For those sleeping in beds...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2010, 05:45 PM
ChristinaL's Avatar Hovel Princess :-)
the nap question got me thinking. Can they reach the door knobs yet & how are you handling that?
My little guy is still in the nursery since my mom is in his big boy room; I'm hoping our extension will be done & she'll be out of there before he's out of his crib.
My big problem is that there are no ceiling lights in the nursery & I'm afraid he'll pull the lamp down, besides what to do once he can open the door. I'm thinking the best idea is to mount a gate in the doorway - of whichever room - but was wondering what everyone else is doing.
October 16th, 2010, 07:16 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
i'm the bad mom.....I put a door knob cover on the inside of the door because Sam knew how to open the door when we transitioned him.

We started with a gate, but since we had an open floor plan, as soon as he opened the door, he could see us whioch only fueled his cries and wanting us.

I will confess to locking the door for a while, but that was after he figured how to get the knob cover off and lock it from the inside. So, we turned the knob around and locked it from the outside.

I have NO idea what I'll do with Henry, just depends on where we are and the sleeping arrangements. He's starting to try and climb out of the crib, I'm up a creek if he manages it.

October 16th, 2010, 07:37 PM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
Lucky for me my kid is a super shorty so as much as he tries to reach the doorknob, he can't grasp it yet. I would probably get a door cover and hope it lasts him, and put a baby gate on the outside of the door if worse comes to worse.
October 16th, 2010, 07:46 PM
ChristinaW's Avatar B-Ster's Mommy
Abby doesn't reach the doorknob yet and attempts it but can't reach. When she can I will put a gate in the doorway and/or leave the gate to the kitchen up so the worst she can do is come visit us in our room. I used to lock the boys in their room until they learned to simply yell "mommy I'm awake" at which time I'd get up and lett them out of their room (and not need to lock their door).

October 16th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I had to turn the doorknob around so it locks from the outside since Erin used to lock herself and her brother inside the room. So yeah, I'm a terrible mom, I lock him in. I always unlock it when he's asleep so he can come out when he wakes up. I actually have more a problem putting him down at night than putting him down for naps.

October 16th, 2010, 09:04 PM
mom2baylee&levi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
at this point it's not a problem.....the lay out of the rooms when we move will be NUTTY so I'm not sure what I'm going to do....maybe baby gate the outsides of their doors where they can onlly get to the bathroom (the bathroom seperates their bedrooms) or our room (which is connected to Levi's room)

October 17th, 2010, 06:22 AM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
Nevaeh is tall enough to reach the door knob, but she's only able to jiggle it right now... She hasn't actually mastered turning the door knob yet... I'm not sure I'll do when she can though. Possibly consider the baby gate, or get my butt outta bed earlier haha

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

October 17th, 2010, 09:26 AM
babyDamico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For Payton I just make it so the only place she can get to is my room.. its kind of a straight shot. That way if she does wake up she can just come get me instead of playing in her room (which is NOT toddler proof at the moment). Once we get her dresser anchored to her wall it may be another story!

We made one wish and two came true, Andrew and Annabelle, we can't wait to meet you!

October 17th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Joey can't open the door yet. I won't have a problem with her opening the door and going places if she's up. I'll know she's up since we share a room anyway. In fact if our door is open in the morning and she wakes up I'll often tell her to go find Analiese. LOL.

October 22nd, 2010, 06:50 PM
ChristinaL's Avatar Hovel Princess :-)
Bleh, I wasn't even thinking of him locking us out. Can't wait for that!
October 22nd, 2010, 06:59 PM
MomOf2Boys&aLaney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Laney can reach the door know, but only can close the door- not open it, yet. It's funny b/c when she wakes up in the middle of the night she just stands up in her bed and screams for us... like she's still in a crib!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search