Any other babies not crawling yet?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Amylizz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Abbey is rolling everywhere and rocking on all fours, but has been doing that for a few weeks and still isn't crawling! She just barely figured out how to kind of army crawl/scooch forward on her belly today at 8 months, 1 week. I am not too concerned as she is right on track or ahead with everything else, but still no pulling up (or even trying to pull up), no getting to sitting position on her own, no getting to crawling position from sitting, and no crawling...any other babies taking their time getting mobile??

I'm also wondering, for anyone else who has hardwood floors and a crawling baby, do the floors seem to be any problem on the knees or anything? I just wanna make sure the floor isn't what's hindering her from crawling. I wish we had carpet!

May 5th, 2010, 07:24 AM
~*Tina*~
don't worry. my LO is 9 months old and isn't even getting up on all fours. She isnt pulling up, she shows no interest in standing (even when we hold her up), she isn't army crawling, nothing. I asked her dr. about it yesterday and he said not to worry about it for a second, she's doing fine, she will do things on her own time and just to keep practicing things with her. She likes to sit and play with her toys and for now she's happy doing that. i know sometimes it seems like everyone else's babies are halfway to college when mine can't even get up on her hands and knees........ but you're not alone!

7/12/13 @6w

May 5th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kaetlin just turned 9 months and she just started getting up on her hands and knee's. She also has no real interst in it yet.. Heck she really never really even rolled ( ok maybe 5 times and that is it) She can pull herself up but raely does..
May 5th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Elizabeth just prefers to roll back and forth. She'll get up on her arms to turn from side to side, but not to actually go anywhere. She couldn't care less from the way she acts.

May 5th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Patrick can't crawl. He mastered rolling at about 4 months (both directions), and can army crawl anywhere he wants to go. He can't get himself up to sitting by himself (my DH says he's seen him do it, but I think he's wrong), but he can go from sitting to crawling position.

I try to put him up on his hands and knees and he'll stay there for a second but then drop his hips back down with a look of disgust like "why did you put me like that??"
Iím rocking my baby and babies donít keep.
May 5th, 2010, 08:08 AM
.stargirl.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brianna is not crawling and she is 9 months. She has never pulled herself up and has got into the sitting position by herself a few times. She can rock on all fours and just this week started scooting on the floor, but barely. I am not too worried, I have her 9 month checkup in a couple weeks, and will ask about it then, but I am sure it is totally normal.
May 5th, 2010, 08:43 AM
juleeannk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to juleeannk
NAK we hard wood floors and i've never had a problem with any of my boys. First 2 crawled 6-6.5 months Bryce was a little later 7.5 and now he's so freakin fast, it goes very quickly one day they cant and the next day bam the have it
May 5th, 2010, 09:05 AM
americanrussian's Avatar Veteran
no crawling here either.

not sure how hardwoods help - we have them too - no crawling.

May 5th, 2010, 11:09 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
No crawling here. We have hardwoods and I'm always hesitant to put her on the ground bc she will bonk her head or something. I think maybe I'm the reason she hasn't crawled yet

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
May 5th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No crawling here either. He can go from sitting to tummy and rolls fine but doesn't pull up or get on his hands and knees at all.
May 5th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have hardwood floors and tile mostly. Kaelyn turned 9 months on the first and she just started crawling last thursday and within a couple days of that starting pulling herself up in her crib. It will happen.

May 5th, 2010, 04:26 PM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Alexa can go from sitting to tummy but hasn't quite figured out the whole crawling thing. She does love to army crawl everywhere. I'm sure she will figure it out all very quickly, guess its time to finally baby proof the house and get gates.

May 5th, 2010, 05:24 PM
cherryblossom88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sakura isnt crawling either~but looks like she will soon. gets on her knees and rocks
Reagan 8/8/06
Sakura 8/24/09
Amaryea 11/18/10

May 5th, 2010, 05:30 PM
dansgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No crawling here yet either or even getting up on all fours by herself. I can put her like that and she will stay for just a few seconds, but then lets her belly drop and rolls over.
She sits really upright and ppl comment on her posture, it is kind of funny. She is very content to sit for 45 min. or longer and just play with her toys and smile.
May 5th, 2010, 06:46 PM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kennedi isnt crawling yet. She is trying sooo hard to get up on all 4s but its frustrating to her. She tried her butt off all day long and did a couple times for a second or two..but shes got a bit to go. She is pulling herself up though. She pulls herself to her knees soooo easily getting to her feet is a bit harder cuz she doesnt quiet get that she has to have her feet flat on the ground, normally they are on their sides and what not. Silly little girl. I wouldnt be worried some babes go right to walking and surpass crawling all together.

Kennedi still doesnt do that army crawl/scoot. We have carpet so I defintiely dont think your wood floors are stopping her, I just think she doenst really care about getting anywhere yet! Kennedi was like that a few weeks ago and its like this morning she woke up and was like LET ME MOVE ALREADY! Ha! Im in NO rush for her to start crawling!
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
May 6th, 2010, 05:21 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bry tries sometimes and scoots backwards when he gets close to actually crawling but he'd much rather have me hold him under his arms so he can walk/run around. Usually he tries for a few mins. to crawl and then gives up and rolls over to play with his toys.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search