I have a confession

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2010, 11:06 AM
*~Ginny~*'s Avatar RN - Student CNM :)
Send a message via AIM to *~Ginny~*
Allie still naps in the carseat. She sleeps fine in the crib at night but for whatever reason she just won't do it during the day. I have tried and tried and tried and if I actually do succeed in getting her to sleep in the crib, she'll only sleep for maybe 30 min and then wakes back up. I've only actually gotten her to sleep in the crib twice.

I dunno what I'm going to do when she gets to be too big for the carseat. I'm hoping she will transition herself when she no longer fits and it becomes uncomfortable

May 5th, 2010, 11:09 AM
BrandeeandAurora
then i have to make a confession too.

Aurora NEVER naps in her crib during the day. ever. WHere? Always different! SOmetiems swing. sometimes foor. sometimes couch. sometimes bed. And i can recall countless times where i let her sleep in her carseat. I dunno she naps SO LONG in a carseat, why mess with perfection?
May 5th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandeeandAurora View Post
then i have to make a confession too.

Aurora NEVER naps in her crib during the day. ever. WHere? Always different! SOmetiems swing. sometimes foor. sometimes couch. sometimes bed. And i can recall countless times where i let her sleep in her carseat. I dunno she naps SO LONG in a carseat, why mess with perfection?

Wow...Allie outgrew her swing at 5 months. I'm impressed that Aurora still likes her swing.

The problem is that Allie is way too nosy for her own good. She will be zombified exhausted and absolutely will NOT go to sleep unless she is either in the carseat or crib (at night)

At least I'm not the only one who's child sleeps in weird places

May 5th, 2010, 11:25 AM
BrandeeandAurora
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Ginny~* View Post
Wow...Allie outgrew her swing at 5 months. I'm impressed that Aurora still likes her swing.

The problem is that Allie is way too nosy for her own good. She will be zombified exhausted and absolutely will NOT go to sleep unless she is either in the carseat or crib (at night)

At least I'm not the only one who's child sleeps in weird places
lol oh no, im not referring to the lay down swing. i mean she sleeps sitting up. LOL. And aurora use to be picky. she only slept in peoples arms. But she quickly learned she would never sleep so she learned to just sleep wherever shes at. sitting up, laying down, i remember a time where she was sitting on my lap and she just, all the sudden, completely went limp and passed out. TIRED BABY!
May 5th, 2010, 11:35 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Hey, man, whatever works! Claire won't sleep in her carseat, but if she would I'd do the same thing. Do you have any sort of insert in the seat or something? Like maybe she just really likes being snuggled for naps? Maybe try packing her in the crib with pillows or rolled up blankets to try and emulate the sides of the carseat?

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
May 5th, 2010, 01:23 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD napped in her bouncy until about a month ago (she was WAY too big for it, and even fell out a couple of times). There is no way the kids can nap in the same room for the time being, because DS has issues going to sleep, which would translate into issues for DD as well. Since she was sleeping so well in the bouncy, I just continued to have her in that in a separate room. Now, she is in a pack & play for naps, still in a separate room from her brother. She is a GREAT sleeper, and the transition into the PnP was fine. I'd like it if I could put her in the nursery, that way 2 rooms aren't taken up by nappers needing quiet, but at this point, it isn't going to happen.

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
May 5th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Declyn&Me's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
okay ladies, this should make you feel better.

i have a BIGGER confession.

If we are home...Declyn doesnt nap in his crib...or car seat...or swing... he naps on my lap. Yes, he sleeps snuggled up to mommy.

i dont really try to change it. i figure ive only got 2 1/2 month left to spend quality time with him during the day. ill let his grandma fix it later (shes going to watch him when i go to work)

Thank you Graysmama!!
May 5th, 2010, 02:47 PM
BrandeeandAurora
if i had the time and ability to still still that long id DEIFNITELY let aurora sleep on my lap or arms.

there tooo darn cute and cuddly!!! and the best heaters!
May 5th, 2010, 02:54 PM
JJsmommy09's Avatar Ashley
LOL JJ still sleeps in my arms too...I tried a few weeks back to get him to nap in his crib but he would only sleep for 30 min and that just doesn't work when I have other sleeping kids in the house...there for he sleeps in my arms!

May 5th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Yay, im not alone!

Thank you Graysmama!!
May 5th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Haha! Allie would never tolerate sleeping in my arms

May 5th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Veteran
noah still naps on me AND he's not on any sort of schedule! like today, he just took his second nap at 5 pm (he's actually still snoozing and it's after 6). we didn't get out of bed til 11, though. and he'll probably be up til midnight. i just follow his lead. total night owl.

oh, and he's slept in his crib for a total of 12.5 min since he was born! LOL. the swing worked sometimes but he outgrew it.

May 5th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Cali_Mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Most of Jasmine's naps are in the car seat while I'm driving places or at home in my arms. She wakes up the second I put her down and can't go to sleep unless I'm rocking her. At night she sleeps in our bed still. My DH leaves Friday for three weeks so I'm hoping to transition her to the pack-n-play for overnight or at least for naps. I wish my SIL would move out so I could attempt to transition Jasmine to sleeping in her crib.

May 5th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Declyn just started sleeping in his crib at night 2 or 3 weeks ago. He's doing fantastic. didnt take much, he was jsut ready. I followed his lead on when to transition, we didnt have a set schedule. i guess i just got lucky.

Thank you Graysmama!!
May 5th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Cali_Mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Gillian - That's great that he transitioned easy.

Last time I put Jasmine in the pack-n-play at night to sleep she went from fast asleep to screaming so hard she threw up everything in her stomach in less than 30 seconds. Nothing about the transition from bed/arms to crib/pack-n-play is going to be easy.

May 6th, 2010, 05:33 AM
i couldnt transition him when he was asleep or id have the same result.

Thank you Graysmama!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search