Formula question...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
How did you decide what formula to use?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
June 19th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Peytonsmomma
IMO enfimil and similac are awful and my doctor said the same thing even though WIC supplies it for free
she had such a bad reaction to both
and i loved nestle good start
June 19th, 2010, 05:41 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our doctor said that they're all pretty much the same, so we went with the least expensive and biggest.

June 20th, 2010, 10:07 AM
MrsSteele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MrsSteele Send a message via Yahoo to MrsSteele
We use Enfamil Gentlease... she was getting fussy on regular enfamil and I only had the gentle formula in the Enfamil brand from samples, so that is what we stuck with..I do not think Emfamil is awful at all...WIC provides Nestle Goodstart here for free because it is the cheapest one.
June 20th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
.I do not think Emfamil is awful at all...WIC provides Nestle Goodstart here for free because it is the cheapest one.

also all the crap I have read ab nestle.....nope wont give it to my kids unless necessary (Collin got it bc we were broke and it is what wic provided)

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
June 20th, 2010, 03:23 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its the most popular brand. Dumb reason I know but that also means its easy to get. Its not the cheapest but that doesn't bother me.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

June 20th, 2010, 04:11 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right now since I am only supplementing I use Parent's Choice or Similac and I have no problems with either one. I like Simlac Breana used and it was fine.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

June 20th, 2010, 07:05 PM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
The first formula i tried with Catie was Enfamil with LIPIL. It was just a sample i had gotten in the mail. I tried it on her for a week, but every time she drank it, it gave her terrible gas. She was so miserable screaming and crying from the pain. It took me about a week to realize it was the formula causing the pain and not something i was doing, since i was also breastfeeding.

I did some research online on 'gentle/sensative formulas'. I read parent reviews at several sites and decided to give good start gentle a shot. It helped that i also used good start formula with my daughter madisyn, who had no aversion to it.

We tried it, and no fussing, or gas. She did great so we stuck with it.

There was a week that we ran out of good start and i had a sample of parents choice gentle. I decided to give that to her, but she didn't react that well to it. It caused her some tummy pains like the enfamil LIPIL did.

June 20th, 2010, 07:14 PM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i mainly use similac advance.. but i also use parents choice and i just bought a container of up and up. they all seem to work fine for Damian.

on a side note has anyone used the similac (or off brand) of go and grow for babies over 9 months? i guess its supposed to be more like milk Im thinking of trying it out.. any opinions

June 20th, 2010, 07:28 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMLV810 View Post
i mainly use similac advance.. but i also use parents choice and i just bought a container of up and up. they all seem to work fine for Damian.

on a side note has anyone used the similac (or off brand) of go and grow for babies over 9 months? i guess its supposed to be more like milk Im thinking of trying it out.. any opinions
While I've never used similac (obviously) the step 2 formula here (6 months +) just has more iron in it compared to the step 1 (from newborn). Its really a personal decision on trying it or not. Because extra iron can gum babies up quite bad we are still using Step 1 and will be until she's weaned.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

June 20th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
enfamil lipil, similac advanced and the target and walmart brands are all EXACTLY the same, well the ingredients. the powder is a bit different-enfamil is finer and similac is "clumpier"

I always preferred the enfamil lipil w the three kids but since we are some broke people right now we use the HUGE can of up and up

Every baby reacts differently to everything so whatever works, stick with it!

June 21st, 2010, 07:59 AM
Veteran
I use Enfamil Premium Lipil because that's what they gave her at the hospital so we just stuck with it. Thank GOD I've never had any issues with it. One week we used the regular Lipil and she got super gassy so we went back to the premium lipil.

This stuff is EXPENSIVE!! I can't wait for regular milk time!!!

Thank you Katarina for my beautiful siggie!!
June 21st, 2010, 11:34 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I use Similac Advance.. I'm a name brand snob when it comes to formula.. I never go generic.. I know there's a slight difference..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; June 21st, 2010 at 01:38 PM.
June 21st, 2010, 11:39 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortega24 View Post

This stuff is EXPENSIVE!! I can't wait for regular milk time!!!
I'm counting down the days too.. We buy the big tubs of Similiac at Costco.. Have you looked into Costco? They carry huge containers of Enfamil as well.. I'm not to sure about the cost.. But Similac costs $28 a can..

June 21st, 2010, 01:26 PM
Veteran
We have Sam's which is like Costco and I have gone there to get here milk but there isn't one near me so when I see one when I'm out and about, I STOP!

Thank you Katarina for my beautiful siggie!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search