first time i called home twice to check on the kids. And the next time i called home once.

May 5th, 2010, 05:46 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Have you and your DH/SO gone out yet, alone? Once a couple of months ago.
What did you two do? We went to dinner and came right home.
How many times did you call home? Once but we were only gone for about 2 hours.

I think we are actually going to go out Saturday night. DH usually works Saturday nights but he's off this week. We're either going to go to a movie or dinner. I don't really want to do both because I don't want to be away from the baby that long and it's too expensive to do both now.

May 5th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Veteran
We've been out a few times for maybe 2 hours. Each time we go out to eat at to Target and end up buying stuff for the kids. I don't call. I do text my little sisters who live with my mom because they will tell me if she's really OK while my mom will lie and say she's fine even if she won't stop crying.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search