todays the day

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2010, 05:48 AM
wclark602002's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
MIL comes home today . dont get me wrong i am super excited and happy shes coming home but im terrified at the same time she is just so different. she cant be left alone for any amount of time,no matter how small,we are going to be responsible for her therapy so she doesnt lose what mobility she has been able to gain back,she now takes insulin shots(guess who has to do those) and her parkinsons meds are on a strict time schedule to be effective.so from here on out my day will start at 5am 7 days a week no matter what i can never sleep in again.UGH this is gonna be so hard and im so scared im gonna mess sumthin up and im afraid she will have some sort of episode once she gets home and oh i just dunno,im really stressin right now,i just wanna cry

Virtapay, alternative to paypal...its FREE!!!
http://www.virtapay.com/r/wclark602002
October 21st, 2010, 05:55 AM
Crafty Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry! We had a similar situation with my grandma. She had a stroke or something and came to live with us. She had some sort of an episode and had to be taken off in an ambulance and my mom thought it was her fault, since she was in charge of all of her meds. But it turned out that my grandma was using the wrong reader for her blood sugar or something, and it got to be way off.
I know it's going to be tough, I'm sorry things have been so hard for you! I'll be praying for you and your family.

Thank you, AlexAiden Mommy for my awesome siggy!

October 21st, 2010, 08:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know you've probably looked into all this already, but isn't there some way Medicaid will provide a nurse for her at least part of the time? What if everyone in the family worked outside the home - then someone else would have to care for her, you know? You do have 4 children to care for also - it seems like a lot for one person to have to handle.

Thank you to Lillibugsmommy for my beautiful siggy!

October 21st, 2010, 09:41 AM
ANGWife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cari24 View Post
I know you've probably looked into all this already, but isn't there some way Medicaid will provide a nurse for her at least part of the time? What if everyone in the family worked outside the home - then someone else would have to care for her, you know? You do have 4 children to care for also - it seems like a lot for one person to have to handle.
Ditto all that! So much for just one person.
October 21st, 2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cari24 View Post
she only has medicare and a BCBS supplement insurance.supposedly she cant get medicaid but anyways they will cover in home for a little bit but if "patient doesnt show marked improvement " they will stop coming.this usually takes about 3 weeks unless they only come once a week and then it will be around 5 or 6 weeks total.which IMO is a waste of everybodys time,they come in for an hour to get her to do a few things,leave and write down that she is completeing but not "improving" therefore shes marked off their to-do list.im sorry but at 90yr old with dementia and late stage parkinsons W T F do they expect? but thats how it works.hell she pays almost $300.00 a month for her supplemental insurance.EVERY MONTH!!!! we get her ambulance bill in,you know what they paid? $75.00 thats it so now were stuck with the remainder cuz medicare isnt paying it either.its just one big crock of chit if you ask me,but then who the hell am i? sorry i really dont mean to sound like a total witch to yall but i gotta vent somewhere.thanks if you made it thru.

October 21st, 2010, 07:07 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) venting is good. Is there a way you can pay for some help to come in and give you a break, maybe two mornings a week or so?
October 22nd, 2010, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post
((hugs)) venting is good. Is there a way you can pay for some help to come in and give you a break, maybe two mornings a week or so?
i wished we could but no we cant.we have to rotate what gets paid and what doesnt each month now as it is.we just have to take it one day at a time and see what happens i guess.

October 22nd, 2010, 06:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry hun. That's a HUGE load to take on and I'd be freaking out too. I wish I lived closer to give you a break or shoulder. I'm praying for you. Vent away. We're here for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search