Grandparents?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
How many grandparents does your LO have?
What are they called so far?
Any special reason why?

My children have the "typicial" four. My parents and hubbys.

Nana and Poppy are my mom and dad, Gramma and Grandpa are my IL's

My maternal grandparents, my mothers maternal grandparents, and my grandmothers maternal grandparents were all Nana and Poppy, so we followed suit.
My IL's have gramma and grandpa because that is what my nephew called them. Had he called them something else, we would have followed.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
August 18th, 2010, 05:13 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Xander has 4. He calls my parents Grammy and Gramps and Dh's parents Nanny and Pop Pop

Nanny cause that is what her mom went by.

Grammy cause that is what my dad's mom went by.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

August 18th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My kids have 7 grandparents/great grandparents. My parents, Dh's parents, Dh's grandparents, and my grandma

All the grandparents just go by grandpa and grandma. It's funny Ava learned very early to say last names for them. But sometimes it comes out grandpa and grandpa LOL! For the great grandparents she really doesn't call them anything. We say great grandma and grandpa, but she doesn't know them that well. When they talk about themselves they say gram and grandpa!
August 18th, 2010, 06:57 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many grandparents does your LO have? 4, then 3 great grandparents on DH's side
What are they called so far? my mom has been grammy, and the other 3 are just grandma/grandpa

August 18th, 2010, 07:03 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They have a lot! lol
My Mom and StepDad. They have never and will never meet my real father. My Mom is Grandma and my Step Dad is Papa.

Dh's Mom and Step Dad. They are Gran and Grandad.

Dh's Dad and Step Mom, They are Papa and Nana

Dh's Grandma, she's just Grandma. His Grandpa was Pap, but he's gone.

Dh's Grandma and Great Grandma (moms side) we rarely see, so they are just Grandma as well.

My Grandma (Dad's Side) is just Grandma as well, we rarely see her either.

My Grandma and Grandpa (Moms side) are both gone but I called them Nana and Poppy and so did Kayla.

Dh's Step Moms, Mom is known as Grandma Birdie.

August 18th, 2010, 07:35 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Liam has four grandparents: Gams (my mom), Pops (my dad), Nana (hubby's mom), Granddad (hubby's dad)

And four great-grandparents: Gigi-Ma (my grandma), Great-granddad (my granddad), Grandpa Tom (my granddad), and Mom-mom (hubby's grandma).

The great-grandparents were prenamed...from previous grandchildren or great-grandchildren. The grandparents picked their own names and we will see if they stick. But we didn't care what they wanted to be called, so they sorta figured it out on their own.
August 18th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Veteran
WOW....loving all the neat names!

Sofia has 4. DH's parents -- his dad is Wito, short for Abuelito, Grandpa in Spanish. DH's mom is Wita, short for Abuelita. My mom's dad is still alive but we rarely see him. And my dad is never around but WHEN he does, it's grandpa.

I LOVE GIGI!! SO CUTE!!!

Thank you Katarina for my beautiful siggie!!

Tags
grandparents , names

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search