Christmas budget

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2010, 06:22 AM
babydaniel09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have a Christmas budget for your LO(s) and friends and family?

I try to have one every year but I always blow it I do my shopping in early November, so, by the time it actually comes to Christmas I feel like I need to buy presents, so I end up buying more for some people. Next year I think I will wait til much closer to Christmas!!
Mommy to Matthew, Mason, and Mikayla, #4 due to arrive nov 27 2013

December 15th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Bristol's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I spent around the same amount for family.. but Bristol I don't really have a budget. If I can afford it I just get it.
December 15th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydaniel09 View Post
Do you have a Christmas budget for your LO(s) and friends and family?

I try to have one every year but I always blow it I do my shopping in early November, so, by the time it actually comes to Christmas I feel like I need to buy presents, so I end up buying more for some people. Next year I think I will wait til much closer to Christmas!!
I've decided the only positive to early shopping is there isn't any stress in December. If the lines are too long, great! No worries!! Otherwise, people get double the amount they would usually if I shopped in December. We have been done since November too. Yet I still come home with stuff on a daily basis. Budget? If my account doesn't have a negative... that's my budget!!

December 15th, 2010, 10:40 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
This year not much. Ours was only $100-150 for both kids together (so 50-75 ea) and we really aren't getting family gifts other then form my nephew so like $10. Our usual Christmas time is around $200 for the kids together/100 ea. And around $50 for family (about 10 each). Dh and I aren't getting each other gifts since the new WoW game was our gifts to each other earlier this month.

December 15th, 2010, 12:42 PM
katidid622's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes and no.

For Hannah, I just buy what I want (within reason of course ) and pretty much do the same for DH. Some years DH and I set a limit that we try to stay within. This year I probably spent about $300 or so on Hannah and $225-$250 on DH. For our family, we spend $25-$35 per person...and if I am counting correctly off the top of my head, there are 22 people for that.

Do you LIKE JustMommies? Help us get to 5,000 fans!
December 15th, 2010, 01:40 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
We don't have a set budget, but I know what we can "afford".
For our children, it's probably around $100 (less for Conlan this year, as he doesn't understand, or need anything).
For my family(where we buy for everyone), it's usually $10-20. For DH's (where we draw names, and just buy for that person), it can be more.

December 15th, 2010, 06:25 PM
peapod's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Per child $200 max. $ 50 for each of our parents dh has 3 sets I have 1. $50 for dh's sister and husband 10-15$ for dh's extended family 17 total ( for some reason I thought their were more) $60 for a close friend and her kids.
December 16th, 2010, 04:54 PM
maryslittlelambs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've probably spent $40 per child, except for Zach, which I have probably only spent $10 on. I've been given some things for him which he's getting this year.
DS1's big gift was a k-nex roller coaster. DD got a pink guitar. DS2 got an air guitar. Zach's big gift is a box of "footsy ouchies", or bristle blocks (I call them footsy ouchies because they really hurt when you step on them!). I was given them still in the case, so they were free.

Thank you *kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!

December 17th, 2010, 03:05 AM
kristianna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never really set a budget for Christmas. I probably should! This year money it tight so I'm trying not to spend too much. The exception being on Anaiah. She's getting the most presents by far! I honestly have not bought anything for DH and I think I've spent about 10-15 dollars on my SIL and a niece that will be with us for Christmas this year. I spend more money on postage then I do on actually gifts to my family.. they really just get an ornament. I also tried hard to make some gifts myself for the extended family etc. (they don't celebrate Christmas anyway)

Thank you Vicki for the BEEautiful siggie!

December 17th, 2010, 07:38 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
this year we have about 150 for each kid (I'm still way below on Angelica cause I'm not sure what else to get her) And DH and I get our gifts on Black Friday. But this year i couldn't find anything but a pair of boots for $10 so DH says I'm getting something. Then we get stuff for his parents and mine just depends on what they want and his Grandparents.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

December 17th, 2010, 02:23 PM
rnholly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I spent about 75 apiece on each of my parents, about 200 on DH, and about 125 on Jackson. Usually I don't spend so much on DH but I wanted to get him something nice this year, as he always splurges on me.
December 18th, 2010, 10:25 PM
ForestJenn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband gave me a budget this year to spend on Christmas. It was money that he set aside from our tax refund and his bonus. It helped a lot because working part time made it hard for me to set aside money for presents. And it was nice to have the set budget. I feel like I got great gifts for everyone because I spent so much time finding the best gift under a certain amount for everyone.

The excepton was Adrian. We spent more than we probably should have, but he's due for more toys. I actually did take some off the list though. I'll buy them over the next few months and his birthday isn't so far away either. He really needs new tosy though!

Loving every minute of being a mommy!

Last edited by ForestJenn; December 18th, 2010 at 10:29 PM.
December 18th, 2010, 11:29 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No set budget really...we typically spend $40-50 per niece/nephew and $50-100 for our parents (each). $5-15 for friends kids. $30-$50 for DD's Godmother and we splurged and spent like $125 for DD's Godfather. I will likely spend close to $300 on DH and I have no clue what he'll spend on me, nor does it matter, but he typically spoils me. As for DD...we have gone over board, but if I were to add it all up, I have no clue...maybe $250?
December 18th, 2010, 11:43 PM
MayBTheresHope's Avatar MayBTheresHope
DH and I are giving pictures to our parents as presents this year and not buying each other anything over $30. We did spend around $300 on Presley, though. To me, it is all about her anyway. I wouldn't have spent that much, but I was hell bent on buying her an indoor play set for our bonus room so that she can get some exercise during the winter months. Then I found out about the learning tower for the kitchen and had to get one of those, as well, so that I don't have to hold her while I cook/clean the kitchen, or alternatively listen to her cry for me from the pack and play while I cook/clean the kitchen...the rest of her stuff is small and not very expensive.

Thank you Mama Trish for my fabulous siggies!
December 19th, 2010, 03:39 AM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm I probably have spent about $325 on Aiden but that includes some new shoes which I would have bought Christmas or not and a few new shirts and some pj's as well. For Sophia I have maybe spent about $150 - I got her two toys, some clothes for next winter, bibs and stuff like that. They are also getting about 10 book between them from me and DH bought them 5 books as well and for Sophia he got a great deal on a GAP warmest jacket and snowpants for next winter

On DH I spent about $250 as I wanted to get him something nice and I probably spent about $40 on each niece and nephew (of which there are 5) with the exception of our goddaughter who we usually spend more on and it is also her birthday on Dec 30th so that means 2 gifts.

December 20th, 2010, 02:02 PM
luvmyabsolute's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to luvmyabsolute
I spent around $250 on DS and around $150 on DD. DH and I don't buy each other gifts, we would rather see the kids get new things. DS got a Fender Electric guitar with a case and an amp (he will start guitar lessons in the spring, he is VERY interested in it.) He also got 4 movies (Sponge bob, Wonder pets, Backyardigains and some dinosaur thing) some hot wheels and a Disney Cars couch/pull out bed.

Trinity got a pink My little Pony doll, a Disney Princess baby doll set (has Cinderella, a pack n play, a car seat, swing, etc) A Disney princess Belle doll, a few DVD's and some other misc things for her baby dolls.

They got tons of stuff from grandparents also. Layne got his first gas power ATV that has a remote control so if he starts getting to fast I can shut it off, I think its 110 or 125. Its pretty neat.

I think I am done shopping but we will see. If they get anything else it will probably be after xmas.

*!*!*Thank you Vicki... For my Great Siggie*!*!*

Make a pregnancy ticker

Tags
christmas

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search